News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trevor Noah Standup on British Colonialism

Started by Shiranu, May 22, 2018, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

More funny than anything else, but I mean... that is the point of comedy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc9OX_0RU4A
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

That is the usual Muslim policy.  The British didn't invent it.  The Indians decided to keep English as a second language, since they have 14 major languages there, they have little ability to speak to each other (Persian was used at court before that, but the Persians were colonizers too).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Well, that's over ten minutes I'm not getting back. However it does raise a good point, such as an invading army flocking to another country with a society that completely opposite to their own, and tries to make that society change and confirm to it's standards.

Oops!!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Turnabout if fair play.  But only if GB is invaded by Hindus.  Muslims already were invaders in India.  They aren't native (culturally).  Last time I checked, GB wasn't too HOT on colonizing the Middle East, except thru local dynasties.  It would have worked that way long term in India too, but the BEI company grew out of control.

General Cornwallis fought in both N America and India.  It was deliberate policy, after the American Revolution, to not send vast numbers of Brits to new areas (only to have them revolt on you).  At its peak there were only 100,000 Brits in India, running all of it.  There were 4 million colonists in N America by 1800 (including the US).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Yo, I just realised I posted the reaction video and not the actual standup so...

Shit. My bad everyone.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 23, 2018, 04:46:07 PM
Yo, I just realised I posted the reaction video and not the actual standup so...

Shit. My bad everyone.

Reaction videos can be better than the originals ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.