Ireland Overwhelmingly Votes in Favour of Abortion, Womens Rights

Started by Shiranu, May 26, 2018, 02:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on May 26, 2018, 10:56:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT1nObx_12c

Damn, forgot you were pro-homophobia as well.

"We legalized gay marriage to stick it to the Catholic church, to be Marxists! It's just the beginning of the downfall of our civilization!"

For fucks sake.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Theres been things Dave Cullen's said that I agree with, his defense of Bearing when they terminated his account, his speaking out against the EU's policies and its propaganda, the bullshit that happened to count dankula, the thought crimes thats been slowing perpetuating though political systems, speaking out against the messed up workings of islamic beliefs and those wanting sharia law pushed into the west, identity politics going to far, as well as his product knowledge.

But he does still have conservative values, and that might effect his common sense in things like giving services to people like abortion services. It just shows the fact even if there are people you mostly agree with, you can still disagree with some things they say, and likewise you can be in complete disagreeance with someone on 95% of what they say, but sometimes their say something you do completely agree with.

I do agree with what someone said in the comments of the video above, abortion really isn't something you have to celebrate over, its not really something that you should make a party about, unlike gay marriage or trans rights, because its such a delicate, sensitive procedure. Having the services is the right thing, but having a street party over it is just bizarre.

It be like if a country didn't have a law in place to let families give permission to turn off a family members life support, and then the law passes allowing them, they celebrate with balloons "Yay I can ask them to let my grandpa die now" . Like say, its a sensitive issue on a case by case basis.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: pr126A Kabuki artist is white.

Well, our Fearless LeaderSpanky is a real Kabuki artist, and he's white...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Poison Tree

Quote from: pr126 on May 27, 2018, 08:43:11 AM
In the video I posted, President Macron stated that European women must inter-breed by state force if necessary.
Splicing together unrelated bits of a Sarkozy speech to fearmonger about Macron; At what point did even you stop taking your crap seriously?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Shiranu

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 27, 2018, 08:20:31 PM
Splicing together unrelated bits of a Sarkozy speech to fearmonger about Macron; At what point did even you stop taking your crap seriously?

Seriously, even in the video he posted back when he brought this up, even cut up as it was and translated from French to English, Marcon didn't say that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote... unlike gay marriage or trans rights, because its such a delicate, sensitive procedure. Having the services is the right thing, but having a street party over it is just bizarre.

People shouldn't celebrate that their lives don't have to be ruined because conservative idiots aren't given the right to control someone elses body? Particularly women; men, if they knock someone up, can always just bugger off and leave all the pressure on the woman... but once a woman is pregnant, her life is, essentially, over (unless she wanted the child).

I'm sorry, but nah, fuck that. Celebrate the fuck over conservative (mostly men) not getting to enforce their morality on everyone else and deny people the right to their own body.

QuoteIt be like if a country didn't have a law in place to let families give permission to turn off a family members life support, and then the law passes allowing them, they celebrate with balloons "Yay I can ask them to let my grandpa die now" .

Except it's literally nothing like that, because a family member is (at least, was) a self-aware, fully developed human. A fetus is not, and it's giving the woman choice over her body, not her family members'.

pr126

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 27, 2018, 08:20:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8yaiN6ew_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNGPah2I9VE

But there are some restrictions:

Asma Lambaret

QuoteIt goes without saying that the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man is one of the main taboo issues in debates on Islam.

According to a broad consensus religiously sterile, a Muslim woman is formally forbidden to marry a non-Muslim man regardless of his religion, while a Muslim man is allowed to get married to a non Muslim woman, mainly a Christian or a Jew, considered by the Islamic schools as “People of the Book”[1].

What does the Qur’an say about this issue and how does it deal with the marriage of Muslim men and women to non-Muslims?

In the Qur’an, there is only one verse that clearly tackles this issue. It is absolutely the main verse that states a provision on marriage with a category of non-Muslims.

Allah says: “Do not marry idolatresses (al mushrikāt) till they believe; and certainly a believing maid is better than an idolatress even though she would please you; and do not marry idolaters (al Mushrikīn) till they believe (hata yūminū), and certainly a believing slave is better than an idolater, even though he would please you. These invite to the Fire, and Allah invites to the Garden and to forgiveness by His grace, and makes clear His revelations to mankind so that they may remember.”Qur’an 2:221

Conclusion:

Men wishing to marry Muslim women will have to convert to Islam first.

A Muslim man will command a non-Muslim wife to convert to Islam.

To comply with Sarkozy's idea, Europe will have to become Islamic.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 27, 2018, 11:10:14 PM

Except it's literally nothing like that, because a family member is (at least, was) a self-aware, fully developed human. A fetus is not, and it's giving the woman choice over her body, not her family members'.

okay I'll give you that, I'm talking about it just being an odd thing to celebrate, given how while gay marriage and trans rights is something celebratory, having doctors perform a medical procedure on someone is not exactly a party.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on May 28, 2018, 10:31:13 AM
okay I'll give you that, I'm talking about it just being an odd thing to celebrate, given how while gay marriage and trans rights is something celebratory, having doctors perform a medical procedure on someone is not exactly a party.
Being able to decide for yourself is definitely a happy thing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 28, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
The Irish Jordan Peterson isn't happy about this abortion nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCe557l3MUY

Sorry, but no matter what the blarney, Irish accent is awesome!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Poison Tree

Quote from: pr126 on May 28, 2018, 10:23:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8yaiN6ew_g
Yes, this is exactly the bullshit I'm talking about.  Your video is nothing but a Frankenstein's monster cobbled together from fragments ripped out of their original context and sewn together with malice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPPRYl0xQE&t=820s
For example, the first quote (53 seconds in your video) is from 12:09 in the speech while the second (1:07) is from 39:52. But I'm sure the intervening 27 minutes don't change the meaning at all.  Why don't I just follow suit and say:
Quote from: pr126 on May 27, 2018, 08:43:11 AM
I think it is called rape.
Quote from: pr126 on May 23, 2018, 12:51:19 PM
I think this is quite funny. 
Look! pr126  thinks rape is funny                                                  Let's all tar and feather himSee how dishonest this is when I do it?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

pr126

Yes, you are dishonest. The two quotes are from two different threads.

Context! The "I think is quite funny" quoted from another thread where was no mention of rape.   

What I was referring to is the court case between a Muslima and an LGBT transgender and who will win the victimhood contest.

Here is the video which I found funny. Not a rape that you imagined.
Shame on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlA-zAiDpKs

Cavebear

I am pleased about the Ireland vote.  Progress one step at a time...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Poison Tree

Quote from: pr126 on May 29, 2018, 01:01:39 AM
Yes, you are dishonest. The two quotes are from two different threads.

Context!

Indeed, it is dishonest to take two separate quotes, rip them from their context and past them together with the intent of smearing the speaker and misleading the public.
Which is exactly what you (and who ever made the video you shared) are doing to Sarkozy/Macron.  Which was (clearly, I hope) the entire point of my post.
What's the actual context of Sarkozy's quotes? Do you know? Do you care?

Quote from: pr126 on May 29, 2018, 01:01:39 AM
Shame on you.
Indeed, shame on me for rhetorically stooping to your tactics