News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Establishment psyop ...

Started by Baruch, May 25, 2018, 09:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/wikipedia-is-an-establishment-psyop-c352c0d2faf

You know ... given that it was started with CIA money, same as Facebook and Google ...

And it will never have a true article on the Kennedy, Bush, Clinton or Obama families ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Wikipedia is crowd-written & -read, I only use wikipedia on a superficial level to denote information that is verifiable. Every time I see a citation needed in a wikipedia article alarm bells go off.

Gilgamesh

there are no unbiased collectives. There are only unbiased individuals.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 25, 2018, 10:40:47 AM
there are no unbiased collectives. There are only unbiased individuals.

There are no unbiased individuals or collective groups.  I am biased, you are biased, Spock is biased, we are all biased.  We just all have to fight it as best we can.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 10:51:39 AM
There are no unbiased individuals or collective groups.  I am biased, you are biased, Spock is biased, we are all biased.  We just all have to fight it as best we can.

Give me your coordinates, so I can terminate our discussion with the satellite death ray ... or not.  No, choose not to fight.  Choose not to be an ass.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 25, 2018, 11:32:38 AM
Give me your coordinates, so I can terminate our discussion with the satellite death ray ... or not.  No, choose not to fight.  Choose not to be an ass.

How would that deny biases?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 12:16:47 PM
How would that deny biases?

There is a difference between being biased and being an ass about it.  Antisocial people are assholes about just about anything, even non-bias (see SJWs).  So no, I don't deny bias.  But other than on this forum, I choose not to be an ass about it.  In the real world, I consider that I might be wrong, and that I might offend.  I am tempted, I just can usually withstand the temptation in real life.

So for example.  I work with many people, including African-Americans.  Supposed I had a bias regarding them as a group (not a bias based on an opinion about a particular individual, that might be valid).  There is no way, even if it was PC, that I would mention that bias at work etc.  Now I do have group bias, toward humans in general (they are stupid) or against Leftists/Rightists (they are crazy).  And I express that here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

To the left is the pull of the mob and the social affirmation of moralizing intellectual lightweights, to the right is fear and ignorance.  If you have collectivist tendencies you can slide into either camp surprisingly easily.   

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 25, 2018, 06:25:29 PM
To the left is the pull of the mob and the social affirmation of moralizing intellectual lightweights, to the right is fear and ignorance.  If you have collectivist tendencies you can slide into either camp surprisingly easily.   

Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler - Einstein

Make things as individual as possible, but not solipcist - Baruch

Society is just one more example of how crazy reality is.  How can aggregating monkeys together be an improvement?  And yet it is, sometimes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Where does "legitimate" power come from?

“Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?” said Dr. Ferris. “We want them broken. You’d better get it straight that it’s not a bunch of boy scouts you’re up againstâ€"then you’ll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We’re after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you’d better get wise to it. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there it that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpretedâ€"and you create a nation of lawbreakersâ€"and then you cash in on guilt. Now that’s the system, Mr. Rearden, that’s the game, and once you understand it, you’ll be much easier to deal with.” - from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Arrest everyone, for illegal breathing.  Get them all back to work, down on the plantation.

If you control the narrative, this insanity seems sane.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 25, 2018, 06:25:29 PM

You do realize that what you call "the mob" often represents the majority of people and that's what "democracy" IS.  Or don't you like democracy? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 05:49:41 AM
You do realize that what you call "the mob" often represents the majority of people and that's what "democracy" IS.  Or don't you like democracy?

Mob rule.  I don't speak for G ... but I hate democracy, as long as it involves monkeys, because I hate monkey poo.  But thankfully, the US has never been a democracy, it is an oligarchy, always was, always will be.  Only dupes mistake this for a democracy.  Well in some very small New England town halls, where all the adults can fit in one room, they had democracy ... which was just a secular version of a Sunday sermon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 06:54:24 AM
Mob rule.  I don't speak for G ... but I hate democracy, as long as it involves monkeys, because I hate monkey poo.  But thankfully, the US has never been a democracy, it is an oligarchy, always was, always will be.  Only dupes mistake this for a democracy.  Well in some very small New England town halls, where all the adults can fit in one room, they had democracy ... which was just a secular version of a Sunday sermon.

And there you go again with the "monkey" analogy to humans.  What is going on in your ape-mind (and we ARE apes) that causes that.  Is it that if you agree we humans are apes you will have to accept evolution?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 06:58:14 AM
And there you go again with the "monkey" analogy to humans.  What is going on in your ape-mind (and we ARE apes) that causes that.  Is it that if you agree we humans are apes you will have to accept evolution?

You say tomato and I say TOMATO ... as a monkey, of course I accept evolution ... but only if you give me a banana.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 07:06:04 AM
You say tomato and I say TOMATO ... as a monkey, of course I accept evolution ... but only if you give me a banana.

Fine, be a monkey.  The rest of us are apes...  LOL!