Hate speech in Britain ...

Started by Baruch, May 11, 2018, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

From hate speech to yumminess. 

That's my kind of turn around.

Munch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 13, 2018, 12:45:38 AM
Since we are on thee Subject. Why in the hell are people still bowing down to royalty there? I mean Australia and Canada seem to do so as well. Tradition is a weak excuse because all have a government away from "royalty" that has plagued the Island since Kings and Queen government began. I mean its great in fantasy but never in truly advanced society can you have a sole power that controls everything. It seems like the "royalty" is being held like celebrities in America.

Because, better to have someone like old betsy standing as a representative for the country and its ambassador, then having someone like trump get voted in as its prime ruler. Laws are passed only when she approves them, though she doesn't have anything to do with the day to day maintenance of said laws and affairs.
The system must be perfectly fine as it is, since our country hasn't collapsed into the sea.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

We don't have a monarchy, but we treat our president and his family like one.  There is the same kind of celebrity status ranging from respect to scorn.  They live in a big house and are conferred great wealth for the rest of their lives.  The president does do some work, but mostly he's sort of a puppet, and he gets to be an asshole.  It's even expected.  I know the Queen has a schedule and all, and I'm sure she is busy a lot of the time.  I have no ill will toward the Royal Family, but I've got to admit supporting a mostly powerless Monarchy seems oddly redundant if not downright unnecessary when you have a parliament that takes care of the business of state.  And the Monarchy is only that by birthright.  If you want to have an idle upper class that sucks up money like a vacuum, why entrust the selection to a single bloodline?  It seems strange, but in a cute sort of way.  And when it comes right down to it, there are more extravagant and unhelpful ways a country can spend the taxes.

Baruch

Tanistry ... is the way of selecting a monarch, from related cousins.  That is the dispute between Kings Duncan, MacBeth and Malcolm in old Scotland.  Unfortunately it breeds civil war.  I suspect MacBeth really killed Duncan over a blood feud.  And Malcolm was assisted by an Anglo-Saxon army (foreigners) as a quisling, shortly before the Norman invasion.

The opposite, primogeniture ... if you have a harem, breeds murder, as in the Ottoman Empire.  To become sultan you have to kill all your siblings (as it was in King David's court).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Jason78 on May 13, 2018, 01:06:05 AM
You forgot to mention how terrible it is not dodging bullets every day when you go to pick up the kids from school.

UK crime, and especially violent crimes and murders, are increasing dramatically.

People wanting to murder other people is the problem; not guns. If you have a fucky culture then you will have murders, regardless of guns.

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2018, 06:26:47 PM
yeah its quite horrible here. A secular country, with a free health care service, benefits and multiple tescos within a stones throw from just about anywhere to are on this hellish island. Oh and the weather here, its just terrible! 25 degrees in summer to 0 degrees in winter average, I dunno how anyone could survive here! D:

The horror D:

Yeah? Hows that tv license working out for you?

Shithole police state with evil sick fuck politicians who are pumping in mudslimes like crazy, who are in turn murdering your men and raping your women. But hey all good we'll just stop recording the ethnicity of rape perpetrators. Your police are instructed to go easy on these fucks but if you criticise islam online you get thrown in a cell. What a shithole. It needs to burn.

Munch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 13, 2018, 01:34:39 PM

Don't watch tv, just need an ISP.

Shithole police state with evil sick fuck politicians who are pumping in mudslimes like crazy, who are in turn murdering your men and raping your women. But hey all good we'll just stop recording the ethnicity of rape perpetrators. Your police are instructed to go easy on these fucks but if you criticise islam online you get thrown in a cell. What a shithole. It needs to burn.

Suppose the rest of Europe needs to burn too then?

Anywhere you go in the world will have bullshit to deal with, you just make the best of what you have in it, and I'm pretty content where I am in the world

Baruch

The US is a giant Southern plantation/Northern factory run by evil owners ... so how is that freedom working for us?  Either "get back in the field and pick more cotton", or "if you fall into the hot steel furnace we will dock your pay for ruining the carbon percentage of that batch of steel".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 13, 2018, 01:34:39 PM
UK crime, and especially violent crimes and murders, are increasing dramatically.

