News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Started by Greatest I am, May 07, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 19, 2018, 07:31:00 AM
We have done our share of evil for sure, but we have also been the source of progress.

Regards
DL

Per Guns, Germs and Steel, it had nothing to do with people per se, just lucky geography.  The equator for example, sucked then and still does.  Using geography as the source of success, is even more neutral than other ideas of history which imagine that individuals don't matter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 19, 2018, 07:34:50 AM
Self hating people (in this case in the West) are a cancer.  They hate themselves and their neighbors, but they won't just quietly suicide or mass kill, like Marx they want to execute society as a whole.

I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 19, 2018, 08:03:59 AM
I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

The theistic "I'll get to heaven because I spooned soup to the poor" are in for a big surprise when they don't wake up in Heaven.  Because they won't 'wake up" anywhere ever.  They will be as dead as that poor spider they stomped in disgust the day before they died.  And they assumed THAT was dead, right?

You think The Church (of your choice) has meaningfully reduced poverty and sufferring anywhwere  Well, after all this time and effort on your part, why do they still exist?  Because you DEPEND on their existence.  Without the poor and downtrodden, you don't have a purpose!  You are NOTHING without them to succor.  And beg money for (to support yourselves). 

Have fun with THAT!

Dead is dead.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 21, 2018, 11:32:36 PM

I assume you meant to make a point about tolerance for sarcastic humor?

Baruch

Materialists can't die, because they never lived ;-)  They basically deny biology and psychology in their reductionism.  Of course philosophers are worse, they reduce everything to vaporous ideas ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 08:59:34 AM
The theistic "I'll get to heaven because I spooned soup to the poor" are in for a big surprise when they don't wake up in Heaven.  Because they won't 'wake up" anywhere ever.  They will be as dead as that poor spider they stomped in disgust the day before they died.  And they assumed THAT was dead, right?

You think The Church (of your choice) has meaningfully reduced poverty and sufferring anywhwere  Well, after all this time and effort on your part, why do they still exist?  Because you DEPEND on their existence.  Without the poor and downtrodden, you don't have a purpose!  You are NOTHING without them to succor.  And beg money for (to support yourselves). 

Have fun with THAT!

Dead is dead.

Perhaps, and likely so, but you will not know for sure till you die.

Yours is more of a faith based claim.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on June 11, 2018, 02:39:28 PM
Perhaps, and likely so, but you will not know for sure till you die.

Yours is more of a faith based claim.

Regards
DL

I always love that argument!  You mystics go from a faith-based argument to a claim that all think the same way.  And very Trumpian, BTW.  Charge those you dislike with your own flaws.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2018, 02:45:14 PM
I always love that argument!  You mystics go from a faith-based argument to a claim that all think the same way.  And very Trumpian, BTW.  Charge those you dislike with your own flaws.

Don't be such a whiner buddy and just admit that what I sais was true.

If not a faith based claim, then show the evidence and proof that proves you are correct.

Any peer reviewed report will do.

Regards
DL

Munch

what are you two even arguing over?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Greatest I am

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 03:50:29 PM
what are you two even arguing over?

His faith based statement of what happens after death.

He seems to know for sure what goes on while all I can say is I don't know. If I cannot then neither can anyone else as far as I can see.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on June 11, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
His faith based statement of what happens after death.

He seems to know for sure what goes on while all I can say is I don't know. If I cannot then neither can anyone else as far as I can see.

Regards
DL

I make no claim to know what happens after death, mostly just an observation that there is no evidence of what theists claim happens. 

Baruch

You are both wrong ... we are dead right now ... this is the Afterlife.  Certainly explains voting patterns of the zombies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.