News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 18, 2018, 06:43:00 AM
Brooks is my congressional rep. I can assure you he is really a lot worse than you think he is.

Democracy = if your party or rep suck, it is because you and the other voters suck.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on May 18, 2018, 06:49:28 AM
Democracy = if your party or rep suck, it is because you and the other voters suck.

Probably, but it at least this area helped keep Roy Moore out of the Senate...

We are the little blue island at the top.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 18, 2018, 06:43:00 AM
Brooks is my congressional rep. I can assure you he is really a lot worse than you think he is.
I see two possibilities here:

First, is that he is smarter than his constituency and doesn't really believe that, but is just playing to the crowd.  This is possible because we know that all politicians lie, some much more blatantly than others.

Second, is that he is stupid or a moron.  Ocean silting isn't even part of the standard talking points of the deniers, so he must have come up with this on it's own.  It's so stupid, that even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 18, 2018, 07:05:13 AM
Probably, but it at least this area helped keep Roy Moore out of the Senate...

We are the little blue island at the top.

Not good to provide an electoral map, so Putin, buddy of Trump, knows where to drop the Russian nukes ;-)

Well Roy Moore seemed to be a loser, and confirmed it on election day.  Unfortunately one of the damn candidates will win.  Two bad both can't lose to "none of the above".  Congress has a 10% approval rating, if it were Parliament, we could have a public vote of no confidence, and shit can all the incumbents.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2018, 08:43:48 AM

First, is that he is smarter than his constituency and doesn't really believe that, but is just playing to the crowd.  This is possible because we know that all politicians lie, some much more blatantly than others.

Second, is that he is stupid or a moron.  Ocean silting isn't even part of the standard talking points of the deniers, so he must have come up with this on it's own.  It's so stupid, that even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid.

He might as well blame sea-level rise on all the boats in the water that displace the sea, causing it to rise.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 18, 2018, 01:23:24 PM
He might as well blame sea-level rise on all the boats in the water that displace the sea, causing it to rise.
Or propose a sponge-breeding program to suck up any excess water if it does rise.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Climate change denial puts few arguments out that are even half way plausible.  This one was probably near the top of the list of stupid arguments.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 18, 2018, 03:36:29 PM
Or propose a sponge-breeding program to suck up any excess water if it does rise.

Don't invite Congressmen to breed!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2018, 08:43:48 AM

I really liked that "even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid."  That takes a heap of "stupid" but I think you are right.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 18, 2018, 06:22:21 PM
Don't invite Congressmen to breed!
Don't invite Congressmen to breathe.
God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 19, 2018, 02:10:35 PM
I'm irresistably reminded of the late great Linda Smith's comment about not giving some British political figure (I think it was Jeffrey Archer) "the oxygen of publicity": "I'm not that happy with him having the oxygen of oxygen, actually."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 19, 2018, 02:10:35 PM

Well, what would we do without a Kennedy in office.  The liberals would feel cheated of the name and the conservatives would have to focus on a Clinton.  Oh, wait...

Unbeliever

Oh oh, if you mention a Kennedy Baruch'll be compelled to mention Chappaquiddick.

Wow, I actually spelled it right first try! ;-)
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 19, 2018, 05:15:38 PM
Oh oh, if you mention a Kennedy Baruch'll be compelled to mention Chappaquiddick.

Wow, I actually spelled it right first try! ;-)

First try?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  I can't even type Burach's name on the first try... 

OK, read this, close the post, type this into word [HEY, NO COPYING]
into any program by memory...

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
First try?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  I can't even type Burach's name on the first try... 

OK, read this, close the post, type this into word [HEY, NO COPYING]
into any program by memory...

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
Is that near Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll­lantysiliogogogoch?