People wanting to murder other people is the problem; not guns. If you have a fucky culture then you will have murders, regardless of guns.

Have you ever even been anywhere near the UK? 

Our police officers don't need to routinely carry guns and your chances of being shot at school or a traffic stop are practically nil.

And if you do get shot, our NHS will heal you for free.   Even if you aren't a citizen.

How's the Trump replacement for Obamacare working out for you?

Make your payments every month, and even then you've got no guarantee of getting the treatment you need. 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Shit gilg, you got me 100% agreeing with Munch on a political/cultural thread.

That is both impressive and concerning.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 13, 2018, 04:10:16 AM
I wanted to give you a like.
But then i saw te marmite. Ugh :p

give in... Giiiiive Iiiiiiin!

actually you know marmite might be one of those psychological things when by introduced at an early age makes one resistant to it. I can eat it fine, I gave it to my friend from denmark and he gagged on it.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2018, 05:29:52 AM
Because, better to have someone like old betsy standing as a representative for the country and its ambassador, then having someone like trump get voted in as its prime ruler. Laws are passed only when she approves them, though she doesn't have anything to do with the day to day maintenance of said laws and affairs.
The system must be perfectly fine as it is, since our country hasn't collapsed into the sea.

And if you get a heir who is like King John the buffoon? Or how about such kings like Edward the II? America might pump out a tard like Trump, but even he cant be president for more than 8 years (I hope not thee whole 8 years). There is a reason also why wee have checks and balances. Even if we now have corruption in America time will decay that corruption because the people own the country, however in a government such as yours the monarch can claim the right to rule at anytime and demand loyalties of several big countries like Australia and Canada. I just dont understand why such devotion to an old regime of people that can say your rights are in the tip of my fingers.

Its slave or servant worship, thats what it is. It's like the motto of America: freedom but backwards.

Jason78

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 13, 2018, 05:17:10 PM
And if you get a heir who is like King John the buffoon? Or how about such kings like Edward the II?

Well then it's lucky that they don't hold any position of any real power then isn't it?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Jason78 on May 13, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
Well then it's lucky that they don't hold any position of any real power then isn't it?

Well what if they were thee only heir?

Munch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 13, 2018, 05:17:10 PM
And if you get a heir who is like King John the buffoon? Or how about such kings like Edward the II? America might pump out a tard like Trump, but even he cant be president for more than 8 years (I hope not thee whole 8 years). There is a reason also why wee have checks and balances. Even if we now have corruption in America time will decay that corruption because the people own the country, however in a government such as yours the monarch can claim the right to rule at anytime and demand loyalties of several big countries like Australia and Canada. I just dont understand why such devotion to an old regime of people that can say your rights are in the tip of my fingers.

Its slave or servant worship, thats what it is. It's like the motto of America: freedom but backwards.

you say that like people in the uk are slaves to monarchy. But we're not, sorry to disappoint you. You seem more bothered by the idea of royalty then I am about it, and its funny since I live in a country with a royal family. Also your pretty much governed by your own set of rule makers out of your control, the supreme court, who has people who can remain in it as long as they like.

Munch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 13, 2018, 06:01:16 PM
Well what if they were thee only heir?

its funny when your sat at a computer on this forum, yet you can't look up the actual role the queen has.
We're not ruled by monarchy here, or theocracy, we're ruled by a secular system of government.

https://www.royal.uk/queen-and-government
QuoteThe Queen's role in Government
As Head of State The Queen has to remain strictly neutral with respect to political matters, unable to vote or stand for election, however Her Majesty does have important ceremonial and formal roles in relation to the government of the UK.

The formal phrase 'Queen in Parliament' is used to describe the British legislature, which consists of the Sovereign, the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The Queen's duties include opening each new session of Parliament, granting Royal Assent to legislation, and approving Orders and Proclamations through the Privy Council.

The Queen also has a special relationship with the Prime Minister, retaining the right to appoint and also meeting with him or her on a regular basis.

In addition to playing a specific role in the UK Parliament based in London, The Queen has formal roles with relation to the devolved assemblies of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.