News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Depression: It's All In Your Head!

Started by Hydra009, May 22, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteThere is a lot of excitement about research indicating low doses of psychedelics can improve symptoms of depression and addictions.

I can definitely say since *a friend* of mine did mushrooms and ecstasy, he noticed a very significant change in his outlook and overall mood. Certainly didn't cure anything, but made him look at them in new ways and find new ways to deal with them.

I definitely know he would be interested in doing them in a more therapy-esque setting rather than at home or at raves, but still valuable experiences.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on May 23, 2018, 05:13:28 PM
the point is, ....fuck people who want to trivialize mental illness and make fun of or shame people for having it.

It was a few, maybe over 6 years ago that I also trivialized some of Shir's complaints about his depression. I was "normal" and peeps that had depression were simply pussified. "Grow the fuck up".."Stop being a pussy"...." Millions of others have REAL problems"....but then an odd thing happened. I had to go out of state for a job after being laid off and my thyroid meds were delayed 3 months and....one night I woke up at 2 am and realized I was a failure and could not do the job. I fucked it up, I fucked up everything, I was a fuck up and needed to go home. So I packed my bag and left and was in Baltimore (leaving from York Pa) when my mind kind of surfaced again asking, "wtf are you doing?". So I stopped and went back. But it happened the next night as well, and then again.....to the point where the building inspector grabbed me as said," man, you need a doctor". And I got one on the 1st day of my new insurance and he got me calmed down with some xanax, which I used sparingly and still do if I wake up at 2 am, (turns out simply quitting my thyroid meds "could" lead to episodes of high anxiety). SO it was the first time in my life that I fully got a view of "medical" anxiety which as if you know me, I can interpret to understand that medical and biological are pretty much terms of involuntary and voluntary drugs.
  So I got a new understanding of anxiety and depression, so I apologized to Shir.....at least I think I did, so if I didn't I apologize again Shiranu..that i have a more proper understanding of how the brain and its own drugs can fuck you up.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on May 23, 2018, 05:57:25 PM
Isn't this the same whore who wanted to shame fat people.

Yeah I don't give people like this my time, she's an internet whore wanting attention by being outrageous, but unlike someone like deadpool, she has no charm to back it.

Yeah, the video makes a mention of that. She's also responsible for...this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW8whgmyTNU

You just KNOW you've found a good video when the likes and comments are both disabled.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 24, 2018, 12:00:09 AM
Yeah, the video makes a mention of that. She's also responsible for...this.
That was more trauma-inducing than anything in the Dafuq thread.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!