Turkland Communist Party leader is wearing an Apple Watch.

Started by SoldierofFortune, May 03, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

http://m.ensonhaber.com/1-mayis-mitinginde-apple-watch-iscilere-seslenmek.html

Isn't there a paradox here?

The Apple trademark is symbolic.
It signifies the capitalist system.
Whereas, any communist party should inherently be at the opposite side.
However, here in Turkland, TCP leader is wearing an Apple watch.
This situation is a sign to the ones who can understand.
Yes, they especially give signs to say ''we are here.''

Through the history, the global powers has funded some people in target countries who seem on the left but who are not actually on the left, to weaken the left and prevent it from spreading. Turkland and TCP are not exceptions. This has been happening since cold war, to eradicate the left by the hands of the left.

Greetings.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 03, 2018, 12:55:40 PM
http://m.ensonhaber.com/1-mayis-mitinginde-apple-watch-iscilere-seslenmek.html

Isn't there a paradox here?

The Apple trademark is symbolic.
Whereas, any communist party should inherently be at the opposite side.
However, here in Turkland, TCP leader is wearing an Apple watch.
This situation is a sign to the ones who can understand.
Yes, they especially give signs to say ''we are here.''

Through the history, the global powers has funded some people in target countries who seem on the left but who are not actually on the left, to weaken the left and prevent it from spreading. Turkland and TCP are not exceptions. This has been happening since cold war, to eradicate the left by the hands of the left.

Greetings.

Correct ... Modern Left = French Revolution.  Russian Revolution = French Revolution 2.0.  Chinese Revolution = French Revolution 3.0 ... and so it goes.  Peasant revolts never last, vast numbers of imbeciles doesn't make effective opposition.  Democracy isn't, because voters are easy to deceive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 03, 2018, 12:55:40 PMThe Apple trademark is symbolic.
No, it symbolizes shameless greed.

*beat*

Which is probably totally different.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2018, 12:27:34 AM
No, it symbolizes shameless greed.

*beat*

Which is probably totally different.

The Tech industry is ... quite pathological, when it comes to money.  All corporate logos symbolize greed.  Please give any money you have to the nearest bum, so you can purge your guilty conscience.

Apple Watch is conspicuous consumption, what isn't?  We have been doing that since the Stone Age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I never felt I needed a Rolex watch, but I did have a Rolodex card holder that was handy, but that was before computers.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 04, 2018, 06:23:23 AM
I never felt I needed a Rolex watch, but I did have a Rolodex card holder that was handy, but that was before computers.

Jesus! ... you came back!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I wear a $12 digital watch.  Which replaced a $12 digital watch I had for 50 years but finally couldn't be fixed.  And I loved that watch.  Bright black display on a light background.  I don't wear jewelry either.  "Fancy" never interested me.  But I had a friend who adored his Rolex watch, a pride and joy.  He also had to have a fancy car (destroyed in a freak accident not his fault) and then he was broke.  I also had a carpool member who lived precariously paycheck-to-paycheck.  Best house, best clothes, gold chains, fancy vacations, restaurants...  Her finances finally collapsed too.

I don't get it.  When I see a Rolex watch or gold chains, I think "what a waste" and I'm not impressed.

My car is a 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV.  I originally bought it because I needed the height above the idiots driving on the dark morning back roads with their high beams on as I went to meet my carpool.  And I was hauling both a jon boat or a utility trailer often.  I think it is time to replace it.  The dealership suggested it is time to replace the timing belt and all other belts for $1,000 and that is getting to where the maintenance isn't worth it. 

So I'm looking at a new Highlander, a Suburu Forrester, and a couple wagons (Audi A4 Allroad Quattro and Volvo V90) to last another 13 years or more.

What I don't want is a moonroof (a real leakage waiting to happen) or fancy internet-of-things included.  And if I can't avoid those, I'm considering a rebuilt Ford Taurus Wagon.  I had one of those and loved it.

But to get back to the point, I'm not into "fancy"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 07:42:58 AM
When I see a Rolex watch or gold chains, I think "what a waste"
When you meet a person, you don't immediately check to see what kind of watch he is wearing, so wearing a Rolex doesn't make any sort of 1st impression.  I can know a person for years before I finally notice his watch.  And if it turns out he actually wears a Rolex, I would have already figured out by then that he was a pretentious asshole anyway.

If you want people to notice your watch, buy a Mickey Mouse watch, not one of the common digital types with a picture of a fairy princess on the face.  Get Mickey, with the twirling mechanical arms.  People notice them, and it will make them smile.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on May 05, 2018, 08:24:44 AM
When you meet a person, you don't immediately check to see what kind of watch he is wearing, so wearing a Rolex doesn't make any sort of 1st impression.  I can know a person for years before I finally notice his watch.  And if it turns out he actually wears a Rolex, I would have already figured out by then that he was a pretentious asshole anyway.

If you want people to notice your watch, buy a Mickey Mouse watch, not one of the common digital types with a picture of a fairy princess on the face.  Get Mickey, with the twirling mechanical arms.  People notice them, and it will make them smile.

You might be surprised.  I saw my friend show it off when meeting influential people.  Wearing a Rolex WAS a sign of "I'm your kind".

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 07:42:58 AM
I wear a $12 digital watch.  Which replaced a $12 digital watch I had for 50 years but finally couldn't be fixed.  And I loved that watch.  Bright black display on a light background.  I don't wear jewelry either.  "Fancy" never interested me.  But I had a friend who adored his Rolex watch, a pride and joy.  He also had to have a fancy car (destroyed in a freak accident not his fault) and then he was broke.  I also had a carpool member who lived precariously paycheck-to-paycheck.  Best house, best clothes, gold chains, fancy vacations, restaurants...  Her finances finally collapsed too.

I don't get it.  When I see a Rolex watch or gold chains, I think "what a waste" and I'm not impressed.

My car is a 2005 Toyota Highlander SUV.  I originally bought it because I needed the height above the idiots driving on the dark morning back roads with their high beams on as I went to meet my carpool.  And I was hauling both a jon boat or a utility trailer often.  I think it is time to replace it.  The dealership suggested it is time to replace the timing belt and all other belts for $1,000 and that is getting to where the maintenance isn't worth it. 

So I'm looking at a new Highlander, a Suburu Forrester, and a couple wagons (Audi A4 Allroad Quattro and Volvo V90) to last another 13 years or more.

What I don't want is a moonroof (a real leakage waiting to happen) or fancy internet-of-things included.  And if I can't avoid those, I'm considering a rebuilt Ford Taurus Wagon.  I had one of those and loved it.

But to get back to the point, I'm not into "fancy"...

You wholly misunderstood the subject.
The subject is the global powers' role in developing countries... not that you don't like showing off...

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 19, 2018, 10:10:46 AM
You wholly misunderstood the subject.
The subject is the global powers' role in developing countries... not that you don't like showing off...

I made light because you probably don't really want me discussing the damnable role the US has had worldwide in developing countries.  We basically kept them underfoot for a century for profit.  We allowed petty thieving dictators (and those were the DECENT types).  And we supported the worst ones too.  There wouldn't BE Banana Republics in SA if not for US (the capitilized pronoun, not the country).  But the US (the country) took deliberate action to keep the SA and CA nations ineffectual, broken, and subject to dictators beneficial to US (in either meaning)

If you don't understand THAT, you cannot understand the US, SA, or CA.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 12:30:13 PM
I made light because you probably don't really want me discussing the damnable role the US has had worldwide in developing countries.  We basically kept them underfoot for a century for profit.  We allowed petty thieving dictators (and those were the DECENT types).  And we supported the worst ones too.  There wouldn't BE Banana Republics in SA if not for US (the capitilized pronoun, not the country).  But the US (the country) took deliberate action to keep the SA and CA nations ineffectual, broken, and subject to dictators beneficial to US (in either meaning)

If you don't understand THAT, you cannot understand the US, SA, or CA.

Without the Monroe Doctrine, we would be speaking French now.  And the Caribbean and Latin America aren't helpless campesinos, they have their own mistakes, to which we add.  This is because we want Europeans in general, and the Communists/Russians/Chinese out of our backyard.  Having them here in strength would be a mistake of strategy, that tactics might not overcome.  Like Highlander, in the end there can only be One.  Of course that One is the solidarity of the cemetery.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on May 19, 2018, 01:57:25 PM
Without the Monroe Doctrine, we would be speaking French now.  And the Caribbean and Latin America aren't helpless campesinos, they have their own mistakes, to which we add.  This is because we want Europeans in general, and the Communists/Russians/Chinese out of our backyard.  Having them here in strength would be a mistake of strategy, that tactics might not overcome.  Like Highlander, in the end there can only be One.  Of course that One is the solidarity of the cemetery.
@Baruch and @Cavebear

I am wondering very much that why you are referring to United S. as us. Any explanation to this.
THe country you were born in affect your consciousness that so much,
The USA do it, you say: ''We do it''...

Let's go into your childhood : ) why you are behaving in this way.

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 19, 2018, 02:13:52 PM
@Baruch and @Cavebear

I am wondering very much that why you are referring to United S. as us. Any explanation to this.
THe country you were born in affect your consciousness that so much,
The USA do it, you say: ''We do it''...

Let's go into your childhood : ) why you are behaving in this way.

So, where are YOU from?

SoldierofFortune

We are talkin' about you, not me.
But when it comes to me, let me say.
I am a member of humanity. And ı am a world citizen. at least, ı feel in that way.