Majority of U.S. Muslims Now Support Gay Marriage

Started by GSOgymrat, May 07, 2018, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

It makes sense to me that US Muslims, being such a small minority, could be sympathetic to LGBT people. Trump's "religious freedom" initiatives are clearly designed so conservative Christians can discriminate against people they don't like, which include LGBT people and Muslims. I will be surprised if there are any Muslims in Trump's new Faith and Opportunity Initiative office. Also, it's been years now since same-sex couples started marrying in the US and I think most people, including US Muslims, realize it didn't change anything for straight people.

pr126

Purely tactical.

If I say as a Muslim I approve of gay marriage (obvious taqiyya), then why should you object to polygamy or child marriage?

See how it works?

BTW, are those "approving"  speak for 1.6 billion Muslims? Do they speak for Islam?

Poison Tree

Quote from: pr126 on May 07, 2018, 11:33:53 PM
BTW, are those "approving"  speak for 1.6 billion Muslims? Do they speak for Islam?
Who all do you speak for?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

pr126

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 08, 2018, 01:42:45 AM
Who all do you speak for?
I am speaking for the gullible who can't get enough media propaganda.

This is how to make fantasy-based policies.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on May 08, 2018, 02:02:16 AM
I am speaking for the gullible who can't get enough media propaganda.

This is how to make fantasy-based policies.

*Wonders if he realises the way he worded that indicates that he is part of the gullible who believe in fantasy-based policies*
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Well, to be honest, I don't understand either gay or lesbian sex.  The first seems a bit "icky" and the 2nd seems like mere foreplay.  But that's the point; it isn't my desire or focus.  What turns you on isn't my concern.  I know what I like and it seems a bit functional (in general for species reproduction).  But there are already too many humans on the planet anyway.  LOL!  If what you enjoy doesn't make more of us, I'm not sure that is a bad thing.

Reach out, find your kind, and enjoy life.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 08, 2018, 02:18:54 AM
*Wonders if he realises the way he worded that indicates that he is part of the gullible who believe in fantasy-based policies*

He has never admitted to being a member of the Labor party ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.