Started by Greatest I am, May 07, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Do we owe Muslims another apology?

This link says yes.
http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz-on-islamic-reform

This link says no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM

To those who think we should try to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJCC2XXMBo

I do not think it is to the non-Muslim world to apologise to Muslims for the criticism we do of their un-civilized ideology.

Should we stop judging and criticizing those institutions of religion that are leading us away from a more civilized state?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Have you tested the ideology of Islam? Is it good to you?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Is correcting and criticizing Islam the loving or the hateful thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards
DL

Baruch

Unfortunately PC rhetoric, and Muslim apologetics ... both consider criticism unacceptable.  No freedom of thought, not freedom of speech, unless it is the approved kind.  That pretty much sums up totalitarianism.  The PC and Muslim folks know their systems can't stand up to criticism, so they attempt to ban criticism.  One attempts this with ideology.  The other attempts this with theology.

No, the PC folks and the Muslims (and others) owe the world an apology for being douches.  The Israelis do the same (secularly).

So ... "we (collectively) have the right to do anything we want to, but you have no right to do anything you want to, including criticizing us".  This is a power equation, where the claimant has all the power, and you are powerless yourselves.  If a person did this, we would consider them criminally insane.

Is criticism loving?  Depends on how you do it.  And criticism might not be enough, how about jailing or destroying enemies?  If ideologues and theocrats can do it, so can we.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 07, 2018, 05:25:25 PM
Unfortunately PC rhetoric, and Muslim apologetics ... both consider criticism unacceptable.  No freedom of thought, not freedom of speech, unless it is the approved kind.  That pretty much sums up totalitarianism.  The PC and Muslim folks know their systems can't stand up to criticism, so they attempt to ban criticism.  One attempts this with ideology.  The other attempts this with theology.

No, the PC folks and the Muslims (and others) owe the world an apology for being douches.  The Israelis do the same (secularly).

So ... "we (collectively) have the right to do anything we want to, but you have no right to do anything you want to, including criticizing us".  This is a power equation, where the claimant has all the power, and you are powerless yourselves.  If a person did this, we would consider them criminally insane.

Is criticism loving?  Depends on how you do it.  And criticism might not be enough, how about jailing or destroying enemies?  If ideologues and theocrats can do it, so can we.

Indeed. Reciprocity is fair play.

I think if the alt left had put Muslim and Jihad or terrorist in the same sentence, Trump would never have gotten elected.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 05:34:46 PM
Indeed. Reciprocity is fair play.

I think if the alt left had put Muslim and Jihad or terrorist in the same sentence, Trump would never have gotten elected.

Regards
DL

The point of Marxism is to destroy the West, and the Left sees the Muslims as useful idiots (with weapons).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

QuoteThe point of Marxism is to destroy the West, and the Left sees the Muslims as useful idiots (with weapons).

Change the words "useful idiots" to "wrecking balls".

When the wrecking is done, the Marxist and the Muslims can fight each other.
I suspect there will be only one winner. It won't be the Marxist.

Old Indian proverb: "When you ride a tiger you can never dismount."

pr126

Think about this for a moment.

Quran 3:110
Yusuf Ali: Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah.

Quran 8:55
Shakir: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 08, 2018, 02:18:00 AM

Yusuf Ali: Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah.

Shakir: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

Group confidence.  That is something Europe has little of.  Say Sweden, who has no idea why anyone would want to be Swedish.  We aren't quite that gone in the US.  See, with futurism, you are always planning on putting your own society in the dust bin of history, doing your enemies work for them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

The idea is to deconstruct society, do away with the family, set all groups against each other, divide and rule.

Critical Theory, the Frankfurt School, The Fabian Society, Marxist idelogy, Common Purpose, globalism and Islam all working towards the same goal.

You will have Utopia. Even if it kills you.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 08, 2018, 04:28:25 AM
The idea is to deconstruct society, do away with the family, set all groups against each other, divide and rule.

Critical Theory, the Frankfurt School, The Fabian Society, Marxist idelogy, Common Purpose, globalism and Islam all working towards the same goal.

As long as gays can marry (I am fine with that) and as long as women jail all men (I am not fine with that) then genocide is OK, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 07, 2018, 05:47:42 PM
The point of Marxism is to destroy the West, and the Left sees the Muslims as useful idiots (with weapons).

In the evolution of political systems, you will find cooperastion is some instances and competition in others.

We seem to ignore that cooperation is a better road to survival of the fittest than competition.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: pr126 on May 08, 2018, 02:18:00 AM

Every God uses the carrot and stick and every bunch of believers are the special ones.

That is a given with idol worshipers of imaginary Gods.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: pr126 on May 08, 2018, 04:28:25 AM

Utopia = being bored to death.

Some sages and gurus are beginning to propose that in about 50 years, 50% of the population will choose suicide because of boredom.

We see the suicide rate in children today growing in more secluded areas due to boredom.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:25:13 AM

Some sages and gurus are beginning to propose that in about 50 years, 50% of the population will choose suicide because of boredom.

We see the suicide rate in children today growing in more secluded areas due to boredom.

Regards
DL

Basing an arguement on what "Some sages and gurus are beginning to propose" about mass suicides in the future has got to be one of the silliest weakest arguments I've ever seen...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:25:13 AM

Regards
DL

Nihilism infection.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 09, 2018, 12:57:02 PM
Nihilism infection.

I would say more realistic than nihilistic. Perhaps if you get it from a Guru's lips it will be clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZPF9tFRYYM

Regards
DL