News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

It's all about consent.

Started by pr126, May 20, 2018, 01:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Emancipated

Mermaid

Quote from: Emancipated on May 20, 2018, 01:45:16 PM
My brain hurts.
Mine leaked out of my ears and ran down my shirt.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

"I like women..."

Stopped watching there, because I know he was going to follow it up with a, "...but...".

That, and if you have to clarify that you like women, you probably don't like women.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 20, 2018, 01:58:52 PM
"I like women..."

Stopped watching there, because I know he was going to follow it up with a, "...but...".

That, and if you have to clarify that you like women, you probably don't like women.

I don't like women.....

.. who are complete idiots. The same as I don't like men who are complete idiots.

See how that works.

Why bother posting a reply if your not going to add something to the subject?

As it stands, yes, this woman is a fucking idiot. Children at the age they need diapers are not able to make informed consent to needing it changed, so she is just trying to push some bullshit narrative and agenda.

But of course you missed the context of what he was saying and closed the video early, so let me make it clear. He was making a joke. The context of that joke is because the organisation this woman represents is about indoctrinated young male minds into thinking theres something wrong with them as a young age, he made a joke at their expense.

Basically, he is calling out this woman for being one of these people that fucked with young minds with messed up social issues, and doing so by making light of her gender. But you just think he's sexist just from the off because you didn't look further into it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Leftists (sociopaths) look for any angle they can, in their goal to suicide society.  Robespierre is proud of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteWhy bother posting a reply if your not going to add something to the subject?

Assuming the subject of this thread is the video posted in OP, I did.

QuoteBut you just think he's sexist just from the off because you didn't look further into it.

Mate, I don't think anything about him. I literally said I didn't watch the video because he started off on a negative tone and aint nobody got time for 12 minutes of dat. I'm not going to have an opinion on a guy I literally saw 3 seconds of and will never see again in my life.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 20, 2018, 05:13:50 PM

Mate, I don't think anything about him. I literally said I didn't watch the video because he started off on a negative tone and aint nobody got time for 12 minutes of dat. I'm not going to have an opinion on a guy I literally saw 3 seconds of and will never see again in my life.

"Stopped watching there, because I know he was going to follow it up with a, "...but...".

That, and if you have to clarify that you like women, you probably don't like women."

You formed an opinion of the guy based on just a few seconds.

Poison Tree

It's worse than you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60vnM4mZfTA
Asking a two month old how it is and 'what's the matter'. What an idiot. We all know two month olds can't talk. She's clearly trying to push some disgusting agenda.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Munch

Talking to a baby is good, its healthy and helps them learn as well as gives them comfort.

The woman in the op video is asking babies to give a form of consent at that age. They don't have the mental capacity to respond to such questions. Its like asking a dog to find a number in a phone book.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2018, 06:48:12 PM
Talking to a baby is good, its healthy and helps them learn as well as gives them comfort.

The woman in the op video is asking babies to give a form of consent at that age. They don't have the mental capacity to respond to such questions. Its like asking a dog to find a number in a phone book.
Actually, she's talking about ways to "build skills around body awareness and personal boundaries". Out of curiosity, how many seconds of Deanne Carson's interview did you actually watch before forming your opinion?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Munch

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 20, 2018, 07:35:44 PM
Actually, she's talking about ways to "build skills around body awareness and personal boundaries". Out of curiosity, how many seconds of Deanne Carson's interview did you actually watch before forming your opinion?

enough to want to peal off my skin and roll around in salt. And what horseshit, "build skills around body awareness and personal boundaries", have you ever even spent time with a child? I've been around my nephews often since they were babies, children develop there own feelings from normal interactions with their family, and this bullshit of 'teaching personal boundaries' sounds like someone whos never even looked after children would think up.
And 'Body awareness', there as never been a time in any growing childs like they don't stop figuring things out and asking questions, at which stage to teach them in a way they can understand.

This shit reminds me of rugrats, such a brilliant cartoon, but in it there was a recurring joke of Tomies mother Didi quoting lipschitz, who turned out to be clueless about children and just wrote stuff academically instead of spending time with children, showing himself up as a fraud. 

Shiranu

*sigh*

Okay, so I'll watch through as much of the video as I can bear, but I do have to bring up one thing before I get to it...

To clarify why his remark is so sketch... if a gay guy does something that annoys me, I don't feel the need to clarify that, "I love the gays, but this gay did something that makes me question if you gays deserve to be taken seriously.". Replace gay with male, female, black, white, tall, short, whatever...

That shit just doesn't cross my mind. There is absolutely zero reason it should cross your mind, particularly if you are talking about an individual's actions that doesn't even have to do with their identity, to make sure everyone knows you aren't sexist unless you think the shit you are about to say is quite possibly a tadbit sexist, or racist, or homophobic, or whatever.

Shiranu

Okay, yeah, 4 minutes in and I am good.

He may or may not be sexist, but he certainly a hateful and toxic individual who talks alot about something he apparently knows little about. I mean, he literally plays the clips before talking about them and still gets what is being said wrong... and you want me to take him seriously?

You honestly don't see the irony in you constantly preaching about how everyone who disagrees with you are all just a bunch of ideologues who just blindly follow what their side tell them to, and then nod your head with this fellow and all the other drivel pr feeds you?

I want to say that is just the kettle calling the pot black, but that seems like too much of an understatement to really convey just how hypocritical you consistently are on "left vs right" issues, and then you want to say you are in the centre.

Come on.

Hateful is not "the centre". It is just hateful.