Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hate speech in Britain ...

Started by Baruch, May 11, 2018, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The Queen gets to open Parliament ... in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k0iWV3TXQw

Of course the Parliament can ignore her ... too bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quoteyou say that like people in the uk are slaves to monarchy. But we're not, sorry to disappoint you. You seem more bothered by the idea of royalty then I am about it, and its funny since I live in a country with a royal family. Also your pretty much governed by your own set of rule makers out of your control, the supreme court, who has people who can remain in it as long as they like.

Of course I didn't vote for any of the shmucks, and like I said USA government is corrupted now. But the people can always tear that bridge down in time. I'm little bit bothered that the descendants of the people who ruled over my ancestors are still in power yes but mostly am baffled why are they still in power and why countries like Australia, Canada, and other countries rules by the British empire at one time are still loyal to the crown and how Britain still has royal people in power at this time in history.

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2018, 06:12:30 PM
its funny when your sat at a computer on this forum, yet you can't look up the actual role the queen has.
We're not ruled by monarchy here, or theocracy, we're ruled by a secular system of government.

https://www.royal.uk/queen-and-government

Ah but your goverment can easily be converted back to a monarch. Prove me wrong.

Draconic Aiur

So I say slavery even tho both USA and Britain are very much ruled by the higher rich elite.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Jason78 on May 13, 2018, 03:45:44 PM
Have you ever even been anywhere near the UK? 

Our police officers don't need to routinely carry guns and your chances of being shot at school or a traffic stop are practically nil.

And if you do get shot, our NHS will heal you for free.   Even if you aren't a citizen.

How's the Trump replacement for Obamacare working out for you?

Make your payments every month, and even then you've got no guarantee of getting the treatment you need. 

This has literally nothing to do with the assertion I made. Reading comp at a stronk 0.

Shiranu

QuoteAh but your goverment can easily be converted back to a monarch. Prove me wrong.

And the United States could become a Theocratic Catholic Dictatorship overnight. Prove me wrong.

Just because something can happen doesn't mean it is remotely like to.

The royal family are not running the UK by a longshot. There is no risk of them doing so any time soon. As it stands, all they serve to do is bring in millions upon millions of dollars into the English economy through tourism, international PR work and through things like the Crown Estate, which pulls in roughly $211 million a year in income for the House of Commons.

The Royal Family is both a cultural treasure and an economic gain for the UK. Hate that as you may, it is what it is.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 13, 2018, 10:45:46 PM
YES

>highest standard of living in the world
>highest levels of freedom in the world
>highest education quality in the world
>etc. etc. etc.

"Ew fuck it, brown people moved in! It's all been ruined!"
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 13, 2018, 10:48:21 PM
>etc. etc. etc.

Hatred of Europeans is traditional in the US, very Wasp.  Mostly hatred by former Europeans.  When we were still over there in Europe, we hated it then too, particularly if you were Irish.  In particular ... Spanish-American war against Spain, WW I, WW II and Cold War (Russian section).

Absolute monarchy by Louis XIV and Charles I ... did suck.  Already kingdoms were too big for one person to micromanage.  And biological inheritance constantly disappoints ;-(  But in the early modern period (not Medieval period) the nobility were the only ones who were educated.  Before 1950 it was like ... a peak of 5% of the population went to college.  Most people were illiterate 500 years ago, it took a long time to even get to 50% literacy.  The idea of peasant revolts (which is what happened to Leftists before the French Revolution) never got very far beyond Shakespeare quoting the English one as "first let's kill all the lawyers".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on May 13, 2018, 10:48:21 PM
>etc. etc. etc.

">highest standard of living in the world"

Subjective. Some people don't like being raped and murdered and banned from owning kitchen knives.

">highest levels of freedom in the world"

Blatantly wrong. The more legislation in place preventing you from doing things without being labeled a criminal by the state, the more non-free it is.

">highest education quality in the world"

What does this mean?

Shiranu

QuoteSubjective. Some people don't like being raped and murdered and banned from owning kitchen knives.

Sounds like you would love Europe then, with 8 of the top 10 least violent countries being located on the continent. In terms of murder, of the top 50 most violent cities in the world, the United States has 5 (behind only Mexico and Brasil) while Europe as an entire continent has zero. Since we are talking about the United Kingdom in this thread, we can compare the United States 3.9 homicides per 100k to the UK's 0.9 per 100k.

QuoteBlatantly wrong. The more legislation in place preventing you from doing things without being labeled a criminal by the state, the more non-free it is.

According to the  Vasquez & Porcnik , "Human Freedom Index", from the Frasier, Cato, IEA and several other institutions, of the 40 most free nations, 32 are in Europe in the world in terms of, " Rule of Law,  Security and Safety, Movement, Religion,  Association, Assembly, and Civil Society, Expression and Information,  Identity and Relationships, Size of Government, Legal System and Property Rights, Access to Sound Money, Freedom to Trade Internationally, and Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business."

The United States is ranked 8 places bellow the United Kingdom, where I am happy to inform you that you don't require a license or anything crazy to own a kitchen knife.

QuoteWhat does this mean?

If you have to ask, you probably weren't educated in Europe.

I'm going to let you in a shocking little secret I have learned from interacting with Europeans on nearly a daily basis; if you land in London tomorrow, you are not going to be instantly jumped with a knife... nor if you go to Stockholm will you be gang raped or converted to Islam with a sword to your throat.

Those scary articles that tabloids post, about "no-go zones" and roving bands of Muslims converting people with swords to their throats or whatever? They are just that... tabloid articles.

Baruch

Quoting Soros or EU connected sources, does not Snopes make.  This is a potato vs potahto argument.  Pessimists vs optimists.

If you love Europe.  Great ... live there if you already do so, or move there if you don't.  Don't think Gilgamesh would even visit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 13, 2018, 11:10:23 PM
Blatantly wrong. The more legislation in place preventing you from doing things without being labeled a criminal by the state, the more non-free it is.

Then why not live in an anarchy?   Total freedom!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on May 14, 2018, 01:13:38 PM
Then why not live in an anarchy?   Total freedom!

All the sexy criminals say that ... but the cops are also anarchic ... if you are paying attention, as are the judges and politicians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2018, 06:26:47 PM
yeah its quite horrible here. A secular country, with a free health care service, benefits and multiple tescos within a stones throw from just about anywhere to are on this hellish island. Oh and the weather here, its just terrible! 25 degrees in summer to 0 degrees in winter average, I dunno how anyone could survive here! D:

The horror D:

Its a hard life, but SOMEONE has to struggle though it!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 07:55:22 AM
Its a hard life, but SOMEONE has to struggle though it!

Indeed I shall, I go forth, to butter my rolls and spread them with marmite, for the good of all!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin