News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are Christians and Muslims idolaters?

Started by Greatest I am, May 05, 2018, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 10, 2018, 03:02:59 PM
I used "belief system" because Greatest I Am used the term. I'm sincerely trying to understand his point.

In terms of terms, this mind set might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZg1ZflpJs

Regards
DL

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 11, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
Call it what you will, but the term ideology applies.

Regards
DL
Of course--how silly of me.  I keep forgetting you are THE expert here.  Of course it applies.........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 11, 2018, 04:13:56 PM
Of course--how silly of me.  I keep forgetting you are THE expert here.  Of course it applies.........................

LOL!  GIA is not an expert in anything.   That would be Baruch, by his own acclamation about everything, except he isn't either.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 12, 2018, 04:57:33 AM
LOL!  GIA is not an expert in anything.   That would be Baruch, by his own acclamation about everything, except he isn't either.

So, the guy who does everything well is talking about others?  GIA is expert in his own experience, we all are.  People have individual differences at one level, and cultural differences at another.  Does that mean we are all wrong?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on May 12, 2018, 04:57:33 AM
LOL!  GIA is not an expert in anything.
People who abuse semantics end up making communication irrelevant.  GIA takes it a step further and uses semantics to create a psychotic kind of dream world.  I've only read perhaps 10% of his posts, but I've read all the responses to him.  His other threads, I've quit reading entirely.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 12, 2018, 07:12:29 AM
People who abuse semantics end up making communication irrelevant.  GIA takes it a step further and uses semantics to create a psychotic kind of dream world.  I've only read perhaps 10% of his posts, but I've read all the responses to him.  His other threads, I've quit reading entirely.

Well, he is focused on the interior.  You are focused on the exterior.  Both are part of life.  Deny either at your peril.

If you deny your dreams, they will become nightmares.

His paranormal experience broke him out of the very French materialist-Marxist POV.  It isn't called "dialectical materialism" for nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2018, 07:25:14 AM
Well, he is focused on the interior.
His "interior" must be psychosis.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 12, 2018, 08:09:25 AM
His "interior" must be psychosis.

All interiors are psychotic ... particularly when disconnected from the exteriors.  If you are all exterior (rhetorically speaking) and no interior, aren't you a Barbie doll?  Also are we sure we aren't just anti-French?  Or not French enough (laicity)?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2018, 08:15:10 AM
All interiors are psychotic ... particularly when disconnected from the exteriors.
Did you fathom this through observation of your own mind?

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2018, 08:15:10 AM
If you are all exterior (rhetorically speaking) and no interior, aren't you a Barbie doll?  Also are we sure we aren't just anti-French?  Or not French enough (laicity)?
From that observation, I would conclude that your exterior is a jumble of thought fragments and transient brain farts without connections to each other or to your surroundings.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2018, 06:57:41 AM
So, the guy who does everything well is talking about others?  GIA is expert in his own experience, we all are.  People have individual differences at one level, and cultural differences at another.  Does that mean we are all wrong?
We are all wrong if we try to insert my own personal experiences into someone else's mouth.  GIA tends to use words as he sees fit and assigns those words meanings he approves of; other definitions don't count. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 12, 2018, 08:44:59 AM
From that observation, I would conclude that your exterior is a jumble of thought fragments and transient brain farts without connections to each other or to your surroundings.

Study psychology.  Study yourself.  Shit can all egotism.  You will find a sorry ass monkey looking back at you.  If you can't follow the thread I make, that is no problem for either of us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Inability to follow the thread makes it easy to get lost in the labyrinth.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 12, 2018, 02:00:13 PM
Inability to follow the thread makes it easy to get lost in the labyrinth.

Life is hard.  Playing world's smallest violin.  If you want a well organized presentation, attend a good college class ... if you can find one.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 12, 2018, 07:25:14 AM
Well, he is focused on the interior.  You are focused on the exterior.  Both are part of life.  Deny either at your peril.

If you deny your dreams, they will become nightmares.

His paranormal experience broke him out of the very French materialist-Marxist POV.  It isn't called "dialectical materialism" for nothing.

Without an open and inquisitive mind, I doubt that I could have created my experience.

With people like those above, who get hung up on words instead of seeing the real meaning of the words, do not have open minds and perhaps that is why most sages say that many are called but few hear the voice.

=============

To all.

Jesus said to love yourself as well as God.

Love, worship, adore are all synonymous. We love ourselves and our ideologies, which is good, but we are allowing it to go to idolatry if we have a fixed ideology.

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love is a precursor to adoration and worship and are synonymous to idolatry.

The worship you give God you are also told to give yourself.

If you follow Jesus, you will love and worship yourself and that is why we are all idolaters, unless we allow for changes or flexibility.

If Jesus is a good man to you, then you will try to love and adore the ideology you follow.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: SGOS on May 12, 2018, 08:44:59 AM

Baruch lays out the dots, and like many intelligent men, does not think he has to put your finger on each one for you to see them.

His problem is treating childish minds like adult minds. An not kowtowing to the slower minds by lowering his standards to them.

What is said here of passing grades, he will not do, as that is quite immoral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

Regards
DL