News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ANOTHER STUPID F**KING WAR

Started by pr126, April 12, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2018, 10:56:47 AM
Minor detail. The Russian military is also present there. 

If they become collateral damage, it could be the start of something very unpleasant.
Unintended consequences?

Russia says Syrian 'chemical attack' was staged

If Russia is saying it's staged, that makes it even more likely it wasn't.

I don't know if you know this, but Russia isn't particularly the most trust worthy country in the world, particularly as Putin want's more and more to restore the USSR and his own empire.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

We could have cut to the chase.  Had Gen McArthur's nuclear war in 1950, and killed all the communists.  No need for proxy wars or alliances then.  As a minor form of alternative history, I wouldn't have had the problems I have from having lived ... my parents would have died before I got born.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, woulda coulda shoulda...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 06:36:45 AM
I have no idea who would replace him, but probably some rebel leader who would NOT be gassing the children...

I don't like too put it this way, but almost anyone who doesn't gas-attack children has to be better.

Do you disagree?
I wouldn't disagree with the last sentence, but I'm skeptical about the first one.

Baruch

Apparently nobody here ever got the point of the movie ... Team America: World Police ;-(  Continue like this, and projectile vomit we will.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 06:36:45 AM
I have no idea who would replace him, but probably some rebel leader who would NOT be gassing the children...

I don't like too put it this way, but almost anyone who doesn't gas-attack children has to be better.

Do you disagree?

I'm not sure I agree, but I don't disagree either.

Assad, pre-revolution, was at least mostly not violent; there was practically no social mobility without money or connections, but in terms of people being killed... as long as you didn't cause waves, you were fine.

The problem with the rebel groups is even once the war is won in their favour... what happens when the rebel group turns out to be a fundamentalist group? Instead of a secular dictatorship you now have a religious dictatorship, or perhaps some political group, that continues the slaughter even after the fighting is over.

I'm just not sure a rebel lead Syria is better off than a Assad lead Syria. Both are horrible options, but they seem to be the only two options they have. But at least Assad lead Syria is more likely to end up back in a secular dictatorship rather than a theocracy, and that is the lesser of two evils.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

"you now have a religious dictatorship"

Exactly why SA and Qatar are funding it.  And Turkey wants their cut too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

For the life of me I don't really see a hell of a lot of difference between killing someone will chemical weapons vs plain old high explosive bombs..
If I had to choose which one killed me I'd have to punt and choose an overdose of pain killers..
Getting dead isn't particularly discriminating.. Guns,  bombs, chemical weapons, nuclear weapons, or getting stabbed with 15 butter knives.  I don't suppose anyone in WWI who had a bayonet jammed into their guts said, at least it wasn't gas!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 14, 2018, 12:04:03 AM
For the life of me I don't really see a hell of a lot of difference between killing someone will chemical weapons vs plain old high explosive bombs..
If I had to choose which one killed me I'd have to punt and choose an overdose of pain killers..
Getting dead isn't particularly discriminating.. Guns,  bombs, chemical weapons, nuclear weapons, or getting stabbed with 15 butter knives.  I don't suppose anyone in WWI who had a bayonet jammed into their guts said, at least it wasn't gas!

The hypocrisy is so thick ... you can eat it with a spork!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

So, apparently the missiles have started flying. Let's see how Russia responds.

QuoteFor the life of me I don't really see a hell of a lot of difference between killing someone will chemical weapons vs plain old high explosive bombs..

I rather die in an explosion than hours or days of having my internal organs fail.

pr126

I have watched the alleged gas attack on Youtube.

Here are some questions.

How come only children are affected?  Appeal to emotion?

Why the people decontaminating are not wearing any protective clothing?

Where are the dead from this attack?

How can sarin gas be decontaminated with simple tap water?

Who is doing the filming? Who is verifying?

What benefit could Assad have from all the negative response and possible attack from the world?

Cui bono?

Baruch

Every day in every way, burn down the Reichstag and pin it on your political enemies!  Yes, a billion raping Poles were looking sexily at our German women (who are on the wrong side of the border).  The Wehrmacht must roll in and stop the potential miscegenation!

France and Britain ... we can't do anything to help Poland, let's Red Line it and hope that the Germans don't cross it ;-(

“Naturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the
 leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a
simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy or a
 fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of
 the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are 
being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and 
for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every
 country.”
--- Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg
 Trials after World War II.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?