Author Topic: Do we owe Muslims another apology?  (Read 540 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2018, 07:37:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have done our share of evil for sure, but we have also been the source of progress.

Regards
DL

Per Guns, Germs and Steel, it had nothing to do with people per se, just lucky geography.  The equator for example, sucked then and still does.  Using geography as the source of success, is even more neutral than other ideas of history which imagine that individuals don't matter.
שלום

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
Self hating people (in this case in the West) are a cancer.  They hate themselves and their neighbors, but they won't just quietly suicide or mass kill, like Marx they want to execute society as a whole.

I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »
I do not see many self-haters but do see many who love enough to do the charitable works that have almost eliminated poverty, the source of much evil.

Regards
DL

The theistic "I'll get to heaven because I spooned soup to the poor" are in for a big surprise when they don't wake up in Heaven.  Because they won't 'wake up" anywhere ever.  They will be as dead as that poor spider they stomped in disgust the day before they died.  And they assumed THAT was dead, right?

You think The Church (of your choice) has meaningfully reduced poverty and sufferring anywhwere  Well, after all this time and effort on your part, why do they still exist?  Because you DEPEND on their existence.  Without the poor and downtrodden, you don't have a purpose!  You are NOTHING without them to succor.  And beg money for (to support yourselves). 

Have fun with THAT!

Dead is dead.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk