News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Voting VS Spending

Started by Xerographica, May 13, 2018, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on June 02, 2018, 07:33:57 AM
Better at what?   General Relativity or building up the german economy?

The German economy was built up, but not a peace economy, but a war economy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Xerographica

Quote from: Jason78 on June 02, 2018, 07:31:38 AM
I believe what you're proposing will be a kleptocracy.   Interests would be dictated by the whims of the rich.

What I'm proposing is that we, the members of this forum, conduct an experiment to see how differently prominent atheists are ranked by voting and donating.  Do you oppose this experiment?  If so, then why?

Jason78

What exactly would peoples money be buying here?   Why would anyone spend any money on this?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Xero - in the political compass thread, I added an idea where we could test your idea, but we use fake money (1-10) or (1-100) to buy a result, and also do the one person, one vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Xerographica

Quote from: Jason78 on June 03, 2018, 04:00:10 AM
What exactly would peoples money be buying here?   Why would anyone spend any money on this?
Participating in the donating poll would be a perk of donating to this forum.

Cavebear

Quote from: Xerographica on June 01, 2018, 08:43:20 PM
Do we need an independent criteria to judge whether poison oak is better than artichokes?  What about whether Einstein was better than Hitler?

Those are not subjects voted on or determined by money in campaigns.  If you must make an analogy, try to make a sensible one.  Though I suspect if Trump supported poison ivy after Fox and Friends talked it up as "good", Republicans in the House and Senate would proclaim Poison Ivy our National Plant.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 05, 2018, 03:57:56 AM
Those are not subjects voted on or determined by money in campaigns.  If you must make an analogy, try to make a sensible one.  Though I suspect if Trump supported poison ivy after Fox and Friends talked it up as "good", Republicans in the House and Senate would proclaim Poison Ivy our National Plant.

The Republicans have no internal opposition.  The RNC doesn't exist.  This string isn't about politics, it is about electoral experimentation on less weighty matters, like beer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.