Author Topic: Volcanoes and climate ...  (Read 284 times)

Offline Baruch

Volcanoes and climate ...
« on: May 18, 2018, 06:54:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - in two parts

The Big Island and Yellowstone are restless ...
שלום

Offline Baruch

Re: Volcanoes and climate ...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »
When this happens again, all the urban population goes bye bye.  50% of the world population, 75% of the US population.  Remember, with JIT inventory, there is only 3 days of food out there, unless you live on a farm.
שלום

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »
Hell, there's more than 3 days worth of food sitting around me here at the library...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Which do I prefer? Sex or chess? It depends on the position."
Boris Spassky

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
I remember a barber back in 1970 you was convinced there was only 3 days of food in the US.  So I asked him why he was cutting hair instead on gathering food.  He said the pay was better...

LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I remember a barber back in 1970 you was convinced there was only 3 days of food in the US.  So I asked him why he was cutting hair instead on gathering food.  He said the pay was better...

LOL!

Anachronism ... that didn't happen until the 1990s, the US adapted it from Japan Inc.  There are no warehouses of food, other than Sams Club.  This is because it is so efficient now (until the price of gas goes up) to ship food from coast to coast.  Food used to be a local commodity, and so was kept close to the place it was consumed, but refrigerated or otherwise preserved until sent out to retail.
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk