News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

It's all about consent.

Started by pr126, May 20, 2018, 01:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2018, 08:13:58 PM
enough to want to peal off my skin and roll around in salt. And what horseshit, "build skills around body awareness and personal boundaries", have you ever even spent time with a child? I've been around my nephews often since they were babies, children develop there own feelings from normal interactions with their family, and this bullshit of 'teaching personal boundaries' sounds like someone whos never even looked after children would think up.
And 'Body awareness', there as never been a time in any growing childs like they don't stop figuring things out and asking questions, at which stage to teach them in a way they can understand.

This shit reminds me of rugrats, such a brilliant cartoon, but in it there was a recurring joke of Tomies mother Didi quoting lipschitz, who turned out to be clueless about children and just wrote stuff academically instead of spending time with children, showing himself up as a fraud.

Dr Spock (the pediatrician) destroyed the baby boomer generation.  Like the Pope preaching about marriage.  Did Dr Kinsey ever have sex himself?  Or was he a wack job like Dr Kellogg?

Academics ... the very basis of pseudo-intellectualism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2018, 06:48:12 PM
Talking to a baby is good, its healthy and helps them learn as well as gives them comfort.

The woman in the op video is asking babies to give a form of consent at that age. They don't have the mental capacity to respond to such questions. Its like asking a dog to find a number in a phone book.

Speaking to the baby, converts the general ability to make vocal sounds, into the native language of the parents, preparing the toddler to learn vocabulary (grammar comes much later).  Keeping a baby in silence would be chid abuse.  An ancient Pharaoh supposedly did this as an anthropology experiment.  The neglected baby's first word was something that sounded like "bread" in Phrygian, so they concluded that Phrygian was the oldest language.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2018, 08:13:58 PM
have you ever even spent time with a child?
Yes, I also have a nephew, who I see practically every day.

I assume you've fed your nephews from time to time and I'm sure there were times when they didn't actually want to eat. Now babies need to eat and are not able to make informed consent, but somehow I doubt force fed them, right? If you are rough-housing or tickling and they tell you to stop, I assume that you comply. Even before they could talk, kicking and crying likely got their point across just fine. Guess what; consent.

It's fundamentally the same thing. When my nephew was younger and I'd say "ok, were going to go into the other room and change your diaper" if he'd scream "no" or, before he could talk, cry and kick I'd say "that's ok, I'll check back in in a couple minutes". You know, once it took 10 whole minutes until he was ready to go (a far cry from the fictional filthy feminist baby ). Now I ask him if he needs to go potty and remind him to stop and go right away, but I've never forced him to go use the potty, nor have I needed to.

It is true, of course, that he dosen't get full bodily autonomy: I wouldn't let him jump in the river on his second birthday, he's not allowed to throw hard objects, ect. But there is no reason that talking to a baby about changing its diaper and teaching it that its response matters should draw the slippery-slope collapse of civilization moral panic I've seen on twitter. Unlike the OP video, I don't feel compelled to "imagine" what other horrors Carson may peddling in conjunction with the villainous respectful relationship curriculum

I don't know why the video showed up instead of a URL hyperlink like the article, and I'm too lazy to figure it out. Looked fine when I hit 'preview'
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Jason Harvestdancer

As a father of two, I can say that lady is more full of shit than a nappy of a baby that won't consent.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 21, 2018, 11:09:37 PM
As a father of two, I can say that lady is more full of shit than a nappy of a baby that won't consent.

When I was 16 and the eldest of 3 children, my mother suddenly produced a 4th.  I bet I've changed more diapers than some husbands...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
When I was 16 and the eldest of 3 children, my mother suddenly produced a 4th.  I bet I've changed more diapers than some husbands...

And did you ask them at any time if its okay to do so?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on May 22, 2018, 06:10:01 AM
And did you ask them at any time if its okay to do so?

Actually, so far as I understood at the time, I had little to do with the production of my younger siblings.  But I WAS a good child-sitter.  The responsible type, ya know?

If you meant "was it OK to change diapers"?  I'm pretty sure my parents never objected.  And that was before "disposable diapers".  Let's just say "it was all right there in front of me and I got used to poop.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 22, 2018, 07:31:55 AM
Actually, so far as I understood at the time, I had little to do with the production of my younger siblings.  But I WAS a good child-sitter.  The responsible type, ya know?

If you meant "was it OK to change diapers"?  I'm pretty sure my parents never objected.  And that was before "disposable diapers".  Let's just say "it was all right there in front of me and I got used to poop.

no no, I mean, did you actually ask them, your baby siblings, if it was okay to change their diapers? Because if you didn't, your a horrible human bearing.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on May 20, 2018, 09:08:05 PM
Dr Spock (the pediatrician) destroyed the baby boomer generation. 

More like he destroyed the children of the boomer generation.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Emancipated

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2018, 06:36:06 PM
"Stopped watching there, because I know he was going to follow it up with a, "...but...".

That, and if you have to clarify that you like women, you probably don't like women."

You formed an opinion of the guy based on just a few seconds.
It took me less than a few seconds to form an opinion of him.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on May 22, 2018, 12:44:34 PM
More like he destroyed the children of the boomer generation.

That was Mr Spock ... the folks who didn't watch Star Trek Classic, never realized they can't choose to be Vulcan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on May 22, 2018, 12:38:20 PM
no no, I mean, did you actually ask them, your baby siblings, if it was okay to change their diapers? Because if you didn't, your a horrible human bearing.

Well, they weren't good at talking at the time.  And they did fill their diapers pretty consistently.  Their health concerns pretty much over-rode any objections their baby-bunny-level minds had at the time.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 03:38:50 AM
Well, they weren't good at talking at the time.  And they did fill their diapers pretty consistently.  Their health concerns pretty much over-rode any objections their baby-bunny-level minds had at the time.

This here is the response any sane, rational person should have when it comes to looking after children, not some air headed pink muff twat wanting to apply her failed social science degree to children while not having any herself.

Cavebear

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 09:03:41 AM
Did I just get an award?

yes, a lifetime supply of bear food.

Bears eat grass right?