Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2018, 04:23:21 PM
This is really outrageous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2ngGqXp18

I think the solution to the catholic church's problems is to recognize the pederasty is not a theistic problem but a legal one.  Their response should be report it to the police, not the cardinal.

I assume it is a long-held fight and habit of the catholic church to stay free of European monarchy's control.  And also, quite frankly, that power is not easily given up.

But when child-abusers (or adult-abusers for that matter) are given 10th and 20th chances to redeem themselves through prayer and seek forgiveness through some mythical being (hey, I have to be me), it is time to force change from the outside. 

When the secular authorities start to enforce the law and investigate the churches criminally, the whole house of cards will come a tumbling down.  And the sooner the better!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

I want attorney's general to open the secret vaults of corruption in every state. 

Every state.

Enough of this shit. 

It's not the crime but the cover-up, and the church is blatant and in your face cover-up mode, and have been for decades.

Cavebear

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 16, 2018, 09:55:35 PM
I want attorney's general to open the secret vaults of corruption in every state. 

Every state.

Enough of this shit. 

It's not the crime but the cover-up, and the church is blatant and in your face cover-up mode, and have been for decades.

Let the truth come out all over the world.  Crimes hidden in churches should stop being hidden.  Religions are not free of laws.  They should not be free of legal consequences, taxes, charges of fraud, charges of scams, charges of falsifications, and be subject to secular judicial systems.

Unbeliever

Some people seem to believe that "freedom of religion" means they can damn well do as they please. We need to disabuse them of that notion, somehow.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 01:53:51 PM
Some people seem to believe that "freedom of religion" means they can damn well do as they please. We need to disabuse them of that notion, somehow.

On the right track!  Now just convince them that Earthly laws are actually real. 

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 01:53:51 PM

Some people seem to believe tat "freedom of speech" only applies to Democrats.  We need to disabuse them of that notion, somehow.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.