Should we put shame on us all? We burden our children.

Started by Greatest I am, April 12, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 17, 2018, 01:48:20 PM
Do you know any atheists "that go around lecturing down to everyone"? If we, here, do any lecturing at all it's only because people come here to elicit our opinions about their nonsensical delusions.

Well, with few exceptions, the average person isn't well read or educated.  So no intellectuals there on average.  Yes, the atheists here (or any other grouping on any other issue) are constantly talking down ... because they are self selected as Brites or Illuminati.  Too bad they can't pay their electric bill ;-)

It isn't about IQ, it is about ego and cluelessness.  But monkeys ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 17, 2018, 01:48:20 PM
Do you know any atheists "that go around lecturing down to everyone"? If we, here, do any lecturing at all it's only because people come here to elicit our opinions about their nonsensical delusions.

I agree completely.  *I* don't go to theistic sites and annoy them with logical arguments.  But THEY feel free to come HERE are lecture us about morality and their own particular (among many conflicting ones) theisms.

I will say that in general discussion sites where religion is brought up as a subject by others (as they feel compelled to try to spread their superstitions), I sometimes point out that some people have no theism and are quite ethical and good citizens.  That possibility actually seems to drive them nuts.

So I just let them rant for a while to let other posters see how crazy they are...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

Quote from: Munch on May 09, 2018, 07:38:12 PM
Maybe since with theism, denial of facts given to them is an essential part of their beliefs, as in any scientific evidence needing to be ignored, it probably becomes natural to just ignore details from what they use to believe in place of something else, cognitive dissonance

Cognitive dissonance I can ignore but moral dissonance should not be, given the damage religions continue to do to society.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Munch on May 09, 2018, 07:38:12 PM
Maybe since with theism, denial of facts given to them is an essential part of their beliefs, as in any scientific evidence needing to be ignored, it probably becomes natural to just ignore details from what they use to believe in place of something else, cognitive dissonance

Cognitive dissonance I can ignore but moral dissonance should not be, given the damage religions continue to do to society.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 01:47:01 AM
*I* don't go to theistic sites and annoy them with logical arguments. 

Then you are not living by the Golden Rule. A shame that.

For evil to grow and all that.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 19, 2018, 07:08:04 AM
Then you are not living by the Golden Rule. A shame that.

For evil to grow and all that.

Regards
DL

Geeks think everything is cognitive ... they have no emotion chip (see Commander Data).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Warning, serial-posting is not a good sign!  Unless it is me of course.  Then it must make sense...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!