FOX News: News You Can Trust (or Not)

Started by SGOS, April 09, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 10, 2018, 07:43:30 AM
No, accidental journalism. If they had been paying attention that graphic wouldn't have been shown.

Perhaps.  Usually graphs are used to mislead .. by clipping and rescaling.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I think Walter Cronkite may still be the most trusted man in America, even though he's long gone.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 06:14:01 PM
Ironically by showing a graphic that conveys them to be untrustworthy, they committed an act of trustworthy journalism

Well sheeeeeet...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 10, 2018, 01:18:01 PM
I think Walter Cronkite may still be the most trusted man in America, even though he's long gone.

Trust is long gone.  When LBJ lost Cronkite, he lost Vietnam ... and when America lost Cronkite, we were only left with the followers of gonzo journalism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 10, 2018, 07:41:21 AM
The purpose of the media is to brainwash the people's mind and they are very successful at doing this.
There no longer is a free and independent medis to tell us the realities.
The media make us believe what they tell and almost all the people tend to believe what is told without questioning.
If the people had the ability of questioning, they was an opportunity to change the present world order.

When the facts are not in your favor, the only thing is to jump up rip off branches and yell and scream. 

Now, if you would like to discuss facts, I am full-willing.  But you better make sure they are actual facts and not just stuff you wish was true or we will tear you apart...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!