Catholic Church SCRAMBLING After Pope Questions Existence of Hell

Started by Unbeliever, April 04, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Greatest I am

Insult after injury.

The real further rape producing crime and crime in general in these cases, is the parents, judges and lawyers, turning the child victim and his assault into a plain old pay fore play prostitution scam by accepting hush money that allows the perpetrators to just move on to his next victim.

The young victim is insulted further after his assault by his own parents and the system.

There aught to be a law against that creation of victims.

If I had an appropriate site, I would start a Me Too list and get some class action suits going.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

I think their new pope, Francis, was an attempt to put a nicer face on their cult. It's probably worked to a large extent, too, but I'm not fooled. The only difference between a mainstream religion and a cult is the size of their voting block.
God Not Found

Greatest I am

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 26, 2018, 05:50:26 PM
I think their new pope, Francis, was an attempt to put a nicer face on their cult. It's probably worked to a large extent, too, but I'm not fooled. The only difference between a mainstream religion and a cult is the size of their voting block.

Cults tend to not have the reputation for Inquisitions and Jihads that the mainstream religions do.

It seems that the rank and file only like the really mean bastards for their gods.

They love to hate everyone their gods hate as they share that emotion with them. Bastards.

Regards
DL

Unbeliever

Quote from: Anne LamottYou can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
God Not Found

Cavebear

All religions are essentially cults.  Some have many followers but they all have one thing in common.  They have a superstitious basis for their claims, they demand obedience in the face of facts, they falsify history in their favor.

And especially, they fight for control over earthly mortal humans for pride, profit, or control.  If there were no religions, the people in currently in charge of them would be standard political leaders and many would be dictators. 

You can't ignore the fact that religious leaders get to the top of their religions the same way regular politicians get to the top of National governments.  They fight, scheme, use the beliefs of the masses, gain control of funds, and demand sovereignty.

I seriously doubt that any religious leader REALLY believes in their religion any more than I do.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:11:25 AM
All religions are essentially cults.  Some have many followers but they all have one thing in common.  They have a superstitious basis for their claims, they demand obedience in the face of facts, they falsify history in their favor.

And especially, they fight for control over earthly mortal humans for pride, profit, or control.  If there were no religions, the people in currently in charge of them would be standard political leaders and many would be dictators. 

You can't ignore the fact that religious leaders get to the top of their religions the same way regular politicians get to the top of National governments.  They fight, scheme, use the beliefs of the masses, gain control of funds, and demand sovereignty.

I seriously doubt that any religious leader REALLY believes in their religion any more than I do.

Correct.  Religion is a form of politics.  Will we ban politics?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 02:11:25 AM

No argument against your view. I like to think I am an example that goes against the grain of your last.

I believe in the method for enlightenment that the Jesus I follow sells.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on August 27, 2018, 07:31:31 AM
Correct.  Religion is a form of politics.  Will be ban politics?

A ban on religions would help us maintain our more moral secular law.

Religions slow our moral evolution.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 27, 2018, 08:49:43 AM
No argument against your view. I like to think I am an example that goes against the grain of your last.

I believe in the method for enlightenment that the Jesus I follow sells.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Welcome back (and I DO love your avatar).  But how typical to plant some evangelism in your post.  Did you really thing that quoting a few references to biblical nonsense would matter to me?

Caverbear 5-30:  And lo, the superstitious shall be struck from the world as cicadas are crushed by cars in their season.

Actually, that is more real than your bible... 

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on August 27, 2018, 09:26:31 AM
Welcome back (and I DO love your avatar).  But how typical to plant some evangelism in your post.  Did you really thing that quoting a few references to biblical nonsense would matter to me?

It shows you a part of what the church never promotes as it is designed to free people from the slavery of religions which is of course not what they want.

I thought that freeing people from that slavery was one of the reasons you posted. I guess I was wrong.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 27, 2018, 09:33:59 AM
It shows you a part of what the church never promotes as it is designed to free people from the slavery of religions which is of course not what they want.

I thought that freeing people from that slavery was one of the reasons you posted. I guess I was wrong.

Regards
DL

Not so fast...  Your statement "...designed to free people from the slavery of religions which is of course not what they want." is contradictory.  You either mis-stated your point or are trying to slide something by.

And THAT is a reason I post (and read posts).

Unbeliever

Quote from: Greatest I am on August 27, 2018, 08:49:43 AM
The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children.

Then what did Jesus mean when he said, in Matthew 18:3:

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

???
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2018, 01:22:31 PM

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

???

LOL!  Good one...  I have to love a phrase turned against fools.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 27, 2018, 01:22:31 PM

???

Jesus the pedophile (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.