News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Started by Greatest I am, May 07, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 10, 2018, 02:00:56 PM
Is there such a thing as an unrevealed religion?

The ecoli bacteria ... they live in your gut ... it is best that only the proctologist or gastroenterologist sees their religion ;-)

Actually per Mahayana Buddhism, truth is beyond any thought or language or attitude or emotion ... truth is transcendent.  It can never be revealed, but it can be experienced.  So per GIA ... he may have experienced it.  But he can never communicate it.  Pretty much Cassandra strikes again.  If you have to unlearn anything learned (aka bias) since you were conceived (What was the face of your parents before they were born?) ... you pretty much can't get there from here.  Nihilism of epistemology ... knowing is not knowing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 10, 2018, 02:00:56 PM
Is there such a thing as an unrevealed religion?

Certainly. None of the knowledge and wisdom seeking religions have supernatural Gods.

Knowledge and wisdom might be seen as self revealing as we discover new things as we evolve.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

We may soon owe them an apology, after the coming war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_UUataZJWE

As McCain sang, "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPRnTU6fO-g
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Greatest I am

An Israeli war is likely overdue.

Too many chiefs in the M. E. and not enough warriors.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

Yeah, I'm sure the Christians believe Armageddon is coming soon, to a theater of war "over there."
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 11, 2018, 05:21:59 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Christians believe Armageddon is coming soon, to a theater of war "over there."

No, they expect a civil war in the West, and liberals being invited to a weenie roast ;-(

Auto-da-fe superseded by auto-da-hot-dog.

Israel under Bibi?  Not a good thing.  Iran getting too big for their britches ... definitely not good (see Cyrus, King of Kings).  Neo-cons promise this and that regime change ... and it doesn't always go that way.  We have been trying to overthrow Iran since 1979 ... hasn't worked yet for the coyote geniuses at Langley.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 11, 2018, 05:16:19 PM
An Israeli war is likely overdue.

Too many chiefs in the M. E. and not enough warriors.

Regards
DL

Old men send young men to war.  Ageist for sure.  I would send the rich old men.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 11, 2018, 08:09:41 PM
Old men send young men to war.  Ageist for sure.  I would send the rich old men.

That would be nice if we could make it so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

War may be inevitable, given that young men love it and old men love seeing it in them.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Ares, Mars, Nietzsche ...

Avigdor Lieberman is Israeli Defense Minister.  He heads a secular party of former Soviet Jews who came to Israel after the collapse of the Soviet Union.  He may crave the destruction of of Putin ... and will show no mercy on Persians or Syrians.  So are secular people always pacifist?  Didn't think so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 11, 2018, 08:32:46 PM
That would be nice if we could make it so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

War may be inevitable, given that young men love it and old men love seeing it in them.

Regards
DL

I did not love war as a young man.  Seeking ways to get killed early was not exactly my idea of how to use up my life.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

In the movie Anzio, 1968 film, stars Robert Mitchum (as a war correspondent) and Peter Falk as a Ranger.  Peter Falk's character says he loves war, his lifestyle makes him live more than anyone else.  I think at the end Mitchum's character paraphrases Lee ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNjp8B93nw4

Gen Lee more famously said at the Battle of Fredericksburg ... "It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2sSzoPKPE

I am at peace, because I choose peace.  Even if we are on the brink of WW III.

The US healed its bitter divisions by focusing its aggression against Native Americans and Spain.  Though some veterans of course, were never reconciled.  Many Confederates fled overseas to Latin America or Egypt (as military instructors).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Some people are still not reconciled. They think the South's gonna rise again. Maybe they believe that's the way to make America great again?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 12, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Some people are still not reconciled. They think the South's gonna rise again. Maybe they believe that's the way to make America great again?

And there are Damn Yankees who want to march thru Georgia every decade or so.  Self righteousness doesn't respect party.  I am reconciled ... but if you pay attention to real people, rather than ideals, it is clear that many people are still problematic.  To be reconciled, I had to avoid ideology ... to appreciate the arguments on both sides, and see the whole conflict at tragedy (as history alway is).  Human beings are always in conflict, and history is always tragedy.  So I can't take idealistic POV seriously.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 11, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
Ares, Mars, Nietzsche ...

Avigdor Lieberman is Israeli Defense Minister.  He heads a secular party of former Soviet Jews who came to Israel after the collapse of the Soviet Union.  He may crave the destruction of of Putin ... and will show no mercy on Persians or Syrians.  So are secular people always pacifist?  Didn't think so.

So are secular people always pacifist?

Hell no. War is justifiable.

The West against Germany and the North against the slave owning South are two wars that were well worth the fight.

I do not turn the other cheek, the Western version and not the Jewish version that is, and do not think evil should be rewarded with good.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 12, 2018, 04:57:52 PM
So are secular people always pacifist?

Hell no. War is justifiable.

The West against Germany and the North against the slave owning South are two wars that were well worth the fight.

I do not turn the other cheek, the Western version and not the Jewish version that is, and do not think evil should be rewarded with good.

Regards
DL

See, we could be reconciled with Germany, after they were defeated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.