Author Topic: Voting VS Spending  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Voting VS Spending
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2018, 07:36:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Better at what?   General Relativity or building up the german economy?

The German economy was built up, but not a peace economy, but a war economy.
שלום

« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2018, 03:58:48 PM »
I believe what you're proposing will be a kleptocracy.   Interests would be dictated by the whims of the rich.

What I'm proposing is that we, the members of this forum, conduct an experiment to see how differently prominent atheists are ranked by voting and donating.  Do you oppose this experiment?  If so, then why?

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2018, 04:00:10 AM »
What exactly would peoples money be buying here?   Why would anyone spend any money on this?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Offline Baruch

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2018, 08:32:26 AM »
Xero - in the political compass thread, I added an idea where we could test your idea, but we use fake money (1-10) or (1-100) to buy a result, and also do the one person, one vote.
שלום

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »
What exactly would peoples money be buying here?   Why would anyone spend any money on this?
Participating in the donating poll would be a perk of donating to this forum.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2018, 03:57:56 AM »
Do we need an independent criteria to judge whether poison oak is better than artichokes?  What about whether Einstein was better than Hitler?

Those are not subjects voted on or determined by money in campaigns.  If you must make an analogy, try to make a sensible one.  Though I suspect if Trump supported poison ivy after Fox and Friends talked it up as "good", Republicans in the House and Senate would proclaim Poison Ivy our National Plant.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2018, 07:11:30 AM »
Those are not subjects voted on or determined by money in campaigns.  If you must make an analogy, try to make a sensible one.  Though I suspect if Trump supported poison ivy after Fox and Friends talked it up as "good", Republicans in the House and Senate would proclaim Poison Ivy our National Plant.

The Republicans have no internal opposition.  The RNC doesn't exist.  This string isn't about politics, it is about electoral experimentation on less weighty matters, like beer.
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk