News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Der Wehrmacht ...

Started by Baruch, May 04, 2018, 06:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Der Spiegel reports that only 4 of the Luftwaffe’s 128 state-of-the-art Eurofighter jets are currently in good enough shape to be called on in the event of an invasion of German airspace.  The US should leave NATO now.  Merkel is no Thatcher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Der Fuhrer never would have stood for such a thing.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 04, 2018, 07:47:07 AM
Der Fuhrer never would have stood for such a thing.

Goering has screwed up again, from beyond the grave.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute 2018 Fact Sheet (for 2017), Germany spends 1.2% of their GDP on defense compared to 3.1% for the United States and 4.3% for Russia. The average expenditure for the major countries is 2.2%.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 04, 2018, 01:37:09 PM
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute 2018 Fact Sheet (for 2017), Germany spends 1.2% of their GDP on defense compared to 3.1% for the United States and 4.3% for Russia. The average expenditure for the major countries is 2.2%.

Yes, but it is also important what you spend the money on.  Fancy uniforms, or jet fuel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on May 04, 2018, 06:31:20 PM
Yes, but it is also important what you spend the money on.  Fancy uniforms, or jet fuel.

Are you referring to the 650,000 euros the German military recently spent on maternity uniforms?

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 04, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
Are you referring to the 650,000 euros the German military recently spent on maternity uniforms?

Our military has maternity uniforms too, but all our jets can take off too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Bloody hell!!! Maternity uniforms did you say? Next thing you know they’ll be stocking orang wigs, so that they can all look like Trump mini-me;-)

I happen to like historical airplanes. If I had the cash I would say lets buy those planes before the idiots destroy them.

Its too bad that your story is about Germany and not Iran or N Korea. That would be awesome if we found out the Iranian Air Force is falling apart
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on May 04, 2018, 11:56:36 PM
Bloody hell!!! Maternity uniforms did you say? Next thing you know they’ll be stocking orang wigs, so that they can all look like Trump mini-me;-)

I happen to like historical airplanes. If I had the cash I would say lets buy those planes before the idiots destroy them.

Its too bad that your story is about Germany and not Iran or N Korea. That would be awesome if we found out the Iranian Air Force is falling apart

Just a series of thoughts...

1.  North Korea's planes and railroads are so bad, it is dangerous for Glorious Leader to travel on them.  They are not getting modern basic equipment from Russia or China.
2.  Iran's military is weaker than Russia's (they get most of their equipment from Russia).  Russia wouldn't permit it.  The US military is better than Russia's, therefore it is WAY better than Iran's.
4.  Iran is therefore not a threat to surrounding nations militarily because the US could just blow up their aggressive forces without warning.
5.  The only threat the US faces is from cyber attacks.
6.  Therefore we need to increase our ability to both counter and aggressively use cyber attacks ourselves.
7.  Trump will start a war as a "mere diversion" if the Mueller investigation gets too close to his Russian collusion and personal illegal finances. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 03:25:45 AM
Just a series of thoughts...

1.  North Korea's planes and railroads are so bad, it is dangerous for Glorious Leader to travel on them.  They are not getting modern basic equipment from Russia or China.
2.  Iran's military is weaker than Russia's (they get most of their equipment from Russia).  Russia wouldn't permit it.  The US military is better than Russia's, therefore it is WAY better than Iran's.
4.  Iran is therefore not a threat to surrounding nations militarily because the US could just blow up their aggressive forces without warning.
5.  The only threat the US faces is from cyber attacks.
6.  Therefore we need to increase our ability to both counter and aggressively use cyber attacks ourselves.
7.  Trump will start a war as a "mere diversion" if the Mueller investigation gets too close to his Russian collusion and personal illegal finances. 

IO fdont know. I want otto believe that the majority of opoliticans are smart enoguh to not allow a war to happen nhjust to rpotect  trumops' pride. Then aungain, alot of them problealy agree with a new war :\...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on May 05, 2018, 03:40:22 AM
IO fdont know. I want otto believe that the majority of opoliticans are smart enoguh to not allow a war to happen nhjust to rpotect  trumops' pride. Then aungain, alot of them problealy agree with a new war :\...

I would have titled that "Thoughts from Trump's mind at 4 am", but I thought that was kind of obvious.  My apologies if it was not.  And I will assume you were sober and badly typed that to make a point, LOL! 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 04, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

Every gas tank you fill in your cars, helps Iran.  Nothing wrong with that.  I like Iran ... and Russia ... and China etc
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 05, 2018, 03:40:22 AM

You can never underestimate politicians.  Remember WW I?

Cavebear ... I agree that Iran is no threat.  Neither is Syria.  That isn't what this is about, not the Dept of Defense, but Dept of Offense.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.