Author Topic: Do we owe Muslims another apology?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 07:37:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have done our share of evil for sure, but we have also been the source of progress.

Regards
DL

Per Guns, Germs and Steel, it had nothing to do with people per se, just lucky geography.  The equator for example, sucked then and still does.  Using geography as the source of success, is even more neutral than other ideas of history which imagine that individuals don't matter.
שלום

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
Self hating people (in this case in the West) are a cancer.  They hate themselves and their neighbors, but they won't just quietly suicide or mass kill, like Marx they want to execute society as a whole.

I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »
I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

The theistic "I'll get to heaven because I spooned soup to the poor" are in for a big surprise when they don't wake up in Heaven.  Because they won't 'wake up" anywhere ever.  They will be as dead as that poor spider they stomped in disgust the day before they died.  And they assumed THAT was dead, right?

You think The Church (of your choice) has meaningfully reduced poverty and sufferring anywhwere  Well, after all this time and effort on your part, why do they still exist?  Because you DEPEND on their existence.  Without the poor and downtrodden, you don't have a purpose!  You are NOTHING without them to succor.  And beg money for (to support yourselves). 

Have fun with THAT!

Dead is dead.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Jason Harvestdancer

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 11:32:36 PM »
Watch my fanfilm

Film the sequel

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2018, 04:27:42 AM »

I assume you meant to make a point about tolerance for sarcastic humor?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:21:17 AM by Cavebear »

Offline Baruch

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2018, 06:19:48 AM »
Materialists can't die, because they never lived ;-)  They basically deny biology and psychology in their reductionism.  Of course philosophers are worse, they reduce everything to vaporous ideas ;-)
שלום

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »
The theistic "I'll get to heaven because I spooned soup to the poor" are in for a big surprise when they don't wake up in Heaven.  Because they won't 'wake up" anywhere ever.  They will be as dead as that poor spider they stomped in disgust the day before they died.  And they assumed THAT was dead, right?

You think The Church (of your choice) has meaningfully reduced poverty and sufferring anywhwere  Well, after all this time and effort on your part, why do they still exist?  Because you DEPEND on their existence.  Without the poor and downtrodden, you don't have a purpose!  You are NOTHING without them to succor.  And beg money for (to support yourselves). 

Have fun with THAT!

Dead is dead.

Perhaps, and likely so, but you will not know for sure till you die.

Yours is more of a faith based claim.

Regards
DL

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »
Perhaps, and likely so, but you will not know for sure till you die.

Yours is more of a faith based claim.

Regards
DL

I always love that argument!  You mystics go from a faith-based argument to a claim that all think the same way.  And very Trumpian, BTW.  Charge those you dislike with your own flaws.

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:50 PM »
I always love that argument!  You mystics go from a faith-based argument to a claim that all think the same way.  And very Trumpian, BTW.  Charge those you dislike with your own flaws.

Don't be such a whiner buddy and just admit that what I sais was true.

If not a faith based claim, then show the evidence and proof that proves you are correct.

Any peer reviewed report will do.

Regards
DL

Online Munch

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »
what are you two even arguing over?

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
what are you two even arguing over?

His faith based statement of what happens after death.

He seems to know for sure what goes on while all I can say is I don't know. If I cannot then neither can anyone else as far as I can see.

Regards
DL

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »
His faith based statement of what happens after death.

He seems to know for sure what goes on while all I can say is I don't know. If I cannot then neither can anyone else as far as I can see.

Regards
DL

I make no claim to know what happens after death, mostly just an observation that there is no evidence of what theists claim happens. 

Offline Baruch

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2018, 06:00:27 PM »
You are both wrong ... we are dead right now ... this is the Afterlife.  Certainly explains voting patterns of the zombies.
שלום

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk