News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Volcanoes and climate ...

Started by Baruch, May 18, 2018, 06:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUz5Vjq9-s - in two parts

The Big Island and Yellowstone are restless ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

When this happens again, all the urban population goes bye bye.  50% of the world population, 75% of the US population.  Remember, with JIT inventory, there is only 3 days of food out there, unless you live on a farm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hell, there's more than 3 days worth of food sitting around me here at the library...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

I remember a barber back in 1970 you was convinced there was only 3 days of food in the US.  So I asked him why he was cutting hair instead on gathering food.  He said the pay was better...

LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 05:07:47 PM
I remember a barber back in 1970 you was convinced there was only 3 days of food in the US.  So I asked him why he was cutting hair instead on gathering food.  He said the pay was better...

LOL!

Anachronism ... that didn't happen until the 1990s, the US adapted it from Japan Inc.  There are no warehouses of food, other than Sams Club.  This is because it is so efficient now (until the price of gas goes up) to ship food from coast to coast.  Food used to be a local commodity, and so was kept close to the place it was consumed, but refrigerated or otherwise preserved until sent out to retail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 20, 2018, 01:04:36 AM
Anachronism ... that didn't happen until the 1990s, the US adapted it from Japan Inc.  There are no warehouses of food, other than Sams Club.  This is because it is so efficient now (until the price of gas goes up) to ship food from coast to coast.  Food used to be a local commodity, and so was kept close to the place it was consumed, but refrigerated or otherwise preserved until sent out to retail.

The barber I mentioned was in the 70's.  The threat is probably still real to him.  We aren't 3 days from famine, just 4. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 01:09:56 PM
The barber I mentioned was in the 70's.  The threat is probably still real to him.  We aren't 3 days from famine, just 4.

I hear bears are good eatin'.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2018, 02:28:30 PM
I hear bears are good eatin'.

But awkward to catch.   (Ursus spelaeus and all that)