Supreme Court Votes Against Worker's Rights

Started by Shiranu, May 22, 2018, 05:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

And you are a very privileged White man ... not that there is anything wrong with that.  But realistic views of the human condition don't come from the bourgeoisie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 25, 2018, 11:44:28 AM
And you are a very privileged White man ... not that there is anything wrong with that.  But realistic views of the human condition don't come from the bourgeoisie.

As Phineas would say, "Yes, yes I am".

But fortunately, that does not disturb my connections to reality.  I have been very poor.  I have been beaten by police.  When there were not any minorities around, the police were happy to beat on white hippies like me.  Show an 18" ponytail and you are just as good a target.  And I kept that "freak flag" in spite of the State Police during demonstrations.

But reality intrudes.  I could cut off the ponytail. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
As Phineas would say, "Yes, yes I am".

But fortunately, that does not disturb my connections to reality.  I have been very poor.  I have been beaten by police.  When there were not any minorities around, the police were happy to beat on white hippies like me.  Show an 18" ponytail and you are just as good a target.  And I kept that "freak flag" in spite of the State Police during demonstrations.

But reality intrudes.  I could cut off the ponytail.

That was long ago, I hope that isn't still happening to you.  But I think the subsequent 40 years of success ... make you a different person.  They did me, I am almost unrecognizable after 4 decades.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 25, 2018, 11:41:40 PM
Three more bills passed today by Trump that target unions and federal worker's rights...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-signs-orders-targeting-federal-workers-union-activities-n877706

Color me surprised.  Remember, the US is the un-France.  We are also the un-England.  Chattel slavery coming soon.  Stay in shape, so you can tolerate the agricultural field work.  Remember, time in a Roman galley, helped Ben Hur develop pecs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2018, 12:23:54 AM
Color me surprised.  Remember, the US is the un-France.  We are also the un-England.  Chattel slavery coming soon.  Stay in shape, so you can tolerate the agricultural field work.  Remember, time in a Roman galley, helped Ben Hur develop pecs.

Oh, I hope to be long gone before it comes to that. Farmers' hunch aint sexy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

I’d vote for Bernie Sanders but he is too white. :(

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 26, 2018, 06:08:42 AM
I’d vote for Bernie Sanders but he is too white. :(

Haha .. Jewish, so not White (for some folks).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on May 25, 2018, 11:41:40 PM
Three more bills passed today by Trump that target unions and federal worker's rights...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-signs-orders-targeting-federal-workers-union-activities-n877706
This will make it easier for the GOP to reduce the size of the government to something that can be "drowned in a bathtub." And smaller is easier to control, since they need to maintain "a minimum level of worker insecurity." If federal workers don't tow the line they'll be out, and knowing that, they're much more tractable than they'd otherwise be.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 26, 2018, 01:35:59 PM
This will make it easier for the GOP to reduce the size of the government to something that can be "drowned in a bathtub." And smaller is easier to control, since they need to maintain "a minimum level of worker insecurity." If federal workers don't tow the line they'll be out, and knowing that, they're much more tractable than they'd otherwise be.

The GOP isn't against big government ... they are against any Democrat office holders, or Democrat leaning public servants.  George W sure shrunk the size of the government ;-)  Trump is also expanding it ... in both cases mostly secret wars of choice here, there, everywhere.

There is an extreme Libertarian lobby for sure, but they are tools, not rules.  Like liberal Blacks in the Democrat party.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

O.P. what a fucked up place the U.S. is becoming Shiranu.

We fought the American Revolution to take the government out of the hands of the wealthy and put it in the hands of the working class. Everytime Congress or the court kisses Walll st ass they are violating their oath of office. The wealthy are not now, nor have they ever been a part of the people. To try to say that they are would be to change the definition that has been part of the English language hundreds of years before the creation of the U.S.

Sometimes the ideology of the Ds is stupid, but most of the ideology of the Rs comes straight from the anarchists of Kentucky, Tenessee, W Virginia... that didnt want to have any government telling them what to do. Not the Brits, not the US and not the government of any of the states.

Ohhhh its arbitration. That filthy word that I have hated since the first time I heard it. Gives corporations a free white wash to cover up their crimes.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Well, I sort of look forward to a day when everyone everywhere is a sort of deep tan and skin color problems go away.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 05:46:37 AM
Well, I sort of look forward to a day when everyone everywhere is a sort of deep tan and skin color problems go away.

There are a thousand other reasons to hate.  But skin color is one of the stupidest, I agree on that.  Polynesians supposedly have the most even skin color.  The San of S Africa are the oldest version of human, that is our common genetics right there ... yes, tan and curly dark hair.  Blondes are mutants.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 06:56:34 AM
There are a thousand other reasons to hate.  But skin color is one of the stupidest, I agree on that.  Polynesians supposedly have the most even skin color.  The San of S Africa are the oldest version of human, that is our common genetics right there ... yes, tan and curly dark hair.  Blondes are mutants.

Skin color is easily the most dividing concept for most of humanity.  Get rid of that, and the rest will be a LOT easier to deal with.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 07:01:31 AM
Skin color is easily the most dividing concept for most of humanity.  Get rid of that, and the rest will be a LOT easier to deal with.

I love an optimist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.