News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Life for flinging poo

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 17, 2018, 12:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Not quite sure how I feel about this one...

QuoteNEW BOSTON, Texasâ€"A Bowie County jury handed down a life sentence Thursday for a Texas prison inmate who soaked a female correctional officer with liquified human waste last year at the Barry Telford Unit in New Boston.

Alonzo Gilbert Guerrero Jr., 25, was serving a four-year term for arson when he covered Correctional Officer Rebecca Smith’s hair, face and clothing with his waste July 20, 2017. The jury convicted Guerrero on Wednesday after less than 10 minutes of deliberations. It took them a little more than two hours to settle on a life sentence Thursday.

http://txktoday.com/crime/inmate-gets-life-throwing-human-waste-telford-officer/
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

He is lucky.  In some states they hand out 300 year sentences ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

That's one sick puppy.  Life?  That may be over the top, although I don't really care if he gets life.  I'm just curious; Has anyone evaluated this guy?

Unbeliever

Man goes from a 4 year sentence to life? He does need to be examined! Not only does he serve a life sentence, but the guards will be on him like stink on a skunk. He'll have a very hard life, but he made his own bed and now must lie in it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

A little over the top, imo.  And clearly, this guy needs some sort of psychiatric help.  Simply extending his stay does little to address the root problem here.

Has anyone looked into his complaints?  The corrections officer said that he became upset at having to wait a while to be led to the bathroom, but it's possible that "a while" for inmates is significantly longer than what one might reasonably expect.  In that case, urinating on the floor might be more understandable.  As does his apparent desire to retaliate against guards for perceived wrongdoing.

Of course, he could just be a psycho whose actions are unpredictable, but I rather doubt the prison system is utterly blameless.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 17, 2018, 01:44:25 PM
A little over the top, imo.  And clearly, this guy needs some sort of psychiatric help.  Simply extending his stay does little to address the root problem here.

Has anyone looked into his complaints?  The corrections officer said that he became upset at having to wait a while to be led to the bathroom, but it's possible that "a while" for inmates is significantly longer than what one might reasonably expect.  In that case, urinating on the floor might be more understandable.  As does his apparent desire to retaliate against guards for perceived wrongdoing.

Of course, he could just be a psycho whose actions are unpredictable, but I rather doubt the prison system is utterly blameless.

It was a scene like this some years ago, in our county jail, because of over-crowding.  People were handcuffed to the rail in an open stairwell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

He first commits arson, then flings shit at people. Yeah, he's someone you want around.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on April 18, 2018, 07:45:52 AM
He first commits arson, then flings shit at people. Yeah, he's someone you want around.
If he doesn't qualify for being sheltered in a secure facility like a mental institution, jail may be the only way to remove him from society.  Jail may be a nightmare for him, especially now, but for the safety of others, he must not be free to roam.  I don't see a better alternative.  I can imagine one in a different world, but I don't see it in this one.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 18, 2018, 08:56:01 AM
If he doesn't qualify for being sheltered in a secure facility like a mental institution, jail may be the only way to remove him from society.  Jail may be a nightmare for him, especially now, but for the safety of others, he must not be free to roam.  I don't see a better alternative.  I can imagine one in a different world, but I don't see it in this one.

The US has never had an honest conversation about mental health.  Never had an honest conversation ... period.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

if they already gave him life, what do they do the next time he “offends” a guard? Now they gotta live with him or have him transfered to another prison.

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2018, 01:26:25 PM
The US has never had an honest conversation about mental health.  Never had an honest conversation ... period.
So true, but the pharmiceutical companies make a lot of money off of mental health. I dont think we can have an honest conversation
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 18, 2018, 08:40:03 PM
if they already gave him life, what do they do the next time he “offends” a guard? Now they gotta live with him or have him transfered to another prison.
So true, but the pharmiceutical companies make a lot of money off of mental health. I dont think we can have an honest conversation

How can you be honest, or have a conversation, if you are doped up?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

There are people who simply cannot live in society.  As a moderately sane society, we do not kill such people outright.  But also, there is the possibility that they are totally innocent on the crimes they are committed for conviction of and are justifiably so angry at the injustice they would do things like throwing feces at guards, or they might be insane. 

If I was imprisoned for life for something I didn't do, I might act violently in utter anger and frustration whenever the opportunity arose.  And if I was insane, would I truly know what I was doing?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

That action definitely qualifies as assault on an officer of the law, and the penalties are usually a little stiffer for that, especially considering the potential exposure to disease involved.  Also, I see domestic assault on his record and I have absolutely no sympathy for people who beat their SOs and/or children.

Maybe by the time he's eligible for parole, he'll have gotten his shit together.

...sorry, I couldn't resist that.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on April 19, 2018, 12:32:23 PM
That action definitely qualifies as assault on an officer of the law, and the penalties are usually a little stiffer for that, especially considering the potential exposure to disease involved.  Also, I see domestic assault on his record and I have absolutely no sympathy for people who beat their SOs and/or children.

Maybe by the time he's eligible for parole, he'll have gotten his shit together.

...sorry, I couldn't resist that.

I admire a good riposte...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!