Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Antifa Threat

Started by Baruch, April 06, 2018, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zosKTK6yv7Y

SDS 2.0 with Weathermen/Symbionese Liberation Army

Sounds like MK Ultra to me, is Antifa just a cats paw for extreme Right?  Weren't most 60s protest leaders, FBI agents?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Any group, I don't care what side or ideology or belief it is, grooming mentally undeveloped people or children, is fucked up in every conceivable way.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Let's make sure we understand what "anti-fa" actually means.  It means anti-facist

Per Wikipedia "The movement draws in part from a tradition of anti-fascism in the United States which stretches back a century, tracing its roots to the 1920s and 1930s, when militant leftists were involved in battles against American pro-Nazi organizations such as the Friends of New Germany".  So if you claim to be "anti-fa" you are promoting a liberal democratic tradition.

I hope that is sufficient to organize the discussion.  If you want to be pro-facist, fine, argue for it.  But don't try to make it some liberal ideology just not liking conservative views.  Because I won't let you get away with THAT.  Nazis are not the same as conservatives, but some conservatives are very much like Nazis in the basic ideology of National Populism.  As is Trump.  As are most of his advisors.  As is his family.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Liberals aren't anti-fascist, they are liberal fascist rather than conservative fascist.  These new guys are American fascists (just not the German kind).  All industrial societies are fascist (authoritarian) ... try not paying the IRS.  Founding Father liberalism ended in the US about 100 years ago.

Not all industrial societies are communist (ending private property).  Germany and Italy were fascist (as was the US, GB etc).  Soviet Union back then, was communist (and fascist).  Being anti-fascist was lingo then for being a communist (aka Stalin better than Hitler) ... or anti-Axis.

But this isn't 80 years ago.  We have to address the present.  I assume, Cavebear, is that you are anti-authoritarian.  An anti-fascist ... would be an anarchist (today).  Liberal and anarchist aren't the same either.  You could be anarchist in favor of old time values, rather than SJW fantasies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 03:22:29 AM
Let's make sure we understand what "anti-fa" actually means.  It means anti-facist

Per Wikipedia "The movement draws in part from a tradition of anti-fascism in the United States which stretches back a century, tracing its roots to the 1920s and 1930s, when militant leftists were involved in battles against American pro-Nazi organizations such as the Friends of New Germany".  So if you claim to be "anti-fa" you are promoting a liberal democratic tradition.

I hope that is sufficient to organize the discussion.  If you want to be pro-facist, fine, argue for it.  But don't try to make it some liberal ideology just not liking conservative views.  Because I won't let you get away with THAT.  Nazis are not the same as conservatives, but some conservatives are very much like Nazis in the basic ideology of National Populism.  As is Trump.  As are most of his advisors.  As is his family.

What a group calls itself has 0 bearing on what it is.

Nazi's defined themselves as good. Following your logic, coming from a position that nazis were bad is now necessarily wrong - and if you think nazis were wrong, you are necessarily pro-evil because evil is antithetical to good - which nazis defined themselves as.

QuoteBut don't try to make it some liberal ideology just not liking conservative views.

They are not liberals, certainly. antifa are communists, and communists define liberalism as necessarily right-wing and fascist. Communists opinions of liberals, which is, "liberals are useful idiots" turns into "liberals get the bullet, too" when communists get into power.

Gilgamesh

Given the overwhelming evidence that points to antifa being shitty and wrong in every way possible;

if you are still sympathetic to antifa in 2018 you are either grossly misinformed, or are just a shitty person.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 05:26:49 AM
Given the overwhelming evidence that points to antifa being shitty and wrong in every way possible;

if you are still sympathetic to antifa in 2018 you are either grossly misinformed, or are just a shitty person.

Does it even get to you that "anti'fa" means  "non-nazi"  and that by opposing it means you are "pro-nazi?    If that is what you think, you can claim it but I really won't concern myself about your opinion after that.

Cavebear

Just as an afterthought, is the pay for being a bot very good?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 03:22:29 AM
but some conservatives are very much like Nazis in the basic ideology of National Populism.  As is Trump.  As are most of his advisors.  As is his family.

lol no they aren't. American conservatives, when juxtaposed with american leftists, are revealed to be supremely anti-authoritarian. It's you fucks who want to give the government more power because you're all so naive of history that you don't realise giving the government power to reconcile a perceived problem in society only creates a new and bigger problem. Context and complexity go out the window with you people. It's all about 'feel good' politics. The solution that 'sounds' the best has to be the correct one, of course! It's so simple! You think every ill in society just needs government intervention, thereby growing the beast bigger and bigger, failing to realise the authoritarianism you hate so much is the very thing you're feeding.

Your average 55 year old 'Republican' conservatard want to grow the government in some areas, sure, AND STILL it's no where near the level that insane leftists want it.

But your average conservative youth in america? They are even more weary of government than their fathers. I've never met an american conservative under the age of 25 that wants to grow the government in any way, shape or form.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 05:39:36 AM
Just as an afterthought, is the pay for being a bot very good?

You are easily one of the dumbest people on this forum. Worse than that, though, is that you take pride in it. Engaging the ideas antithetical to your own? Nah, fuck that. Just attack the character of the source of these ideas.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 05:44:20 AM
You are easily one of the dumbest people on this forum. Worse than that, though, is that you take pride in it. Engaging the ideas antithetical to your own? Nah, fuck that. Just attack the character of the source of these ideas.

Coming from you, I will take that as almost a compliment.  If you are THAT fanatically disagreeing with an atheist like me, that means you probably have some problems or conflicts or issues here and I am not the main one.  I would be pleased to discuss that issue with you in any detail.

I ignore personal insults myself.

Cavebear

I think you make my point...

Gilgamesh

Kay.. I'm just going to pretend from here on out that your irrelevant meanderings aren't a thing that even plague these boards. Half the time you are making 0 sense; the other half you are posting while deliberately ignoring the arguments levied against you in preceding posts.

Cavebear

The crying drawings are interesting.  Do your posts make you cry so often?  But if we can get back to some logic, that might be nice.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 07, 2018, 06:22:32 AM
Kay.. I'm just going to pretend from here on out that your irrelevant meanderings aren't a thing that even plague these boards. Half the time you are making 0 sense; the other half you are posting while deliberately ignoring the arguments levied against you in preceding posts.

I've been an atheist all my life.  I seen twits like you come and go.  Some are false atheists and recently, some are bots.  It isn't going to change anything about the way I think and it isn't going to change anything about how I live my routine atheist life or how I post. 

Your insults are water off the duck's back to me.  I've seen much better ones and I really don't care.  If your intent is to wreck the site, do your best.  It won't change MY life.