News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ANOTHER STUPID F**KING WAR

Started by pr126, April 12, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

I have no objections when the Arabs/Muslims killing one another. That’s what they do best.
The proper thing to do is stand back and watch.
Don’t interfere. Let them get on with it. As long as they stay in their own sand pits.

Baruch

The depth of vendetta feeling is hard for us to imagine.  Once you kill someone's cousin, 3 times removed ... you will never be able to walk in public again, without fear.  This is the problem for Assad ... he killed some folks, and their relations will never forget, never forgive.  He is an ophthalmologist, and originally practiced in military medicine.  He literally and ironically, didn't see what the consequences of his initial reaction to the Arab Spring would be.  His advisors were morons ... that is what you get when you inherit your daddy's business, and daddy was a violent dictator.  No truth speaking to power there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 15, 2018, 08:38:00 AM
I have no objections when the Arabs/Muslims killing one another. That’s what they do best.
The proper thing to do is stand back and watch.
Don’t interfere. Let them get on with it. As long as they stay in their own sand pits.

If they kept it to themselves, the world would reasonably offended and feel compelled to act to help the victims.

But it could also spread to include more innocent victims.  So here is a suggestion:  Round up some thousand of the fanatics on both sides, put them on some large island dedicated to the purpose, give them equal weapons, and let them fight it out where they can't hurt innocent people, and film the outcome with drones.

I don't care whether it turns out to be a real reality show or a scientific study, but getting rid of most of them wouldn't be too harmful.

And yes, I am ignoring "justifications".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

So Trump's attack hit absolutely nothing. Again. The Syrian government was warned ahead of time, and they were able to move all their stuff and people out of the way. That's the second time that's happened. Just another pointless display of power to make his supporters hard for him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on April 15, 2018, 08:21:11 AM
I think for humans in the current global environment, the default psychological setting is to choose who the guilty party is.  I don't think the default setting is not to know.

Honestly, ignorance is my default setting. I can't comment on Syria because I don't have enough unbiased information on the current situation and my historical knowledge of Syria is elementary at best. In order to form an opinion on such a complex situation I would need to do research and I'm just not interested enough to invest that kind of time. Also my opinion on Syria is irrelevant to anything. My inability to express an opinion without sufficient information is something that my husband finds very annoying because he seems to have an instant opinion on everything.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 19, 2018, 12:01:04 PM
So Trump's attack hit absolutely nothing. Again. The Syrian government was warned ahead of time, and they were able to move all their stuff and people out of the way. That's the second time that's happened. Just another pointless display of power to make his supporters hard for him.

Probably providing a distraction for the real thing, Israel attacking Syrian targets (Iran/Hezbullah).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 19, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

Trump couldn't hit a barn wall with a dart if he was inside the barn.  He never actually knows what the target IS!  Everything he faces is outside his comprehension and mental reach.  I can hardly wait for the mid-term elections...

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2018, 01:03:58 AM
Trump couldn't hit a barn wall with a dart if he was inside the barn.  He never actually knows what the target IS!  Everything he faces is outside his comprehension and mental reach.  I can hardly wait for the mid-term elections...

I don't think that it's that he can't hit anything so much as he doesn't want to. While he is a raging egomaniac, there are a few countries he doesn't want to piss off who have stakes in Middle-Eastern conflicts. Namely one that starts with an R and ends with an Ussia. How was it absolutely everything was moved out of the way in time for the missile strikes? They were warned ahead of time. It's nothing but a show. Trump never intended to do any actual damage.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 24, 2018, 02:58:03 AM
I don't think that it's that he can't hit anything so much as he doesn't want to. While he is a raging egomaniac, there are a few countries he doesn't want to piss off who have stakes in Middle-Eastern conflicts. Namely one that starts with an R and ends with an Ussia. How was it absolutely everything was moved out of the way in time for the missile strikes? They were warned ahead of time. It's nothing but a show. Trump never intended to do any actual damage.

As one republican talking head said "it was the least he could do".  And indeed it WAS "the least" he could do.  He warned every one to get "their good stuff" out of the way, the Russians were warned a symbolic bombing was coming, and it was all so unthreatening that no actual harm was caused.  It was utterly without serious damage.  We spent a lot of money on fancy missiles for no real effect.

What would have made some damage was one surprise missile landing in the middle of the Syrian airforce center in the dead of night.  Just to remind everyone that we could...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2018, 01:03:58 AM

Yea, will be 1917 all over again, or is that 1788?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2018, 03:15:52 AM
As one republican talking head said "it was the least he could do".  And indeed it WAS "the least" he could do.  He warned every one to get "their good stuff" out of the way, the Russians were warned a symbolic bombing was coming, and it was all so unthreatening that no actual harm was caused.  It was utterly without serious damage.  We spent a lot of money on fancy missiles for no real effect.

What would have made some damage was one surprise missile landing in the middle of the Syrian airforce center in the dead of night.  Just to remind everyone that we could...

Don't pay attention to what the US hand is doing, it is what the Israeli hand is doing, that you are not watching ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 24, 2018, 02:58:03 AM

Blackleaf, I think you assign more deliberate action to Trump than he can give.  His brain is set on "transmit", and the "receive" button is broken...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on April 24, 2018, 03:15:52 AM
We spent a lot of money on fancy missiles for no real effect.

What - $100 million bucks or so, just for a gesture!? Wasn't Chump's money, so what does he care?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 24, 2018, 01:20:47 PM
What - $100 million bucks or so, just for a gesture!? Wasn't Chump's money, so what does he care?

with the government, it is never about the expense.  They can always tax you some more.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 24, 2018, 01:20:47 PM

Yeah, if it isn't HIS money (and not much of it is) why should he care?  I mean he RAN for president just to make money from it, but never expected to win.  UNLESS he did and then there was money to be made from THAT!

People around him are reported to relate that he was both shocked and rather dismayed at winning.    He loves the limelight, but 24/7 is not what he is used to.