The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

Started by Greatest I am, April 06, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

@GreatestIAm, just out of curiosity, what evidence would it take for you to reconsider the historical existence of Jesus?  I mean, IF here COULD be some thing that proved there wasn't such a person, what would it be? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 10:21:45 PM
As long as you remember that what you do and don't believe is of no relevance to anyone but yourself.

I won't argue that you believe in telepathy, or that you believe you've experienced it, but that's not the same as myself or anyone else accepting the idea that it actually happened.  It's not knowledge or evidence if it's not independently repeatable and verifiable by any observer.

This also applies to your ideas and feelings too.  I don't believe you, because a scientific community didn't verify them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 05, 2018, 03:13:57 PM
The basis of my comment was the "un-controversy" between "sudden" and "slow" enlightenment in Chinese Buddhism.  There are smart people all over, all thru history.  Some are alive today.  Such people should be sought out, and listened to (yeah for YouTube etc) ... because one life isn't long enough for someone to invent civilization from scratch.  We have to stand on the shoulders of others to see farther.

However that doesn't accrue to my credit, that I see farther, because I know why I can (that human pyramid I am temporarily at the top of).  On the other hand, lexicographer Samuel Johnson said he could learn something new from anyone.  So don't despise the village idiot standing next to you ... he may be Zeus in disguise ;-)

We are comparable in age, I don't have much time left.  So I work like a Trojan at improving myself.  People like Champollion (decipherer of Hieroglyphic) inspire me.  I am reading a biography of him now, to complement my ancient Egyptian study.

I studied Hebrew (presently teaching it), Aramaic, Babylonian, Canaanite (Ugaritic), Arabic and ancient Egyptian over the last 12 months alone.  And I have studied those before, I benefit from re-study.  I am an Indiana Jones of words/ideas.  And I have the official movie hat to prove it!

"So don't despise the village idiot standing next to you ... "

I hear you.

Many times I hear people bad mouth the bible and would scrap it. Even though I come down hard against religions of the Abrahamic traditions, I would not suggest we scrap the bible/village idiot.

On the contrary, I tell people that the best way to lose belief or faith is to read the bible.

Doing so shows to the honest reader what a prick Yahweh is and that that knowledge is quite good in developing a moral sense.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

I agree, I'm all for people reading the Bible, it's what made me quit believing in the Christian version of God. Logic made me quit believing in the other types of gods.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Greatest I am

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 10:21:45 PM
As long as you remember that what you do and don't believe is of no relevance to anyone but yourself.

I won't argue that you believe in telepathy, or that you believe you've experienced it, but that's not the same as myself or anyone else accepting the idea that it actually happened.  It's not knowledge or evidence if it's not independently repeatable and verifiable by any observer.

True.

Here is an example where it is being repeated, granted, at a much lower level or intensity than what I claim. Not to convince you. Just for your files and to bring you up to date.

A start at the 20 min. mark will save you some time although it all relates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6yLngNnDY

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 10:40:31 PM
@GreatestIAm, just out of curiosity, what evidence would it take for you to reconsider the historical existence of Jesus?  I mean, IF here COULD be some thing that proved there wasn't such a person, what would it be? 

There is evidence of a historic Jesus but not as described in the bible. Let me rephrase. There are more than one archetypal Jesus shown in the bible. One created by Rome and the other created by the scribes or copied elsewhere. That one is more of an Eastern mystic.

They have found a bone box that they think came from his family crypt, so a Jesus did live, but not a miracle working Jesus. That Jesus floated into heaven body and all so I don't know what Christians are making of his bone box. Likely saying it must be a forgery. Lies over lies over lies.

In short, to answer your ----"just out of curiosity, what evidence would it take for you to reconsider the historical existence of Jesus?"

If that miracle working Jesus appeared in front of me, and since I think Yahweh/Jesus, God or not was near me, I would do my best to kill the son of a bitch.

As to proving that a miracle working Jesus did not exist, that is a logical fallacy and is impossible to prove.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 07, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
I agree, I'm all for people reading the Bible, it's what made me quit believing in the Christian version of God. Logic made me quit believing in the other types of gods.

Part of your reply is why I sometimes us this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRy29R4gP8

Regards
DL

trdsf

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 01:45:12 PM
True.

Here is an example where it is being repeated, granted, at a much lower level or intensity than what I claim. Not to convince you. Just for your files and to bring you up to date.
I've already pointed out my problem with 'Through the Wormhole' as a source.  And thank you, but I am up to date.  As it happens, I do keep half an eye on parapsychological research, from some research I did when I was trying to work out as plausible a way as I could to have telepathy work in a science fiction story I was working on.

Please stop assuming that I don't agree with you because I'm incompletely informed.  I don't agree with you because the evidence points away from your assertion.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 01:53:32 PM
In short, to answer your ----"just out of curiosity, what evidence would it take for you to reconsider the historical existence of Jesus?"
As to proving that a miracle working Jesus did not exist, that is a logical fallacy and is impossible to prove.

Well, that's my point, thank you.  Do you still believe in a religious Jesus?

Greatest I am

Quote from: trdsf on May 07, 2018, 03:49:26 PM
I've already pointed out my problem with 'Through the Wormhole' as a source.  And thank you, but I am up to date.  As it happens, I do keep half an eye on parapsychological research, from some research I did when I was trying to work out as plausible a way as I could to have telepathy work in a science fiction story I was working on.

Please stop assuming that I don't agree with you because I'm incompletely informed.  I don't agree with you because the evidence points away from your assertion.

Have you seem the mental control toys they are coming out with?

That is how telepathy works.

I think that all of our minds can pick up those waves but have blockers set up as, at full intensity, melding minds is quite disturbing. That may be why what is usually reported is just a light touch.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 06:47:41 AM
Well, that's my point, thank you.  Do you still believe in a religious Jesus?

I think Jesus is an archetypal good man as depicted in the Chrestian religion that existed before Christianity absorbed/destroyed that thinking system when they stupidly separated God from man and put him in the sky instead of leaving the God concept in us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rAt-PAkgqls

You might have noted that the bible shows more than one Jesus.

One is a Rome created pacifist wimp and another, that I like, who is more of an Eastern mystic type that wants to free us from religions and supernatural Gods while the other Jesus that Christians see tries to slave us to religions and God.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
Have you seem the mental control toys they are coming out with?

That is how telepathy works.

I think that all of our minds can pick up those waves but have blockers set up as, at full intensity, melding minds is quite disturbing. That may be why what is usually reported is just a light touch.

What waves?  What telepathy?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 09:01:15 AM
What waves?  What telepathy?

I will let you google those mental controlled toys.

Even the military is playing with mental control of firing systems etc.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:07:00 AM
I will let you google those mental controlled toys.

Even the military is playing with mental control of firing systems etc.

Regards
DL

In other words, you haven't got a shred of support for your posted claim.

Im not surprised.  There really isn't any.

If you DO come up with anything resembling evidence, please do post it for our amusement.

Hmmm. was "our" meant in the royal or in the collective sense?  I'm not sure after looking at it.  LOL, "waves hand limply to the crowd)...

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 10:18:44 AM
In other words, you haven't got a shred of support for your posted claim.

Im not surprised.  There really isn't any.

If you DO come up with anything resembling evidence, please do post it for our amusement.

Hmmm. was "our" meant in the royal or in the collective sense?  I'm not sure after looking at it.  LOL, "waves hand limply to the crowd)...

You are too lazy to do your own leg work and have to have others guide your thinking.

You are worse than a child.

I have no more time for you here or elsewhere. Please ignore me if your childishness will let you.

Regards
D