Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 12, 2018, 02:13:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WuPFlMThw

Bashar al-Assad is chemically bombing his own people.  Kim Jong-un is starving and torturing his people.  There are dictators all over the world treating their citizens even worse.  Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping have become dictators-for-life.  Democracy is under attack...

So where am I going with this?  I am saying that WE in the US have a President who envies their control over the government and is deliberately attacking democracy HERE!  And not enough people care...

If the US falls, Western Europe will fall, and everything will fall.  It's happened before.  Even worse, it has MOSTLY happened before.

A few thoughts:  History has been mostly brutal.  Democracy is rare and easily lost.  Given an established dynasty, democracy is hard to regain.  Most revolutions fail.  All it takes for people to give up a democracy is complacency.  When you follow personality leaders, you don't keep democracy.  When a leader attacks democracy, the reaction must be swift and uncomprimisingly severe.  Hang dictators the 1st chance you get.  A military junta is NEVER the best option.  To get rid of a wanna-be dictator, defeat him from the bottom up.  Keep military control among civilians.  It is the small change that happen 1st when someone wants to become a dictator; attacks on the Press, attacks on the Congress, attacks on the Courts.

The snide remarks in any media, usually by subordinates but sometimes direct from the wanna-be dictator are designed to pry out the bricks at the foundation of democracy.  Bit by bit, the ones who desire to diminish democracy start slow and suggest lies, "fake news, lying Press, and attacking past politacal opponents are routine...  When they succeed at that, the feel free to be more open an attacking.

Just saying...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2018, 12:04:35 AM

The idea is to stop a mad tyrant from gassing children...  I'm pretty sure that even YOU wouldn't agree that is a good thing...

pr126

Is there REAL evidence that it was the work of Assad? I am not convinced. Yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=LcBE6WYooTY

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2018, 12:14:29 AM
Is there REAL evidence that it was the work of Assad? I am not convinced. Yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=LcBE6WYooTY

You constantly amaze me!  France has evidence that Syria used chemical weapons against its own citizens, French President Emmanuel Macron President said this afternoon, five days after a suspected chemical attack there.

“We have the proof that last week ... chemical weapons â€" at least chlorine gas â€" were used by [President Bashar] Assad's regime," Macron told a French today."

pr126

Nonetheless, I remain skeptical.

Draconic Aiur

Always some form of war in the Middle East

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2018, 12:31:06 AM

You have a right to remain skeptical.  In the face of conclusions by other world leaders that Assad has been doing these kinds of attacks rather routinely.  But your skepticism doesn't change the facts.  Assad has been, and is continuing to, gas civilians including children. 

Munch

And what happens if the West kills Assad? More infighting for control, more migrants flooding from those regions and flooding into europe, another power and dictator rises after Assad and the whole things starts all over again.

Couldn't be a better example of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on April 13, 2018, 06:08:54 AM
And what happens if the West kills Assad? More infighting for control, more migrants flooding from those regions and flooding into europe, another power and dictator rises after Assad and the whole things starts all over again.

Couldn't be a better example of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I have no idea who would replace him, but probably some rebel leader who would NOT be gassing the children...

I don't like too put it this way, but almost anyone who doesn't gas-attack children has to be better.

Do you disagree?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on April 13, 2018, 12:31:06 AM

Yeah, if France claims something, that is soo believable ;-)  Germany and Italy are declining to participate in the most recent stupidity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
You have a right to remain skeptical.  In the face of conclusions by other world leaders that Assad has been doing these kinds of attacks rather routinely.  But your skepticism doesn't change the facts.  Assad has been, and is continuing to, gas civilians including children.

The US has 2000 troops in Syria, yet we haven't a declared war anywhere since 1941.  Do you really think we are doing that "for the children"?  And Sen McCain being photo-oped with those ISIS guys a few years ago was so ...

There are young women routinely assaulted in certain Muslim neighborhoods in England, yet the English government turns a blind eye.  Should we begin military operations to remove PM May from office?  Will Putin/Iran/Hezbullah try to defend her?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Minor detail. The Russian military is also present there. 

If they become collateral damage, it could be the start of something very unpleasant.
Unintended consequences?

Russia says Syrian 'chemical attack' was staged