News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are Christians and Muslims idolaters?

Started by Greatest I am, May 05, 2018, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:36:25 PM
Small minds say that. Please read what I have put above.

Regards
DL

I did. It's still nonsense. You're stretching definitions to try to make atheists equivalent to theists. That is neither honest nor persuasive.

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 01:10:15 PM
Hmm.

If your a Yank, you might be thankful that your thinking did not prevail when Paul Revere rode through yelling that the British were coming.

You might be speaking with a British accent. --- Mate.

Regards
DL

Actually, he didn't. Ironically, your lack of skepticism has led you to another false conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx15T7C0UaY
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Greatest I am

An even smaller mind than I thought.

Regards
DL

Blackleaf

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 03:50:15 PM
An even smaller mind than I thought.

Regards
DL

I have no doubt about my ability for critical thinking. Virtually everything you say calls yours into question, however.
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:26:23 PM
Dictionaries are now beginning to blend the terms with gnostic atheist and agnostic theists, etc., so I just KIS and call them all ideologies, including your belief system, whatever it might be.

You put your ideology as supreme and idolize it, which makes you and most people idolaters.

Regards
DL

You just what? KIS? I have no idea what that means.
Also, if you're going to disregard the meaning of words and fill them in as you see fit, you're welcome to call me whatever you want. However, I won't be sure what you mean.

Also, good thing you know me so well. I guess. For a second there I was afraid I might have to think for myself ;)

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

See this? This is a cat.

This is also a cat. They both have four legs, two eyes, two ears, one tail, so they're basically the same thing.

This is a hairless cat. It has all the same features as the other two, but calls itself a "lizard" because it thinks it's better than other cats. This is about as intelligent as arguments over semantics get.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:44:37 PM
It is not an object that people idolize. It is their thinking process and ideology that is put above all else.

For the bigger explanation, please read what I have put above so that I do not have to get too repetitious.

Regards
DL

Or idea fixe and confirmation bias?  I think the word gets in the way of what you are saying.

Blackleaf .. per Genesis, Adam named all the animals, but he hadn't tasted the apple yet, so he did it all wrong.  G-d was just messing with him ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:26:23 PM
Dictionaries are now beginning to blend the terms with gnostic atheist and agnostic theists, etc., so I just KIS and call them all ideologies, including your belief system, whatever it might be.

You put your ideology as supreme and idolize it, which makes you and most people idolaters.

Regards
DL

KIS = Keep It Simple?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:41:23 PM
Gnostic Christians, as perpetual seeking wishing to evolve their beliefs, tend not to fall into "my ain't I special" thinking.

We are never satisfied with our ideology and raise the bar of excellence whenever we thing we have the best. We are never satisfied.

Regards
DL

Secular people evolve too, only with materialism as a basis.  I am atoms.  I am no more than a rock or a chair (which formed spontaneously per QFT).  They think that better material science (and it is a good thing) is the only thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 07, 2018, 03:42:35 PM
No, it's just not.  And do not tell me how I view myself.  You're not inside my head to know.

My ideology, my philosophy, my outlook are the framework through which I process the world -- and all of which are subject to verification as best as possible against reality.  None of them are concrete-set and protected against change; change is required for growth.

Also, do you have any idea how smug and self-aggrandizing that is to claim 'it affects everyone's ideology but mine' in the post you referenced?  I have to ask, because I genuinely don't think you do.  I'm sorry, but you are not an objective point of reference.

A collection of monkeys isn't an objective point of reference either.  Monkeys writing a dictionary don't a language make.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 07, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
Also, if you're going to disregard the meaning of words and fill them in as you see fit, you're welcome to call me whatever you want. However, I won't be sure what you mean.

Also, good thing you know me so well. I guess. For a second there I was afraid I might have to think for myself ;)

KIS is Keep It Simple. It used to be Keep it simple stupid.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 07, 2018, 05:38:21 PM
Or idea fixe and confirmation bias?  I think the word gets in the way of what you are saying.

Blackleaf .. per Genesis, Adam named all the animals, but he hadn't tasted the apple yet, so he did it all wrong.  G-d was just messing with him ;-)

True. Many read in what they want to read and not what is written.

Eden is a good example where the Jews read an elevation for man while Christians read a fall for us.

Jews are a lot brighter than Christians, generally speaking. That might be why there is so much hate directed towards such a small % of the population.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 07, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
Secular people evolve too, only with materialism as a basis.  I am atoms.  I am no more than a rock or a chair (which formed spontaneously per QFT).  They think that better material science (and it is a good thing) is the only thing.

I hear you. We have forgotten to import the better of the ideological positions for people and shifted the focus to cash. That may be part of why the U.S. is turning from the American Dream to the American nightmare.

Regards
DL

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 07, 2018, 05:03:38 PM

I'd assume it is the Keep It Simple, system.  But in his case, I think it really is KISS--keep it simple stupid.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 07:09:05 PM
KIS is Keep It Simple. It used to be Keep it simple stupid.

Regards
DL

In America, we are still stupid ... so it is still KISS over here
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 12:29:57 PM
No can do, but you seem quite attached to your thinking system/ideology, to the point of idolizing it enough to push it here.

That applies to all ideologies I think except the Gnostic Christian ideology that always seeks to raise the bar of whatever we hold as an ideology at present.

Regards
DL
I seem 'quite attached' to my thinking?  You are suggesting that I am and you are not?????  :)))  Okay.  You  really seem attached to label all as idolizing a way of thinking.  Seems to me you are low crawling toward your idol of christ (you insist you are a christian of some sort so you must have a belief in some sort of christ) kis--ing its boots.  Idolize whatever it is you want to.  But you don't really know what I think, much less what I may or may not idolize (depending upon which definition you want to use).  Actually, I am attached to my way of thinking.  Why should I not be attached?  I have spent a lifetime trying to figure out what to think and how to act on that thinking.  But I have not reached perfection and am always ready to change my way of thinking if facts or data suggest I should do so.  And I'm always ready to change my mind and way of thinking. 

And any form of christianity cannot, almost by definition, seek to 'raise the bar' (whatever that means) toward anything other than trying to prove any christ is actual or factual.  How about a new label--the Christ of Ego.  You seem to have that in spades!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?