News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are Christians and Muslims idolaters?

Started by Greatest I am, May 05, 2018, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Time for a straight-forward statement here, I suppose...  Have to clear the air occasionally.

All theisms are false and equally false.  Atheism is no more a "theism" than bald is a hair color.  I am an atheist.  I hope that settles things a bit...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 07, 2018, 08:32:05 PM
In America, we are still stupid ... so it is still KISS over here

I wish I did not have to agree.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:01:13 AM
I wish I did not have to agree.

Regards
DL

Oh my, agree with Baruch all you want.  That won't impress atheists any...

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 07, 2018, 09:55:53 PM
I seem 'quite attached' to my thinking?  You are suggesting that I am and you are not?????  :)))  Okay.  You  really seem attached to label all as idolizing a way of thinking.  Seems to me you are low crawling toward your idol of christ (you insist you are a christian of some sort so you must have a belief in some sort of christ) kis--ing its boots.  Idolize whatever it is you want to.  But you don't really know what I think, much less what I may or may not idolize (depending upon which definition you want to use).  Actually, I am attached to my way of thinking.  Why should I not be attached?  I have spent a lifetime trying to figure out what to think and how to act on that thinking.  But I have not reached perfection and am always ready to change my way of thinking if facts or data suggest I should do so.  And I'm always ready to change my mind and way of thinking. 

And any form of christianity cannot, almost by definition, seek to 'raise the bar' (whatever that means) toward anything other than trying to prove any christ is actual or factual.  How about a new label--the Christ of Ego.  You seem to have that in spades!

Do not try so hard to be a wise assed prick.

If you change your tune, then I will respond to you.

Regards
DL

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:04:00 AM
Do not try so hard to be a wise assed prick.

Regards
DL
:))))))  Have you said that lately, while looking in the mirror???? :)))))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:04:00 AM
If you change your tune, then I will respond to you.

Regards
DL

Oh!  You would stoop so low as to respond to little ole me??????  Wow!!  Whoopty fucking do!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gilgamesh

Some - probably most - atheists idolise people, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say some of them idolise atheism itself. Most people are stupid, - like really fucking stupid - atheists included.

Atheist boards specifically are filled to the bring with dogmatic anti-intellectuals who all fancy themselves skeptics because they realised religion is a sham. Just take a look at this thread. This isn't how intelligent people speak. This is how people speak when they're fucking retards with a huge egos based in the singular conviction that they are enlightened.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 09:43:52 AM
Some - probably most - atheists idolise people, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say some of them idolise atheism itself. Most people are stupid, - like really fucking stupid - atheists included.

Atheist boards specifically are filled to the bring with dogmatic anti-intellectuals who all fancy themselves skeptics because they realised religion is a sham. Just take a look at this thread. This isn't how intelligent people speak. This is how people speak when they're fucking retards with a huge egos based in the singular conviction that they are enlightened.

Um, you DO realize that "atheists" are "intellectual" by fact so aren't "anti-intellectual" and that theists are faith-based and so are not "intellectual"?

But I will agree with you that "This isn't how intelligent people speak".  Intelligent people don't support undemonstrated superstitious beliefs.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 10:00:51 AM
Um, you DO realize that "atheists" are "intellectual" by fact so aren't "anti-intellectual" and that theists are faith-based and so are not "intellectual"?

I genuinely laughed out loud holy fuck.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 10:08:16 AM
I genuinely laughed out loud holy fuck.

LOL is good sometimes.  But let's explore why you did.  Atheism is almost by definition an intellectual position while theism is defined by faith.  Now, if you would like to argue about THAT, feel free.  But do try to do more than snort your middle-school juice out your nose this time. 

IOW, actually provide an counter-argument if you can.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 10:13:26 AM
LOL is good sometimes.  But let's explore why you did.  Atheism is almost by definition an intellectual position while theism is defined by faith.  Now, if you would like to argue about THAT, feel free.  But do try to do more than snort your middle-school juice out your nose this time. 

IOW, actually provide an counter-argument if you can.

Atheists are not necessarily intelligent, and theists--while they have to go through mental gymnastics to justify their beliefs--can be intelligent. But yes, the atheist position is the intellectually honest position. In the pursuit of truth, falsifiability is very important. While it may seem like backwards thinking, scientists go to great lengths to prove themselves wrong. It's only when they've successfully accounted for enough alternative explanations that they can say that they've disproven the null hypothesis (the opposite statement of the hypothesis). If a claim cannot conceivably be proven wrong, then it is intellectually dishonest to claim that it is true. Gods are such claims that are unfalsifiable, and therefore dismissible.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 09, 2018, 10:56:00 AM
Atheists are not necessarily intelligent, and theists--while they have to go through mental gymnastics to justify their beliefs--can be intelligent. But yes, the atheist position is the intellectually honest position. In the pursuit of truth, falsifiability is very important. While it may seem like backwards thinking, scientists go to great lengths to prove themselves wrong. It's only when they've successfully accounted for enough alternative explanations that they can say that they've disproven the null hypothesis (the opposite statement of the hypothesis). If a claim cannot conceivably be proven wrong, then it is intellectually dishonest to claim that it is true. Gods are such claims that are unfalsifiable, and therefore dismissible.

Where is the "LIKE" button?  I would click on it for this post.  Hurray!

Found it.  It wasn't there briefly.

Baruch

Now you can't "like" it, I already did, it now has cooties ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Greatest I am

Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 09, 2018, 09:43:52 AM

That is what happens when, most if not all the time, people idolize their belief systems.

All become recalcitrant.

Regards
DL