News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Left/Right dichotomy is fake

Started by Sal1981, April 13, 2018, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on April 21, 2018, 05:09:02 PM
I would call it sanctioned sedition. How silly of me to think that Americans care.

BTW bribery is one of those impeachable offenses that the Constitution requires said offender to be impeached. 50%+ of Congress guilty as charged.

J Comey should be staying quiet right now. I think his yapping is going to compromise Mueller’s investigation. I thought he was smart enough to know that. Makes me wonder what his motivations are.

There are easy ways around bribery and politicians know them all.  Political campaign funds that stay with the politician are a simply example.  Good "loans" are another.  Investments in politicians' businesses are hard to prove as bribery ("hey, I thought it was a good investment").

Any lobbiest who offers actually cash is a fool and the politician who accepts cash is an idiot deserving jail time.

And I agree that Comey should have kept his book ready to publish AFTER the current investigation.  I understand that he is now a private citizen and can write any book he wants, but his declarations of "public duty" suggests he might have waited. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Sylar

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2018, 01:44:02 AM
There are easy ways around bribery and politicians know them all.  Political campaign funds that stay with the politician are a simply example.  Good "loans" are another.  Investments in politicians' businesses are hard to prove as bribery ("hey, I thought it was a good investment").

Any lobbiest who offers actually cash is a fool and the politician who accepts cash is an idiot deserving jail time.

And I agree that Comey should have kept his book ready to publish AFTER the current investigation.  I understand that he is now a private citizen and can write any book he wants, but his declarations of "public duty" suggests he might have waited.

I haven't finished reading Coney's book, but so far he has not revealed anything we do not already know.

While on Stephen Colbert, Comey reiterated as much and also revealed that the book was reviewed by the FBI for classified information before being published.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on April 25, 2018, 01:26:52 AM
I haven't finished reading Coney's book, but so far he has not revealed anything we do not already know.

While on Stephen Colbert, Comey reiterated as much and also revealed that the book was reviewed by the FBI for classified information before being published.

Yes, he did better with his book, then when he initially leaked his "memos".  If he had released anything in the book, that was classified, I would have him waterboarded.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sylar on April 25, 2018, 01:26:52 AM

That's a good point also.  No real surprises in Comey's book.  I won't bother to read it (as I haven't any president's book since Grant)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 01, 2018, 10:58:14 PM
That's a good point also.  No real surprises in Comey's book.  I won't bother to read it (as I haven't any president's book since Grant)

I respect Grant.  He wrote to feed his family.  No fancy Presidential library funds back then.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.