Should we put shame on us all? We burden our children.

Started by Greatest I am, April 12, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on April 17, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
High intelligence over-heates the gonads with brain power, like a microwave oven ;-)  So the smarter you are, the more infertile you are ;-(

I cannot agree on this one without seeing the stats.

I like to think my wife and I are smart, not well educated in terms of university etc., and we have 4 boys between us. 2 each.

Regards
DL

pr126

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 10:35:49 AM

I like to think my wife and I are smart, not well educated in terms of university etc., and we have 4 boys between us. 2 each.

Regards
DL

Two each? You have given birth to two boys?  Bonza!

Greatest I am

Quote from: fencerider on April 18, 2018, 11:36:11 AM
O.P. I see the irony of your tag line contradicting your post.

I think that the technology to fix many of the problems we have has existed for a long time. They wont ever get solved as long as the decision makers are people that don’t know or don’t care.

Unbeliever: I'm a member of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement
I haven’t heard of this movement, but unless we start colonizing space every nation has a one-child policy in its future

Like Gods, we want strong leaders that are on our side, and we do not care enough to vote for caring people as they will force us to care more and do a better job of being human.

We want to share in the glory of the strong instead of working on doing our duty and taking honor in that.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 10:40:18 AM

I have no womb but my wives have.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2018, 01:24:25 PM
Dangerous machines have a dead-man brake.  Nature does too.  The all-die policy  Usually we all die one at a time, but nature would care if it was all die at once.

Even nature, if sentient, would hate extinction level events.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on April 19, 2018, 02:21:45 AM
I chose to not marry and have children.  My genes do not have to spread.  There are enough of us for complete diversity.  Let there become fewer of us for our benefit and the benefit of the planet.

The planet can handle the numbers easily enough, if we care for it instead of continuing to abuse it.

Regards
DL

pr126

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 10:41:29 AM
I have no womb but my wives have.

Regards
DL

I am sorry. Polygamy? Are you a Muslim? Then you can have four.

Good luck.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

Good luck.
Ever hear of divorce????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

QuoteI have no womb but my wives have.

I assumed wives. He did not write wife and ex-wife.

And polygamy is now common everywhere.

Greatest I am

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

Good luck.

I had 2 and she had 2 from previous marriages.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 11:12:13 AM
I assumed wives. He did not write wife and ex-wife.

And polygamy is now common everywhere.

Eh. No.

It is actually rather rare.

Men and women, generally, are not stupid enough to want more than one wife at a time in a home.

Regards
DL

pr126

Some Muslims in U.S. Quietly Engage in Polygamy

QuoteNo one knows how many Muslims in the U.S. live in polygamous families. But according to academics researching the issue, estimates range from 50,000 to 100,000 people.

Men with more than one wife will get extra benefits under new rules

QuoteThere no official figures but it is estimated that there may be as many as 20,000 polygamous marriages in the British Muslim community.

Quran 4:3

Sahih International. And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice]

"those your right hand possesses" are sex slaves who were captured in battles.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 10:35:49 AM

Regards
DL

It was a joke.  And not so funny for the intelligencia ... who are enemies of life (see France, Russia etc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 10:40:18 AM

No offense meant, but that is a bit obtuse, like saying only a mother is a parent.  You should understand the partnership in the same way a woman says "We're pregnant". 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 05, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
It was a joke.  And not so funny for the intelligencia ... who are enemies of life (see France, Russia etc).

My bad for not catching the joke. Perhaps I need to lighten up a bit.

If someone is an enemy of life, then I would not include them in the intelligentsia. They would be too stupid for that.

Regards
DL