King of the Hill syndrome

Started by Baruch, May 28, 2018, 11:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Listen to this, as to what it means to be #1 in some social situations ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7AewaHr0Q

This is about men first, women second.  This is why, given the stress, I am happy to have reached the #2 position, after 40 years.  I don't need the trouble.  Even though I am obsessive-compulsive.

No, most people will never make #1, or even #2 in their work environment.  And I don't care if the top position makes more money.  If I make enough to pay ordinary bills I am happy enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

I'm tired of seeing this guy everywhere. He's just another guy profiting off of the internet's obsession with SJW's. He doesn't deserve all of this attention.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 01, 2018, 02:07:44 AM
I'm tired of seeing this guy everywhere. He's just another guy profiting off of the internet's obsession with SJW's. He doesn't deserve all of this attention.

Fast-talking would-be wanna-be celebrity idiots abound (not that this a "New Thing")...  And I'm getting tired of "SJW" being a pejorative.  Like there is something wrong with "social justice"?  That's a Trump tactic.  Smear the positive so fewer people notice his negatives...  Accuse others of his own faults.    Its the old playground bullying game of "What you say to me sticks to you; I'm made of rubber you are glue".

I mean, really, has basic intelligence sunk so low that that nonsense still works?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 01, 2018, 02:23:22 AM
Fast-talking would-be wanna-be celebrity idiots abound (not that this a "New Thing")...  And I'm getting tired of "SJW" being a pejorative.  Like there is something wrong with "social justice"?  That's a Trump tactic.  Smear the positive so fewer people notice his negatives...  Accuse others of his own faults.    Its the old playground bullying game of "What you say to me sticks to you; I'm made of rubber you are glue".

I mean, really, has basic intelligence sunk so low that that nonsense still works?

Social Justice?  Are you a Sans-cullote ... Pierre Bear?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 01, 2018, 02:07:44 AM
JBP is the only - somewhat - reasonable voice, AFAIK, that has come with religious connotations that challenges the main narrative, which is why I find his views fascinating and worth considering.

That being said, when it comes to atheism and theism, he's the Deepak Chopra of Christianity.

Even at that, standard - mainly Christian - apologetics have been told and retold a thousand times, we even have short-hand titles for them nowadays. But there is only so much you can accomplish by polishing a turd and give it fancy wrapping, it's still a turd. I guess I, in the past, was dazzled by the fancy wrapping.

Baruch

True in terms of supporting Western Civilization.  But of course we aren't the only ones on the planet.  There is Islam, Hinduism, Chinese-ism etc.  They are civilizations too.  Being Western however, I have no interest in our destruction, by ourselves, or by enemies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 01, 2018, 05:00:56 AM
JBP is the only - somewhat - reasonable voice, AFAIK, that has come with religious connotations that challenges the main narrative, which is why I find his views fascinating and worth considering.

That being said, when it comes to atheism and theism, he's the Deepak Chopra of Christianity.

Even at that, standard - mainly Christian - apologetics have been told and retold a thousand times, we even have short-hand titles for them nowadays. But there is only so much you can accomplish by polishing a turd and give it fancy wrapping, it's still a turd. I guess I, in the past, was dazzled by the fancy wrapping.

If you have become "undazzled" congrats to you!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 05, 2018, 04:36:14 AM
If you have become "undazzled" congrats to you!

Anti-Western materialists do what they do, and have since the time of Democritus and Epicurus.  If I can convince you that you are just matter, then I can own you and do what I want with you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Where do each of you fit on the Personality Disorder Spectrum?  If you had a real life, you wouldn't spend time posting on the Internet ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XZ9cLJd5Gc
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I've got a cluster-fuck personality disorder.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 15, 2018, 08:16:45 PM

Maybe there is a drug for that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 15, 2018, 08:16:45 PM

Sometimes you have to think outside your "cluster". 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 17, 2018, 03:29:28 AM
Sometimes you have to think outside your "cluster".

Not doing that is a symptom of one of the syndromes above.  What is your excuse?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 06:48:08 AM
Not doing that is a symptom of one of the syndromes above.  What is your excuse?

Your question is a symptom, n'est-ce pas?