Hungarian Elections Won by Far-Right, Xenophobic Party

Started by Shiranu, April 10, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

It is hard to argue that a newspaper that has won 122 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other newspaper,  is inherently biased.  Well, you CAN, but you won't get much respect by doing it. 

Basically, if you want to argue the The NY Times and The Washington Post with their history of breaking actual news supported by facts are "fake news", you have a real problem.  The world is NOT as Fox News describes it.  The world is not as Rupert Murdoch WANTS it to be.  Facts are real and arguing they are not does not (just because you don't like them) change the actual facts. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Sorry, we don't need no stinkin' journalism.  I can find it lot of places, and sometimes a link will take me to a web site of a legacy media.  Sometimes a buggy whip is useful.

And relying on an authority, is simply not something I care to do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I'm perfectly capable of making up my own news, thank you.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 13, 2018, 06:51:17 AM
I'm perfectly capable of making up my own news, thank you.

Some E Coast folks think you aren't cool unless you read certain newspapers or magazines.  And I have read some great articles in The New Yorker ... magazine article writers have the time to put something to paper ... daily newspapers, not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

You could say he sky is blue and those two will still fight about it.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Unbeliever

Yeah, Baruch would want to know why the sky is so sad...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 13, 2018, 01:37:49 PM
Yeah, Baruch would want to know why the sky is so sad...

Actually Baruch would argue that the sky was NOT blue and then question your religious morals for thinking it was not, based on SOME biblical statement saying it was...  Or wasn't according to old languages. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 15, 2018, 03:02:19 AM
Actually Baruch would argue that the sky was NOT blue and then question your religious morals for thinking it was not, based on SOME biblical statement saying it was...  Or wasn't according to old languages.

It actually isn't ... it s an optical illusion created by wavelength differential scattering of light in an otherwise transparent sky.  And all colors are just stuff happening in your retina ... wavelength is real, color is not (the qualia problem).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 15, 2018, 09:11:20 AM
It actually isn't ... it s an optical illusion created by wavelength differential scattering of light in an otherwise transparent sky.  And all colors are just stuff happening in your retina ... wavelength is real, color is not (the qualia problem).

I hate it when people tell me I must read one of your posts.  But no.  The blue sky is a combination of light hitting a mostly nitrogen atmosphere AND a reflection of water.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 19, 2018, 02:29:50 AM
I hate it when people tell me I must read one of your posts.  But no.  The blue sky is a combination of light hitting a mostly nitrogen atmosphere AND a reflection of water.

Maybe, I got my quote off the Internet, where you got yours too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I think the point is that Eastern Europe nations in the EU are beginning to reject the Western Europe democratic views in favor of authoritarian governments AGAIN.  I don't know why.  Perhaps ancient hatreds are pulling at them again, perhaps there isn't a bottom-up democracy demand, perhaps they feel unable to compete and the Western European nations haven't helped them enough. 

Europe as always been a (dare I say "cess-pool") continent of angry peoples fearing their neighbors.  Has there been much peace there without dictor or economic control?  I studied European history.  The only time there is peace there is when some nation or other has gotten an advantage that gave them control. 

I had great hopes for the Common Market and the EEU later.  I think they over-reached and let nations in that weren't ready for it.

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on April 10, 2018, 07:31:30 PM
Try to beam the gay-ray against all the straight folks, and they will retaliate ;-)

What the fuck is this supposed to mean?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on April 24, 2018, 02:08:55 AM

Baruch is just trying to get some attention...

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on April 24, 2018, 02:08:55 AM

Don't eat the soy!

Homophobia isn't going away.  It isn't an ideology, it is a medical condition, like any other phobia.  Fortunately I don't have that phobia, but I have others ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.