Catholic Church SCRAMBLING After Pope Questions Existence of Hell

Started by Unbeliever, April 04, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Did the pope really say no hell exists, but that bad, unrepentant souls just disappear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhZFhNDNao
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I thought they called that "limbo".  Doesn't sound too bad, being on a Caribbean island, partying.  And I will be happy to let someone more flexible than myself, win at "limbo".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Unbeliever

And this whole "hell means separation from God" stuff, that many Christians like to claim, is not biblically correct, since Psalm 139:7-8 says:

QuoteWhither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

So, according to that there can never be separation from God.
God Not Found

Munch

A nihilistic pope. Well that's some green eggs and ham right there.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2018, 05:26:08 PM

Who did or didn't cooperate with the Argentine junta.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

This Pope sure is putting the Catholics in a weird place. He's supposed to the number one source. The man who speaks for God. Yet he's contradicting doctrine that has been taken for granted for thousands of years. Now we just need a Pope who says that God might not exist.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

As "only Nixon could go to China", "only the Pope can ignore hell".  Well pope-ficially, LOL.  *I* haven't worried about hell ever that I can recall.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 05, 2018, 12:20:03 AM
As "only Nixon could go to China", "only the Pope can ignore hell".  Well pope-ficially, LOL.  *I* haven't worried about hell ever that I can recall.

I don't either, though hell on Earth is something I would worry about ... if I worried.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 04, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
This Pope sure is putting the Catholics in a weird place.
thats a Donald Trump move right there. Let’s see who makes the most dumb moves Trump with the US or the Pope with the Catholic church
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

Is there a way they can fire the Pope if they get really pissed at him? I wonder if the previous Pope was actually forced to resign for some real or imagined transgression?
God Not Found

fencerider

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2018, 05:26:08 PM
maybe the old man is a little daft in the head.

I havent yet had the opportunity to be eating green eggs and ham. Of course I would avoid it if I did (asian food- 100 year old eggs or 1,000 year old eggs, one of them is green). The way that green eggs are made is as eccentric as a Pope that says its ok to be gay and that hell doesnt exist.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 07, 2018, 04:38:33 PM
Is there a way they can fire the Pope if they get really pissed at him? I wonder if the previous Pope was actually forced to resign for some real or imagined transgression?

http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2013/01/31/pope-removed-from-office/

here is a long winded explanation

Unbeliever

That was pretty interesting! So, if a Pope can prove he's crazy he gets to stay in the office no matter what. Sure, that makes sense...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 07, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

The Vatican is like Las Vegas ... what happens in the Vatican, stays in the Vatican ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.