News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Left/Right dichotomy is fake

Started by Sal1981, April 13, 2018, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on April 19, 2018, 01:38:01 PM
And here I was thinking that a courts job was to allow people to argue their cases and meet out justice impartially!

How naive of me!

Civics 101 lessons from Poli-Sci professor Cavebear?  Don't eat the yellow snow!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on April 20, 2018, 07:10:43 AM
Scewering Colbert interview of Comey ...
The spawn of J Edgar may yet get what is coming to them ...
That commentator is more annoying than continual robocalls, although Comey may have been more influential than the Russians in swinging the presidential election over to Trump.  Then he goes after Trump.  His actions were perplexing.  Was he the head of the FBI or a political operative trying to subvert the system?  I kept wondering what his agenda was.  He magnified the surrealist atmosphere of the most bizarre presidential election I can remember.  Did he want Trump in the Whitehouse so he could be remembered for bringing down "the most powerful person in the world"?  I'm just grasping at straws looking for a way to explain a behavior which I can't understand.

I may buy his book even though "tell all" books have never interested me.  It seems like he has an interesting story to tell, but what could possibly be in the book that I don't already know?  He has been under a microscope for two years, and he's still trying to hang on to the limelight as he drifts further into obscurity.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on April 20, 2018, 08:15:19 AM
That commentator is more annoying than continual robocalls, although Comey may have been more influential than the Russians in swinging the presidential election over to Trump.  Then he goes after Trump.  His actions were perplexing.  Was he the head of the FBI or a political operative trying to subvert the system?  I kept wondering what his agenda was.  He magnified the surrealist atmosphere of the most bizarre presidential election I can remember.  Did he want Trump in the Whitehouse so he could be remembered for bringing down "the most powerful person in the world"?  I'm just grasping at straws looking for a way to explain a behavior which I can't understand.

I may buy his book even though "tell all" books have never interested me.  It seems like he has an interesting story to tell, but what could possibly be in the book that I don't already know?  He has been under a microscope for two years, and he's still trying to hang on to the limelight as he drifts further into obscurity.
I also wonder what Comey's motivation was for how he acted.  He was a huge reason Hillary lost.  Why did he do that email shit again???  What he says his reasons were just don't add up.  And then he is going after Trump.  He doesn't seem to be able to make up his mind--does he want to be the hero to all sides???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 20, 2018, 08:15:19 AM

Well, he may need book revenue to pay his legal bills, if charged with obstruction of justice.  But really Facebook data mining was more influential as data gathering for the prior Obama campaigns and the Trump campaign.

What has been written, but not proven, is that Comey did what Obama wanted (in agreement with Hillary) ... and they all have to go into the wood-chipper to avoid stink landing directly on the Voldemorts of politics.

The D party is now suing Russia, Trump, and Wikileaks for stealing the election from Hillary.  They don't want to go quietly into the night, Comey neither.  We won't know who killed Seth Rich, anymore than who killed JFK, but everyone will know anyway.  The investigator of the Seth Rich murder was connected to the Podestas.

Have you seen what kind of artwork Tony Podesta kept on his walls at home?  The D party is the Satan party.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 20, 2018, 10:45:12 AM
I also wonder what Comey's motivation was for how he acted.  He was a huge reason Hillary lost.  Why did he do that email shit again???  What he says his reasons were just don't add up.  And then he is going after Trump.  He doesn't seem to be able to make up his mind--does he want to be the hero to all sides???

FBI chief is supposed to be politically neutral.  If the FBI, DoD etc are not ... then I vote for ending democracy permanently.  So it would be OK with you, if the heads of these agencies were blatantly partisan?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on April 20, 2018, 01:05:54 PM
FBI chief is supposed to be politically neutral.  If the FBI, DoD etc are not ... then I vote for ending democracy permanently.  So it would be OK with you, if the heads of these agencies were blatantly partisan?
It's hard to prove that Comey was being partisan when he reopened the Hillary investigation.  Superficially, it looked that way, but he would of course argue that it was purely investigative and without motive.  I've heard this discussed on NPR, some saying it was inappropriate as it would impact the elections results, which would be a violation of protocol (intervention from a supposedly neutral government agency), some saying that it would have little impact anyway, and some saying it appeared to be a violation of protocol at best, but possibly not an actual criminal act. 

At the other extreme you would have Republicans arguing that reopening the investigation was absolutely necessary at that exact time.  I don't know what Democrats were thinking, other than, "Ouch!  This is not going to be good for us," but that's just a guess.  To me I'll speculate that reopening the investigation, and then closing it less than a week later a couple of days before the election could have been a panicky cluster fuck at the FBI with a bunch of agents running around in circles like the Keystone Cops.

This is probably one of those things the public will never know.

Baruch

The FBI was going to investigate the Clinton bribe fund in late 2015, and they put the kibosh on that.  They were going to make serious charges against Hillary for email server-gate in early 2016, and they put the kibosh on that.  They had Huma and her husband with criminal, salacious documents on his laptop, possibly stuff taken from Hillary's server or other DNC computers as "insurance", and they put the kibosh on that.  The FBI did everything, short of destroying evidence (except maybe they did with the DWS/Awan laptop and the Weiner/Huma laptop), to prevent the Hillary clown train from crashing into the Sun ... but they are just disinterested parties, yes?  Nixon was completely innocent, then ... never partisan at all, the Watergate burglars were just in the wrong office of the Watergate that night, had a totally different and legitimate National Security target in mind ... not the DNC.

Yes, we will never know.  So never ever indict a R person or a D person ... because the Deep State will withhold what they know, so they can't get a fair trial then.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on April 19, 2018, 01:38:01 PM
And here I was thinking that a courts job was to allow people to argue their cases and meet out justice impartially!

How naive of me!

Well, yes, actually.  Judges are appointed by political views too often lately.  It should stop.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

Quote from: Jason78 on April 17, 2018, 01:15:58 PM
I've never understood the american idea of lobbying.   It seems like sanctioned bribery.
I would call it sanctioned sedition. How silly of me to think that Americans care.

BTW bribery is one of those impeachable offenses that the Constitution requires said offender to be impeached. 50%+ of Congress guilty as charged.

J Comey should be staying quiet right now. I think his yapping is going to compromise Mueller’s investigation. I thought he was smart enough to know that. Makes me wonder what his motivations are.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 21, 2018, 05:09:02 PM
I would call it sanctioned sedition. How silly of me to think that Americans care.

BTW bribery is one of those impeachable offenses that the Constitution requires said offender to be impeached. 50%+ of Congress guilty as charged.

J Comey should be staying quiet right now. I think his yapping is going to compromise Mueller’s investigation. I thought he was smart enough to know that. Makes me wonder what his motivations are.

Motivation in Washington DC?  Money.  Mueller has done much to compromise Mueller's investigation ;-(  Reminds me of the 1930s Stalin show trials.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Campus Bad Time Tales @pr126

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10798

The SDS rides again ... or not.  Or did Soros forget to pay anti-Fa this week?

Yes, Virginia ... there is a Futurama Santa Claus hiding under your bed, he was hired by your parents ... bwahaha.

All the young Americans I know, are the ones I work with.  Very patriotic and hard working, and they don't want to throw their lives away for stupid government policy.  Even the college educated ones.  LBJ ... threw away countless lives both ours and theirs ... and he was a D.  Nixon and Ford would have kept us there, contrary to their public agenda, but Congress, to be anti-R, took us out of SE Asia.  Sometimes blind opposition is a good thing.  But that didn't mean that the D leadership became pacifist ... other than Carter of course.  The Clintons and Obama were almost cut from the same cloth as LBJ.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on April 21, 2018, 05:09:02 PM
I'm skeptical that he might compromise an FBI investigation.  Browsing some of the Amazon user reviews, I noticed a consensus that there is nothing of importance in his book that has not been already dissected in the news.  The rave reviews outnumbered the others by a wide margin, but centered mostly on praising his integrity, rather than providing any new information to the public.  The few negative reviews were one liners like "boring," but didn't address anything of substance.

Who knows how being publicly humiliated and fired from a job as director of anything, even if you are fired by a known dunce, could alter your judgment.  I try to look at how I would respond.  I might want revenge on the dunce that fired me, but I would not want to undermine the system I tried to build and nurture.  But then people have been known to flip out and self destruct now and then.

On the side, this whole thing reminds me of the Watergate investigation, when Nixon fired the special prosecutor that was investigating him.  It struck me as Nixon saying to the public, "Americans, I am guilty, but this is the last thing I can think of to save my ass."

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 22, 2018, 08:38:45 AM
I'm skeptical that he might compromise an FBI investigation.  Browsing some of the Amazon user reviews, I noticed a consensus that there is nothing of importance in his book that has not been already dissected in the news.  The rave reviews outnumbered the others by a wide margin, but centered mostly on praising his integrity, rather than providing any new information to the public.  The few negative reviews were one liners like "boring," but didn't address anything of substance.

Who knows how being publicly humiliated and fired from a job as director of anything, even if you are fired by a known dunce, could alter your judgment.  I try to look at how I would respond.  I might want revenge on the dunce that fired me, but I would not want to undermine the system I tried to build and nurture.  But then people have been known to flip out and self destruct now and then.

On the side, this whole thing reminds me of the Watergate investigation, when Nixon fired the special prosecutor that was investigating him.  It struck me as Nixon saying to the public, "Americans, I am guilty, but this is the last thing I can think of to save my ass."

Soy-boy fan-boys will buy up all the copies, to help fund his defense from the Twitter attacks of the Orange Hitler ;-))

Integrity = Death to the R party?  Just say no to partisanship, or get on the cattle car to the FEMA camp.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sylar

Quote from: Baruch on April 20, 2018, 01:05:54 PM

There is no evidence that Comey acted in a partisan manner. Irresponsible, but not partisan.

It was the responsible thing to delay the announcement about Clinton investigation a week, until after the elections. Comey is surely not naive not to expect his announcement to harm Clinton and benefit Spanky, even if he pretends to be on national television.

Furthermore, how do you determine political neutrality? Everyone has their own opinions. Comey is no doubt ideologically Republican. But that is not enough to draw a conclusion that the man is not neutral. Neutrality is best established by assessing conduct.

Comey is the same man who averted the signing of a domestic surveillance program when AG Gonzales (appointed by Bush II) tried to get Ashcroft to sign approval paperwork while in critical condition in the hospital.

He's the same man who helped thousands of families in NY by taking down the Gambino crime family.

He's been a storybook Boy Scout who served his country well for his entire career, one that was inspired by a break-in at his house while a teenager and a deep desire to protect other families and help children feel safe.

He is also human, and humans make mistakes.

But all of the above are evidence that his conduct is patriotic and in service to this country and its people regardless of their political delineations.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde