Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

One of my new favourite thinkers

Started by Gilgamesh, April 07, 2018, 07:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFXsxGbY-w

Davis Aurini

I'm not going to give a synopsis of the videos content. This is a low quality post. But some of you guys may find this guy to be edifying on all sorts of things. I'm thinking both Baruch and pr126 will definitely think so. Though this video in particular I don't think any of you here would find readily objectionable.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gilgamesh

Sal1981

We'll see how well his predictions of a world war 3 will start within 5 years ... oh wait, this vid was posted 5 years ago ...

Anyways, given how the U.S. president Trump is fucking things up with a trade war with everyone else - his predictions might come to fruition, of an actual world war, just not right away.

Gilgamesh

I also didn't watch the entire video when I posted this. In fact he says things which undoubtedly a lot of you here would find objectionable lol.

I like his old videos better. He had a cool fashion aesthetic and was atheist. Always a black suit or leather.

I think he's a christian now. Not that I care. Years ago I concluded that ones atheism does not make them my brother.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 08:05:43 AM
I also didn't watch the entire video when I posted this. In fact he says things which undoubtedly a lot of you here would find objectionable lol.

I like his old videos better. He had a cool fashion aesthetic and was atheist. Always a black suit or leather.

I think he's a christian now. Not that I care. Years ago I concluded that ones atheism does not make them my brother.

Well ... if he was smoking 5 years ago, he is probably dead now ... is that provocative enough?  I go directly contrary to him regarding history ... even well researched history like what some here advocate.  Story telling and propaganda is what it is all about, because humans can't predict shit, and our analysis of the past is rationalization, and that isn't worth much either.  Reality is irrational, yet empirical, for my POV.  And absolutely has to be based on human psychology (as far as humans go).  Thinking people can think outside of the human boundary ... is theology ... and humans individually and collectively are too self interested not to be corrupt as Hell.

Now as far as predicting goes ... yes, it is quite possible, given that the neo-libs and neo-cons and other globalist scum are trashing civilization for fun and profit ... yes, nothing good can come from that.  The way to survive is to tone down the aggression a lot, which requires toning down the ambition a lot (sorry SJWs), being pragmatic vs empirical reality, using reason where possible but not making a fetish of it, and cooperating whenever possible.  Even with that, we are probably 6 billion people too planet heavy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 08:05:43 AM

I dislike/distrust anyone who was an atheist and now is not.  Proof of crazy...  And I'm not real big on crazy...

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 11:15:28 PM
I dislike/distrust anyone who was an atheist and now is not.  Proof of crazy...  And I'm not real big on crazy...

I'd say that's true most of the time. Rather, I'd say that the vast majority of the time people claim to be former atheists, they are doing so for motive OTHER than because they want to describe a truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJCuYvC7gKE

Baruch

Shorter video.  At least the whisky on the rocks was a better touch than the cigarette ;-)

Gilgamesh, are you as bitter as he is?

Yes, American culture sucks, but then I am a Brite, I don't belong here with the rest of you troglodytes (sarc).

How can these self-deluded degenerates think that progress has been made over the last 50 years?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 11:15:28 PM

It's not as simple as a person being crazy, stupid, or gullible. Human psychology is a complicated thing. People are simply open to manipulation, and if they're not careful, they may over time surrender their mental faculties to accept a lie. TheraminTrees has a good video on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaUhR-tRkHY
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

Aurini in particular has always considered himself right-wing and (I think) a western/christian 'values' traditionalist. That's who he was, and is, and that's who his friends were, and are. Considering this, one could say it was only a matter of time before he left atheism.

Baruch

Blackleaf ... so yes, a good study, showing how religions and political parties work.  Other than cynically rejecting all authority (as I seem to do) what is your defense as adults?  And I also know about demonizing ... for example politicians as a group.  They seem most threatening, so are the focus of fear.  A dictator being the worst case, because then we are focused on a single individual.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Frankly I was expecting a picture of me........prick.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

People who change their views easily are not to be trusted.  It CAN happen, I suppose, but I've never seen it stick for long.