Hungarian Elections Won by Far-Right, Xenophobic Party

Started by Shiranu, April 10, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/world/europe/hungary-election-orban-fidesz.html

Some other fun facts about this party...

- Extremely anti-immigrant, and do not allow the media to go anywhere near the barbed-wired fences they are establishing around the country to keep people out.
- Have been criticized by Human Rights Watch and other humanitarian organizations for their actions.
- Are being criticized for their use of political resources and power to silence opposition.
- Are being praised by Gert Wilders, La Pen, the head of the German far-right movement and others for their achievement (which in itself is a "guilty by association" statement of how terrible of human beings these people are).
- Is extremely anti-EU and nationalistic, and one of their key platforms was, "Opposing anything George Soros".

My heart goes out to the Hungarian people, but I have to admit there is some dark comedic irony here that the very boogieman people like pr created is now being used to drag his country back into the regressive, nationalistic, oppressive dark age that forced his family to flee in the first place.

It's funny; it's almost like lying and playing with fire for your own fearmongering can come back to burn you when the winds turn.

You reap what you sow. There is is a reason I have called this shit exactly what it is for years now, and time is proving me right. Hateful men and hateful ideologies do not have happy endings.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

I sure hope the whole damned world isn't about to swing to the far right.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 10, 2018, 06:11:31 PM
I sure hope the whole damned world isn't about to swing to the far right.

Try to beam the gay-ray against all the straight folks, and they will retaliate ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2018, 06:05:46 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/world/europe/hungary-election-orban-fidesz.html

- Deny the validity of the Holocaust.
- Extremely anti-immigrant, and do not allow the media to go anywhere near the barbed-wired fences they are establishing around the country to keep people out.
- Have been criticized by Human Rights Watch and other humanitarian organizations for their actions.
- Are being criticized for their use of political resources and power to silence opposition.
- Are being praised by Gert Wilders, La Pen, the head of the German far-right movement and others for their achievement (which in itself is a "guilty by association" statement of how terrible of human beings these people are).
- Is extremely anti-EU and nationalistic, and one of their key platforms was, "Opposing anything George Soros".

My heart goes out to the Hungarian people, but I have to admit there is some dark comedic irony here that the very boogieman people like pr created is now being used to drag his country back into the regressive, nationalistic, oppressive & anti-semitic dark age that forced his family to flee in the first place.

It's funny; it's almost like lying and playing with fire for your own fearmongering can come back to burn you when the winds turn.

You reap what you sow. There is is a reason I have called this shit exactly what it is for years now, and time is proving me right. Hateful men and hateful ideologies do not have happy endings.

This is no surprise.  The Hungarians were allies of the Nazis in WW II (as was Slovakia and several other C European countries).  Get a map, Sweden isn't the whole of Europe.  Putin doesn't care for Jews or gays either.  Poland won't take dictation from the EU, if it is just a Germany-first club (it is).  Why then would France participate?  They are masochists for German attentions ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

Dumb shits.  Only a wall will keep out immigrants, and it has to be at least 7 feet high...  No wait, that's for deer in the garden.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 11, 2018, 06:59:12 AM
Dumb shits.  Only a wall will keep out immigrants, and it has to be at least 7 feet high...  No wait, that's for deer in the garden.

No, you catch and deport, not release.  This provides lots of jobs for citizens.  The alternative is genocide of one side or the other.  This is the European reality, not the American fantasy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

The four countries (The Visegrad Four) are Poland, Hungary, Chech Republic, And Slovakia.

They have committed the unspeakable sin in the eyes of the globalist (EU in particular) not allowing unlimited Muslim migrants into their countries.

Consequently, they have depicted as Nazis, Xenophobes and every derogatory epithet under the Sun.

Spreading leftist lies about them 24/7 for not complying with the EU rules.
Not playing the game. They are hated for that.

This is what happens when your "reliable" sources are one-sided.

Edit: The reason these countries behaving like this is that they were invaded and ruled by foreign states (Ottomans, Habsburgs, Nazis, Soviets) and they know when an invasion is happening.
They want no more of that if it can be helped.

There is a Jobbik far-right Party, but it is not the Party of Victor Orban which won the election.

Confusing the readers for the "common good" by the bias media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VimtQU_we74

Baruch

Balkans and E Europeans have been fighting Muslims a long time.  They won't be surrendering like France.

Maybe Soros needs to bribe more European politicians?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em1irDX3e04

Why are the EU elites not complaining about China being too Chinese? Japan too Japanese? Korea too Korean?

