FOX News: News You Can Trust (or Not)

Started by SGOS, April 09, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I got a kick out of this:  Fox News accidentally displayed a graphic showing it is the least trusted cable network.  The graphic that came up on screen showed results from another question, about what cable news outlets respondents trusted more. Fox News was last at 30%, behind CNN and MSNBC,

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/apr/09/fox-news-accidentally-displays-graphic-showing-it-is-least-trusted-cable-network

Baruch

But irrelevant, since people's opinions of X are just ape grunts.

Trust = faith, something atheists aren't supposed to have.

I don't trust any single news outlet, I comparison shop, but never buy in.

I make up my own narrative, I don't let someone else do that for me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Yes opinions are ape grunts, but FOX accidently showed the ape grunts they didn't want you to see, while attempting to cherry pick the more desirable ape grunts of the same survey.  FOX was just trying to skew the grunts.  The article was more humorous than informative.  It's about the FOXflub, not what the apes are saying.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2018, 01:01:50 PM
Trust = faith, something atheists aren't supposed to have.
Atheists can have trust in various things, we just have no faith that a god exists.
QuoteI make up my own narrative, I don't let someone else do that for me.
Yeah, I've often noticed that...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gilgamesh

Ironically by showing a graphic that conveys them to be untrustworthy, they committed an act of trustworthy journalism

GSOgymrat

Fox News host slams incorrect reports saying graphic showed network is least trusted

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/09/fox-news-host-slams-incorrect-reports-saying-graphic-showed-network-less-trusted-than-cnn-msnbc/

Fox News host Howard Kurtz blasted reports that said his Sunday show mistakenly posted a graphic that showed the cable network is less trusted than its competitors. ...

The three cable networks were not being compared to each other; instead, poll respondents were asked to compare each network to Trump as a trusted source of information.

Monmouth found that 30 percent of people trust Fox News more than they trust President Trump; 20 percent of poll respondents said trust the president more than they do the network. Thirty-seven percent said they trust both equally.

This is an obvious explanation: Fox’s viewership leans conservative, so it’s more likely to believe what Trump says â€" even more than its preferred cable news channel. That CNN and MSNBC viewers place more trust in their outlet over Trump is probably more a reflection of their viewers not trusting Trump rather than the relative quality of their journalism. ...

SGOS

That could be. And I did wonder how in the world that Trump stuff on the side with it's own percentages related to the rest of the graphic.  If Kurtz's defense was honest, I can chalk it off as just a poor graphic that begs to be misinterpreted.  Damit all.  Now I really don't know what the apes are really thinking, and I'll be a nervous wreck all day tomorrow and the next day.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 09, 2018, 01:39:49 PM
Atheists can have trust in various things, we just have no faith that a god exists.Yeah, I've often noticed that...

Well you can always be someone's sock puppet ... if you like that sort of thing.

Of course Fox stuff is idiotic.  No contest there.

Gullibility is ... theistic neutral.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 06:14:01 PM
Ironically by showing a graphic that conveys them to be untrustworthy, they committed an act of trustworthy journalism

but ... they are clearly White Racist Nazi V-Alien Pedophilic Sub-Humans.  Right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 09, 2018, 09:46:35 PM
That could be. And I did wonder how in the world that Trump stuff on the side with it's own percentages related to the rest of the graphic.  If Kurtz's defense was honest, I can chalk it off as just a poor graphic that begs to be misinterpreted.  Damit all.  Now I really don't know what the apes are really thinking, and I'll be a nervous wreck all day tomorrow and the next day.

Two things apes always think about ... the opposite sex and bananas ... sometimes both ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2018, 10:21:32 PM
Two things apes always think about ... the opposite sex and bananas ... sometimes both ...
Well, that helps a little.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 09, 2018, 10:26:09 PM
Well, that helps a little.

If you win a Darwin award, it should mean, you managed to reproduce one or more half copies of yourself.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

The purpose of the media is to brainwash the people's mind and they are very successful at doing this.
There no longer is a free and independent medis to tell us the realities.
The media make us believe what they tell and almost all the people tend to believe what is told without questioning.
If the people had the ability of questioning, they was an opportunity to change the present world order.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 06:14:01 PM
No, accidental journalism. If they had been paying attention that graphic wouldn't have been shown.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on April 10, 2018, 07:41:21 AM
The purpose of the media is to brainwash the people's mind and they are very successful at doing this.
There no longer is a free and independent medis to tell us the realities.
The media make us believe what they tell and almost all the people tend to believe what is told without questioning.
If the people had the ability of questioning, they was an opportunity to change the present world order.

This isn't new ... controlling the narrative was important since the 16th century once printing and literacy boomed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.