News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Antifa Threat

Started by Baruch, April 06, 2018, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 06:37:29 AM
I've been an atheist all my life.  I seen twits like you come and go.  Some are false atheists and recently, some are bots.  It isn't going to change anything about the way I think and it isn't going to change anything about how I live my routine atheist life or how I post. 

Your insults are water off the duck's back to me.  I've seen much better ones and I really don't care.  If your intent is to wreck the site, do your best.  It won't change MY life.

Assertion: You are attempting to frame me as something other than an atheist on this, an atheist board, so as to gain support of the collective to come fight the good fight against your opposition. That both our atheism is completely irrelevant to this discussion lends credence to this hypothesis.

If this is true, this would indicate that you are a weak-minded little coward.

And it is true, and you are a weak-minded little twerp. A weak-minded little twerp encompassed in a frail old body whos years should've seen him become more than that. It's a sad thing but not uncommon in this sad, sick world.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 06:41:47 AM
Assertion: You are attempting to frame me as something other than an atheist on this, an atheist board, so as to gain support of the collective to come fight the good fight against your opposition. That both our atheism is completely irrelevant to this discussion lends credence to this hypothesis.

If this is true, this would indicate that you are a weak-minded little coward.

And it is true, and you are a weak-minded little twerp. A weak-minded little twerp encompassed in a frail old body whos years should've seen him become more than that. It's a sad thing but not uncommon in this sad, sick world.

So what exactly IS your complaint about me if we are both atheists?  I am becoming vaguely curious.  If there is something we generally disagree about, please be specific.  Because quite frankly, I don't know who the heck you ARE or why you are so angry at me.    At least give me your reasons, LOL!

Make your self great, explain what big disagreement we have. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 06:51:24 AM
So what exactly IS your complaint about me if we are both atheists?  I am becoming vaguely curious.  If there is something we generally disagree about, please be specific.
Read the first page in this thread. You have memory problems. We were disagreeing on something that has nothing to do with atheism just fine. You red-herringed 'atheism' out of your asshole.

Your implication that because we're both atheists means we must agree on all or most things is a cop-out. You know why you brought up atheism, and it wasn't because that's what you think, you disingenuous little weakling.

Now, certainly you believe all atheists *should* agree on all or most things, because you're a simple man who wants a simple tribe, all patting eachother on the back for their mutual agreement - but you know, despite your desire, that this is not what atheism is.

I'm not going to analyse your character any more. You expressed desire to get back to that specific thing we had contention on, and so, believing that expression to be one made in good faith, I'll steer it back there:

You posited that because antifa defines itself as anti-facism, it is necessarily the case that thats what it is, and it is also necessarily the case that its detractors are the anti-thesis of it - making antifas detractors, in your logic, necessarily pro-fascism.

Now, this position is self-evidently absurd, but I entered an analogy to combat it:

Nazi's defined themselves as good. Following your logic, coming from a position that nazis were bad is now necessarily wrong - and if you think nazis were wrong, you are necessarily pro-evil because evil is antithetical to good - which nazis defined themselves as.

Upon reading, and hopefully comprehending this, do you renounce your original position, or do you have a counter-argument?

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 07:06:02 AM
Read the first page in this thread. You have memory problems. We were disagreeing on something that has nothing to do with atheism just fine. You red-herringed 'atheism' out of your asshole.

Your implication that because we're both atheists means we must agree on all or most things is a cop-out. You know why you brought up atheism, and it wasn't because that's what you think, you disingenuous little weakling.

Now, certainly you believe all atheists *should* agree on all or most things, because you're a simple man who wants a simple tribe, all patting eachother on the back for their mutual agreement - but you know, despite your desire, that this is not what atheism is.

I'm not going to analyse your character any more. You expressed desire to get back to that specific thing we had contention on, and so, believing that expression to be one made in good faith, I'll steer it back there:

You posited that because antifa defines itself as anti-facism, it is necessarily the case that thats what it is, and it is also necessarily the case that its detractors are the anti-thesis of it - making antifas detractors, in your logic, necessarily pro-fascism.

Now, this position is self-evidently absurd, but I entered an analogy to combat it:

Nazi's defined themselves as good. Following your logic, coming from a position that nazis were bad is now necessarily wrong - and if you think nazis were wrong, you are necessarily pro-evil because evil is antithetical to good - which nazis defined themselves as.

Upon reading, and hopefully comprehending this, do you renounce your original position, or do you have a counter-argument?

Wow, you are one of the strangest people I have ever met.  What did I originally say that offended you to  terribly?  Apparently, I insulted you  I expect it was desreved. but I have no recollection of it.

This is becoming odd,  I still don't have the slightest idea of who you are.  Is THAT it?.  You want my recognition?

Gilgamesh

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 07:06:02 AM

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 07:26:08 AM

And that is a BAD picture of my favorite companions....  Seriously, what is the argument here.  *I* can keep this up all night and day...

Oh, I get it again,  you must be a bot, so no logical arguement presented.  Is that the way you want to go in this irrational attack?

Gilgamesh

Cavebear

The last resort of someome losing a argument is to show a cat.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
lol no they aren't. American conservatives, when juxtaposed with american leftists, are revealed to be supremely anti-authoritarian. It's you fucks who want to give the government more power because you're all so naive of history that you don't realise giving the government power to reconcile a perceived problem in society only creates a new and bigger problem. Context and complexity go out the window with you people. It's all about 'feel good' politics. The solution that 'sounds' the best has to be the correct one, of course! It's so simple! You think every ill in society just needs government intervention, thereby growing the beast bigger and bigger, failing to realise the authoritarianism you hate so much is the very thing you're feeding.

Your average 55 year old 'Republican' conservatard want to grow the government in some areas, sure, AND STILL it's no where near the level that insane leftists want it.

But your average conservative youth in america? They are even more weary of government than their fathers. I've never met an american conservative under the age of 25 that wants to grow the government in any way, shape or form.

Older Cold War conservatives, believed that giving the government absolute power, was temporarily necessary, to stop foreign enemies and destroy internal opposition.  Basically John Birch Society types.  But that isn't what we have had recently, though the George W administration was an echo of that, because his father was a Cold War guy.  The generals are always fighting the last war ... hence the need to do Cold War 2.0.

Libertarians today (who are conservative) aren't necessarily reactionary, aren't necessarily Cold Warriors.  They realize, back to the early US history, that a strong central government isn't a single edged sword, that it cuts both ways.  If one party uses tyranny, then with the next turn of events, the oppressed party can take revenge.  Then to prevent that, it is necessary to suspend elections, or to simply declare a dictatorship (in favor of one's own faction).  Essentially this is Robespierre or Lenin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 07:42:21 AM
The last resort of someome losing a argument is to show a cat.

Have you read my message?