But Europe must not stay European and white?
Is this not racism and ethnic cleansing?

New World Order in the making.
Where white people are not welcome. (They are difficult to control.)

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on April 12, 2018, 12:05:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em1irDX3e04

Why are the EU elites not complaining about China being too Chinese? Japan too Japanese? Korea too Korean?

But Europe must not stay European and white?
Is this not racism and ethnic cleansing?

Check. Your. Fucking. Sources. Before. Sharing.

So, when you google that story, the only articles sharing that information are Brietbart, Infowars (Alex Jones) and Gates of Vienna.

Mind you, Gates of Vienna is the website that has repeatedly been exposed here for publishing articles that aren't just misrepresentations of reality but are legitimate lies (for example, the government lead library burnings in the name of Islam in Germany that never happened).

Alex "They Put Chemicals in the Water to Turn the Friggin' Frogs Gay!" Jones is hardly something of a credible source either.

The closest to an actual news site that reports this story is RussiaToday, and they claim that this is the remarks of the mayor, Cser-Palkovic, and not a response from the EU itself. However I am struggling to find any legitimate sources of the mayor saying this either... rather the remarks seem to originate from a Hungarian tabloid article that credited to the mayor. When the articles you posted came out, the EU had made no official statement on why the city didn't win. This is not news, this is at best a Mayor being salty that his city didn't win... at worst it is literally tabloid garbage that got taken seriously to people who couldn't spend a minute or two researching what actually happened.

That video, that thankfully has been watched only 4,000 times, is literally someone making a video on the Hungarian equivalent of, "Did Elvis Presley have a Secret Lover who Poisoned him on the Toilet!!! IS OPRAH AN ALIEN!!!" that you would see at your local grocery store and passing it off as real news. But people are too fucking lazy to spend a minute fact checking it and take it as reality, and justify xenophobia, bigotry and hatred because of it.

This isn't "fake news", liberal bias, marxist indoctrination, whatever... this is reality. You have got to spend at least a minute asking yourself, "Does this seem real?" and if the question is, "Maybe..." then fucking research it for at least a minute or two before sharing it. When it takes me literally a minute and a half to discover there is no credible sources, and the only ones that have even a shred of credibility say something different than what you are saying... I'm sorry, but just no. You cant blame anyone other than yourself when you turn out to be wrong.

You are sharing hateful and fear-mongering information without even looking if it's true. There is just no need for that type of toxicity in the world. Your homeland is literally being governed now by politicians who deny the Holocaust and want to divide Europe even further, who won for exactly that reason... they spread hate and fear and no one stopped to see if what they were saying is even true. Surely you more than most should know the danger of that.

Shit, the strongest (or second strongest) country in the world is now run by a buffoon for the exact same reason.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Those Hungarians were considered invaders from the North, 1200 years ago (they are related to the Finns).  Guess the Germans are still pissed about it ;-)

Those people look fine enough to me.  And yes, if RT aka Russia really wants to be multi-ethnic, then let them accept all those migrants into their country, and free the rest of Europe from them ;-))

If Belgian atheists don't like it, the let Belgium take all the immigrants.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteThere is a Jobbik far-right Party, but it is not the Party of Victor Orban which won the election.

Confusing the readers for the "common good" by the bias media.

Shit, you're right. The issue was that even they are to the left of him politically, and that leftists were voting for them just because they aren't as far-right and authoritarian as he was.

That's not media bias, that was me fucking up. I'll fix that now.

pr126

QuoteThose Hungarians were considered invaders from the North, 1200 years ago (they are related to the Finns).

Wrong.

QuoteAbstract: "Hungarians are unique among the other European populations because according to history, the ancient Magyars had come from the eastern side of the Ural Mountains and settled down in the Carpathian basin in the 9th century AD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_prehistory

FYI  I was born in Hungary.

Baruch

"which started with the separation of the Hungarian language from other Finno-Ugric or Ugric languages around 800 BC, and ended with the Hungarian conquest of the Carpathian Basin around 895 AD." ... from Wiki you linked to.

You are British now, so hush ...

Not that there is anything wrong with being Hungarian, or Finnish ... or Jewish.  But you Europeans have very long and contentious memories, and a variety of chauvinism that we don't have in America.

Perhaps we need to return Hungary to the Pannonians?  They were related to the Illyrians aka Yugoslavs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Ah Shiranu, accuses PR of spreading misinformation from unreliable and bias sources, starts the whole thread using nytimes as a source :-)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin