$153,000 For a Rattlesnake Bite

Started by Shiranu, May 23, 2018, 12:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 07:31:50 AM
Accuracy demands accuracy. 

LOL!  Did you really think you had to remind me we all came from Africa?  I've been studying general and human evolution for 50 years now.  I dare say I could answer most any question you have. 

On the Planet Of The Apes, I am a human.

What is the truth? - Pontius Pilatus
You can't handle the truth! - Jack Nicholson character

If you are human, then you would be mute and pre-technological. And mostly naked.

Yes ... remind you of Africa.  But you assume, anyone to the Right of Mao is a KKK member.  Yankee Doodle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 01:36:20 PM
What is the truth? - Pontius Pilatus
You can't handle the truth! - Jack Nicholson character

If you are human, then you would be mute and pre-technological. And mostly naked.

Yes ... remind you of Africa.  But you assume, anyone to the Right of Mao is a KKK member.  Yankee Doodle.

Like Charleston Heston...

I am reminded of a short sci-fi story.  The world ended and a bunch of robots were wandering around debating (logically of course) about who should be in charge.  Then they came across a decrepit starving human who demanded "FOOD" and they all immediately said "Yes Sir"!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 02:19:55 PM
Like Charleston Heston...

I am reminded of a short sci-fi story.  The world ended and a bunch of robots were wandering around debating (logically of course) about who should be in charge.  Then they came across a decrepit starving human who demanded "FOOD" and they all immediately said "Yes Sir"!

A better story (I think it was in Reader's Digest 30 years ago).  Post apocalypse.  Robot Tokyo Disneyland gets reactivated by a random electrical event.  The Mickey Mouse and Goofy robots reactivate and start wandering around looking for something to do.  Being close to China, the Mickey Mouse robot is radical and the Goofy robot is traditional.  In the end they run into some cavemen, and Mikey starts spouting Marxist nonsense.  The cavemen demolish him.  Goofy however seems less annoying and actually wants to do something useful, rather than spout ideology.  They decide to keep him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 07:14:17 PM
A better story (I think it was in Reader's Digest 30 years ago).  Post apocalypse.  Robot Tokyo Disneyland gets reactivated by a random electrical event.  The Mickey Mouse and Goofy robots reactivate and start wandering around looking for something to do.  Being close to China, the Mickey Mouse robot is radical and the Goofy robot is traditional.  In the end they run into some cavemen, and Mikey starts spouting Marxist nonsense.  The cavemen demolish him.  Goofy however seems less annoying and actually wants to do something useful, rather than spout ideology.  They decide to keep him.

Every dog has his day.  I always laughed that Goofy and Pluto were both dogs and few saw the contradiction between the two.  One a bipedal human-like one and the other not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!