News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ISIS has nothing to do with Islam!

Started by Blackleaf, May 20, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2018, 09:38:25 AM
They won the World Series in 2016.  Are you in denial?
What's their 100 year win percentage?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 22, 2018, 09:59:55 AM
The standard reply, as expected.

Let's see: 33148 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11

Which religion has come anywhere near to this "achievement". Christians? Hindus, Jews? All nuts to the same extent?

Can your moral equivalence be substantiated?

Probably Moslems, among themselves.  If bombs among themselves, right.  Bet you say otherwise. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2018, 10:37:01 AM
Probably Moslems, among themselves.  If bombs among themselves, right.  Bet you say otherwise. 
The first victims of Islam are Muslims.

Since 1948 ten million Muslims were killed by other Muslims.
Either the wrong sect, or not Muslim enough.
But no, I have no objections Muslim s killing each other. That is what they do best.

A violent cult, and a violent culture.

Anybody states that Islam means peace is either lying or terminally stupid.
There are plenty of both.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 22, 2018, 09:26:11 AMCommunism has nothing to do with atheism.

Okay? One is a government structure. The other is a rejection of gods. What would the two have to do with each other? Especially considering the most infamous communist was a devout Catholic, I see no thread connecting the two.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 22, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
Okay? One is a government structure. The other is a rejection of gods. What would the two have to do with each other? Especially considering the most infamous communist was a devout Catholic, I see no thread connecting the two.

Common origin in materialist philosophy ... they are cousins, not siblings or parent/child.  Lenin was no Catholic, neither was Stalin or Mao.

When you are just a meat robot to someone, there is no reason for them to respect you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 22, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
I forgot the /sarcasm tags.

Accidentally, of course.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 22, 2018, 03:02:11 PM
I forgot the /sarcasm tags.

Accidentally, of course.

Oops. I honestly couldn't tell what point you were trying to convey there. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2018, 01:15:18 PM
Common origin in materialist philosophy ... they are cousins, not siblings or parent/child.  Lenin was no Catholic, neither was Stalin or Mao.

When you are just a meat robot to someone, there is no reason for them to respect you.

Unlike when you're a ghost in a disposable meat robot. That's completely different and demands respect. :P
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 22, 2018, 06:06:19 PM
Unlike when you're a ghost in a disposable meat robot. That's completely different and demands respect. :P

Living meat robot or zombie meat robot ... what's the difference?  I am not a robot, of any kind.  Or a random cloud of atoms either.

There was a crazy French king once, who thought he was made of glass, terribly afraid of being broken and getting seven years bad luck ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.