Catholic Church SCRAMBLING After Pope Questions Existence of Hell

Started by Unbeliever, April 04, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on April 16, 2018, 04:14:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

Regards
DL

Well, you probably never REALLY want to know where fingers have been when you REALLY weren't thinking about them deliberately/specifically.  I once read a description of 18th century catholic orphanages where children were reuired to sleep with their hands above the blankets lest hands do something that would surely send the (sleeping, of course) owners to hell...

The nuns would stalk through the community bedrooms and whap any child whose arms and hands were NOT above the blankets.

Yeah THAT will get you a good night's sleep!  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

The tyranny of the master to the slave is something I felt when young.

It likely helped me see straight in terms of religion. The reverse of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 10:17:06 AM
The tyranny of the master to the slave is something I felt when young.

It likely helped me see straight in terms of religion. The reverse of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Regards
DL

It is hard to say what is more insidious ... ideology or theology ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 05, 2018, 02:54:28 PM
It is hard to say what is more insidious ... ideology or theology ;-(

I think theology is more insidious than a human based ideology.

In a theology, I cannot argue God out of a poor law.
In a human based ideology, I can argue with humans and initiate changes to antiquated laws.

That is part of why I chose Gnostic Christianity. It is a human based ideology and we put God below us where God belongs, given that all Gods are man made.

Regards
DL

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

In a human based ideology, I can argue with humans and initiate changes to antiquated laws.

That is part of why I chose Gnostic Christianity. It is a human based ideology and we put God below us where God belongs, given that all Gods are man made.

Regards
DL

Man wasn't made for the Sabbath, the Sabbath was made for man.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 05, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

Regards
DL

Take the next logical step and dismiss theism entirely...

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on May 05, 2018, 03:15:51 PM
Man wasn't made for the Sabbath, the Sabbath was made for man.

Exactly, and I extrapolate what Jesus meant when he said that is that he would also say the same about our invention of Gods and religions.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 10:53:05 PM
Take the next logical step and dismiss theism entirely...

I have. That is why I name my God as I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our God "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 07, 2018, 02:11:50 PM
The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural.

And you should.  There was nothing in your post that was actually fact-based.  Just a vague suggestion of a claim.  Interestingly, not even an actual claim...

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 06:57:36 AM
And you should.  There was nothing in your post that was actually fact-based.  Just a vague suggestion of a claim.  Interestingly, not even an actual claim...

It was indeed a claim concerning what we see as or call God.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 08:45:59 AM
It was indeed a claim concerning what we see as or call God.

Regards
DL

And a claim is all it is.  An unsupported one. Do you have any SUPPORTED claim?

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 09:05:08 AM
And a claim is all it is.  An unsupported one. Do you have any SUPPORTED claim?

I do not follow the full thinking shown here but it does show the use of I am.

"Now, allow me, a wretched servant of the Lord, a miserable sinner, to affirm the majesty of my luminous “I Am,” before whom I kneel, since before him I feel that I am miserable, poor in virtue, and very bountiful in sin."

https://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/the-major-mysteries/3634-the-gnostic-movement.html

If you want more, do your own research.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 09:15:35 AM
I do not follow the full thinking shown here but it does show the use of I am.

"Now, allow me, a wretched servant of the Lord, a miserable sinner, to affirm the majesty of my luminous “I Am,” before whom I kneel, since before him I feel that I am miserable, poor in virtue, and very bountiful in sin."

https://gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/the-major-mysteries/3634-the-gnostic-movement.html

If you want more, do your own research.

Regards
DL

The question is straight-forward.  "Do you have any SUPPORTED claim?"

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on May 09, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
The question is straight-forward.  "Do you have any SUPPORTED claim?"

Look and listen, again, for the first time.

Yes. Logic and reason support my claim, as well as historic references from a number of religion.

If what follows is not good enough for your then do not bother me.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

If you are not your controller and, in a sense, your God, then who is?

If you cannot say, I am, then you have yet to grow up.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on May 09, 2018, 11:16:53 AM
Look and listen, again, for the first time.

Yes. Logic and reason support my claim, as well as historic references from a number of religion.

If what follows is not good enough for your then do not bother me.

If you are not your controller and, in a sense, your God, then who is?

If you cannot say, I am, then you have yet to grow up.

Regards
DL

I neither accept any existing entities as deities, nor do I accept you or myself as one.  Try again.  I'm retired and my garden is planted.  I have all day...