Author Topic: Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Brooks is my congressional rep. I can assure you he is really a lot worse than you think he is.

Democracy = if your party or rep suck, it is because you and the other voters suck.
שלום

Offline PopeyesPappy

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:13 AM »
Democracy = if your party or rep suck, it is because you and the other voters suck.

Probably, but it at least this area helped keep Roy Moore out of the Senate...

We are the little blue island at the top.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
Brooks is my congressional rep. I can assure you he is really a lot worse than you think he is.
I see two possibilities here:

First, is that he is smarter than his constituency and doesn't really believe that, but is just playing to the crowd.  This is possible because we know that all politicians lie, some much more blatantly than others.

Second, is that he is stupid or a moron.  Ocean silting isn't even part of the standard talking points of the deniers, so he must have come up with this on it's own.  It's so stupid, that even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2018, 12:53:41 PM »
Probably, but it at least this area helped keep Roy Moore out of the Senate...

We are the little blue island at the top.

Not good to provide an electoral map, so Putin, buddy of Trump, knows where to drop the Russian nukes ;-)

Well Roy Moore seemed to be a loser, and confirmed it on election day.  Unfortunately one of the damn candidates will win.  Two bad both can't lose to "none of the above".  Congress has a 10% approval rating, if it were Parliament, we could have a public vote of no confidence, and shit can all the incumbents.
שלום

« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »

First, is that he is smarter than his constituency and doesn't really believe that, but is just playing to the crowd.  This is possible because we know that all politicians lie, some much more blatantly than others.

Second, is that he is stupid or a moron.  Ocean silting isn't even part of the standard talking points of the deniers, so he must have come up with this on it's own.  It's so stupid, that even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid.

He might as well blame sea-level rise on all the boats in the water that displace the sea, causing it to rise.
“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”
Miyamoto Musashi

Offline trdsf

« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
He might as well blame sea-level rise on all the boats in the water that displace the sea, causing it to rise.
Or propose a sponge-breeding program to suck up any excess water if it does rise.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline SGOS

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »
Climate change denial puts few arguments out that are even half way plausible.  This one was probably near the top of the list of stupid arguments.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
Or propose a sponge-breeding program to suck up any excess water if it does rise.

Don't invite Congressmen to breed!
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »

I really liked that "even the majority of stupid people would think it was stupid."  That takes a heap of "stupid" but I think you are right.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
Don't invite Congressmen to breed!
Don't invite Congressmen to breathe.
“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”
Miyamoto Musashi

Offline trdsf

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
I'm irresistably reminded of the late great Linda Smith's comment about not giving some British political figure (I think it was Jeffrey Archer) "the oxygen of publicity": "I'm not that happy with him having the oxygen of oxygen, actually."
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »

Well, what would we do without a Kennedy in office.  The liberals would feel cheated of the name and the conservatives would have to focus on a Clinton.  Oh, wait...

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
Oh oh, if you mention a Kennedy Baruch'll be compelled to mention Chappaquiddick.

Wow, I actually spelled it right first try! ;-)
Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
Oh oh, if you mention a Kennedy Baruch'll be compelled to mention Chappaquiddick.

Wow, I actually spelled it right first try! ;-)

First try?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  I can't even type Burach's name on the first try... 

OK, read this, close the post, type this into word [HEY, NO COPYING]
into any program by memory...

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Offline trdsf

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
First try?  Ya gotta be kidding me.  I can't even type Burach's name on the first try... 

OK, read this, close the post, type this into word [HEY, NO COPYING]
into any program by memory...

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
Is that near Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll­lantysiliogogogoch?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk