How many conservative/Republican atheists are on here?

Started by PureEvil, May 31, 2018, 03:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 03, 2018, 12:25:24 AM
I don't see the correlation. Myself and most of my friends are NOT conservative and yet we hate both islam and feminism.

i am a maverick.  So are you.  Are we both Sen McCain?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Yeah I tried it, but think I got infected with the uzumaki curse.

Guess I am truly neutral since everything meets at the mouth of the spiral.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on June 03, 2018, 08:36:43 AM
The test seems to say your twisted.
Life itself is twisted -- look at a DNA molecule.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 01, 2018, 08:26:55 AM
I had a similar reaction to that video.  As incendiary rhetoric, it accomplishes it's goal.  It includes a wide selection of attacks on the target, and equally offends the left while it delights the right.  But... and this is a big "But," it generalizes against the whole left with accusations that describe a small subset of the extreme.

While some of the accusations do actually describe a subgroup, they do not accurately describe the whole, and the generalizations are seldom, if ever, supported.  They are unjustified claims assembled for the purpose of spewing hatred.  I kept wondering who this guy is.  He looks mature and reputable, but when he opens his mouth, he fails to explain why such an emotional level of hatred might even be justified. 

He's a four year old hidden in a grownup body telling his parents how much he hates them.  As parents, its good to recognize your child's true emotional state, and as parents, you make exceptions for that emotional state, because the child is four.  But adults are expected to have developed a sense of reason and an understanding that emotions are something entirely separate from reason, and they are expected to explain their emotional state with a modicum of rational support.

So Trump is sort of a young Michael Myers from Halloween...  Yeah, sounds about right.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!